View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Well, at least I sleep better at night knowing I'm not supporting something I think is crap.
    Not trying to be mean, but if DC went back to the way you want it to, they'd go out of business.
    WHO DAT?!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    Not trying to be mean, but if DC went back to the way you want it to, they'd go out of business.
    I suppose that might be a personal taste attack against that particular poster...?

I, personally, think the intergration was probably a good idea, but the problem from the start was execution. They could have really mixed stuff up and made it so very awesome(I was excited about the New52 at first...so much so I was buying 11 books), but they just keep crapping on the things I love.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveEB View Post
    I suppose that might be a personal taste attack against that particular poster...?

I, personally, think the intergration was probably a good idea, but the problem from the start was execution. They could have really mixed stuff up and made it so very awesome(I was excited about the New52 at first...so much so I was buying 11 books), but they just keep crapping on the things I love.
    No, it's absolute fact.

If DC ever decided to ditch the new 52, and go back to pre Crisis, they would go out of business.

And if that's the way you feel, then you're making the right decision not to buy DC comics. I don't buy Marvel anymore for reasons that I've expressed on these forums before, and haven't looked back. To keep buying something that just makes you angry is kind of foolish.

No, it is foolish.
    WHO DAT?!!

Voodoo is being featured along with Grifter on FE. I also wish Firestorm wasnt a part of it but if I get more Lemire written Frankenstein I'll swallow that pill.

Im not reading Grayson, but its cool that current-day Midnighter is showing up somewhere.

The reality is, Wildstorm is likely never going to have the prominence it once had. Heck it was just spinning its wheels for a few years there before the New 52, so Ill keep reading FE and cross my fingers that Stormwatch be restored in a big way when its all undone as it will undoubtedly go.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Wildstorm is all over Future's End. I would be shocked if they don't spin a Wildstorm Universe book out of the weekly. Kaizen Gamorra has appeared in a few books lately and Midnighter is in Grayson. Frankly, I think it's smarter to integrate the characters into the DCU without their own book because that tends to end up isolated.
    Totally agree with this. Who's the Big Daddy universe here : the DCU or the WS ? WS got acquired by DC, and frankly I think this is the better approach. If you love the characters, accept the fact that they're in the DCU, at least until DC eventually makes an all encompassing Earth 50 Wildstorm title with it's own version of the WS universe, different from the current merged characters.

I'm digging the attention Grifter is getting in Future's End and think Gen13 and Superboy will be a good pairing for a title.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

Astonishing Member

I stopped reading Swamp Thing after they changed creative teams a while back, but the point is that there is a drastic onesidedness to the way they've done this. I've got to read about Batman's sidekick to get a Midnighter fix? I've got to read about Firestorm and Hawkman to get a Grifter fix? Why can't I read about a Wildstorm character or group that just happens to cross with DC characters? It's COMPLETELY bias.
    And if you wanted to read about Martian Manhunter, you had to read about Apollo and Midnighter.

DC tried to keep it balanced. Stormwatch was going to be important. Grifter and Daemonites and everything were going to be important.

The books tanked, and that they're not trying different ways to bring Wildstorm characters to prominence shows a greater corporate dedication to them than I'd have.

That sucks but i know those feelings, they havent done anything with the Milestone characters. Last thing was Static #8. Whenever asked about static or milestone all we get is "There are no current plans for them" despite it being said he would be in teen titans, just not as a constant member. Out of 30+ issues, he was in it...once, and that was before his book got cancelled. since then, NOTHING. But that doesn't mean you shouldnt buy stuff you like. I currently enjoy reading smallville and Injustice
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

BANNED

1. So you stopped buying DC, big whoop. Get about 30,000 others to follow you and then DC will start listening to you.
    2. Proclaiming your boycott after about a dozen "I'm through with DC" threads shows an over-inflated sense of self.
    3. It's even worse when your reasons for boycotting are wrong.

Not buying something youre not interested in isnt a boycott.
    I dont buy brussel sprouts because i dislike the taste. That doesnt mean i boycott sprouts...

And those saying theres no point in dropping DC because they wont care about one guy are insane.
    I guess you should keep buying books you dont like then!

I don't know why people feel like they need to create a thread an explain themselves on why they are not buying something anymore. It's not like it really matters to us that you are not buying something. Should I create a thread about what I had for lunch today? I think not.

Amazing Member

I read the entire solicitation list for November and not a single mention of ANYTHING Wildstorm related (collections of old material doesn't count) and I'm sick of it.
    And what about Teen Titans # 4? I'm pretty sure that's the new Ladytron on the cover...

BANNED

Sadly*I don't think DC will know nor do I think DC will care. I think that many of the writers in both companies love it when fans get angry enough to stop buying, so long as those fans say something on the internet about it. Fan anger on the internet seems to translate into sales. I believe that the angrier you get the happier many of them are.

There are other books out there, other publishers, y'know. There are plenty of other fish. My money will now go to more of those other fish instead of waiting for a fish I hate to start tasting good. Yeah, it may not mean a thing to a big corporation, but it's partially done for my own piece of mind. Who knows, maybe others feel the same.
    Those other companies publish even fewer Wildstorm titles than DC does.

DC has problems imo and thats not really a secret (Batbooks, Teen Titans a few other minor gripes). But I don't understand how Marvel get a pass with their 616 Universe. Marvel stories depress me more than DC stories half the time. The big events are so morbid and a lot of the big heroes have been performing immoral actions since 2006.
    The J-man