View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Nobody will notice, but I feel better for quitting buying anything DC52. Still enjoying the odd find of old books in the thrift stores. Don't buy what you don't enjoy. Believe me, your finances will appreciate it if not now then later.
    I found that anything in the shared universe was simply impossible to enjoy after Wonder Woman #7. Trying to read other DC books only reminded me that I was still angry and upset. I won't be back until Azzarello's run becomes the Elseworld it always should have been.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I found that anything in the shared universe was simply impossible to enjoy after Wonder Woman #7. Trying to read other DC books only reminded me that I was still angry and upset. I won't be back until Azzarello's run becomes the Elseworld it always should have been.
    I glanced at Robin Rises lately and realized that this was the one focus of the New52 that I don't care for.

Used to be a time when Batman readers felt that they wanted to see more of a presence of the DCU in the Batbooks. They seemed too disconnected from everything else. Little did we realize that that was the line's biggest charm.
    You could read the Batman books without having to ever acknowledge a world outside of Gotham.

I don't really care for the new Apokolips/Darkseid connection.
    From that point on, the bigger DCU has invaded Gotham and I'm not sure it's a good thing.

I understand that it logically would be expected for the DCU to put a stamp on the Batman mythos. I mean, it is a shared universe after all...
    But, Batman feels less "Dark Knight Detective" and more "the smart, non-powered Leaguer".
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I glanced at Robin Rises lately and realized that this was the one focus of the New52 that I don't care for.

Used to be a time when Batman readers felt that they wanted to see more of a presence of the DCU in the Batbooks. They seemed too disconnected from everything else. Little did we realize that that was the line's biggest charm.
    You could read the Batman books without having to ever acknowledge a world outside of Gotham.

I don't really care for the new Apokolips/Darkseid connection.
    From that point on, the bigger DCU has invaded Gotham and I'm not sure it's a good thing.

I understand that it logically would be expected for the DCU to put a stamp on the Batman mythos. I mean, it is a shared universe after all...
    But, Batman feels less "Dark Knight Detective" and more "the smart, non-powered Leaguer".
    It's not just Batman but the universe in general feels to connected, it feels like all the titles and characters are bleeding into each other. I prefer a DC where inter-connectivity is limited. But yeah I agree.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

All-New Member

If it was up to me, I would have a story where the Flash by accident re-splits the the 3 fused universes which created the New 52 which results with everyone back in there Pre-52 universes. However, the time between the events still happened and everyone still has the memories of the new-52. so in 4-6 issue event, they defeat Pandora, create stable portals between the DC, Vertigo and Wildstorm and the new 52 universe becomes universe 53, so writers can still use it if they want to or choose to write in the old universe if they choose. Basically creating DC's equivalent of the Now and regular comics.

fans of both win and writers get more freedom so they win.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    The overall quality went up compared to the few years pre-Flashpoint, so that's all that matters to me.

I could care less about the '5 year' complaints. This is comic-book time we're talking about here. It never made sense.

I could care less about re-imagined stories/origins. The old stories are still there for you to read.
    Hey SmokeMonster, how dare you take this approach with comic books! It's so sensible. How can you even enjoy anything you read???

Seriously, we are reading about spandex wearing heroes who constantly have to save the universe. I'm okay with suspending my belief just a tad bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoKid View Post
    Seriously, we are reading about spandex wearing heroes who constantly have to save the universe.
    The sad part is that they don't even wear spandex anymore, because it isn't "grounded" or "modern" enough.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    The sad part is that they don't even wear spandex anymore, because it isn't "grounded" or "modern" enough.
    Of course spandex outfits aren't 'grounded' and 'modern'. Do you think the superheroes running around in real life wear spandex?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Of course spandex outfits aren't 'grounded' and 'modern'. Do you think the superheroes running around in real life wear spandex?
    There aren't any superheroes in real life...
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Yeah, how could there be superheroes in real life if they couldn't reboot every few years?

Of course. So it shouldn't matter if they wear spandex.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

That makes no sense at all.
    Cyclops was right

Then what reason was there to change the original designs in the first place if these characters are entirely fictional?

Then what reason was there to change the original designs in the first place if these characters are entirely fictional?
    Same reason newer version of anything are made, progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Same reason newer version of anything are made, progression.
    It's not progression if the new designs look worse than the originals.

It's not progression if the new designs look worse than the originals.
    That's far from a fact, alot of those old designs are the driving factor in why comic book fans are still ridicule.