View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    That's far from a fact, alot of those old designs are the driving factor in why comic book fans are still ridicule.
    So is it dignified to cater to the people who mocked your product for years? That feels more like selling out to me.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    So is it dignified to cater to the people who mocked your product for years? That feels more like selling out to me.
    Catering to them specifically? of course not but they still want a wider audience, at the end of the day their running a business their jobs is to make money.

Catering to them specifically? of course not but they still want a wider audience, at the end of the day their running a business their jobs is to make money.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on that. I don't see it as anything but selling out for money and DC chasing the mainstream audience, old fans be damned.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 11-07-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Removing Superman's trunks doesn't seem to have produced higher sales. That's all I'm saying.

That's far from a fact, alot of those old designs are the driving factor in why comic book fans are still ridicule.
    Then clearly comics are not for people who don't like the costumes. It's pretty simple. I don't care if people make fun of me as a comic book fan. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Then clearly comics are not for people who don't like the costumes. It's pretty simple. I don't care if people make fun of me as a comic book fan. So what?
    Exactly YOU don't care, are others just suppose to feel the same way as well?

Especially with stuff like this?

Comics are supposed to be crazy, if that's your point.

I love the new52! It's what got me into collecting comics! I used to get so confused every time I walked into a comic shop. All these high issue numbers and the staff not really willing to help made it very demotivating for me to start. Also, I could not stand picking up issue #650 for example without owning issue #1 .
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on that. I don't see it as anything but selling out for money and DC chasing the mainstream audience, old fans be damned.
    Are you familiar with capitalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Are you familiar with capitalism?
    Of course I am, so I know the dirty side of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    I love the new52! It's what got me into collecting comics! I used to get so confused every time I walked into a comic shop. All these high issue numbers and the staff not really willing to help made it very demotivating for me to start. Also, I could not stand picking up issue #650 for example without owning issue #1 .
    I always will prefer it that way. Collecting ,to me, should be all about finding each individual issue, its a process that takes time.

I also love the New 52! Although I'm starting to think three years is long enough that maybe it isn't "New" anymore- can we just start calling it the DCU? Whatever.

I got comics in trade on occasion before the reboot, but September of 2011 was a life changer to me! I started buying books on a monthly and never looked back! Of course, by now I've greatly expanded by collection of classic comic books as well, but that never would have happened if I hadn't started collecting with the New 52!

It's a comic book. Crazy costumes come with the territory. The redesigned New 52 costumes are no more sensible or believable than the old standbys were.

Actually, the Robin costume looks pretty good. Nicely drawn by whoever that artist is.

As for book numbers, I miss books numbered in the hundreds. I hate constant relaunches and new #1s. I like to buy books in the triple digits.
    Last edited by andersonh1; 11-12-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Default New 52 Rant!

Ok, so ever since last year, i've gotten back into comics and i've been wanting to start on dc due to the new 52 reboot :d . I was super excited that i have a "starting on point". I can start over with my favorite characters with a new look and flavor to them. I started off with justice league by johns and lee and i have to say, origins was amazing!

But the reason, i'm making this rant is because, judging from the dc community, a lot of people don't like the reboot :? What!?

I mean, i can understand that veteran readers who've been following the comics since way way back, hating it cuz they just lost all of what their following. A lot of people also don't like how the characters have different personalities than their pre new52 counterparts (it's actually kinda the same really, only having more attitude and such). Shouldn't readers give them a chance to prove themselves, since it's a reboot, the characters should start off with many flaws and such and work their way towards what they really stand for.

I don't really see a point to a reboot if everything stays the same. As for the continuity, i can see how it can be confusing for issues like batgirl (whether is associates with the killing joke). But what if, the writers just want to incorporate an event like that happening in her past?

What are your thoughts on this? I can appreciate and accept opinions since everyone has their own, whether they dislike it or like it. I just don't think people should keep associating the new 52 with whatever happened in the pre-new52. Yes, people will always judge, but i feel it limits your experience if you don't see it for what it is.

BANNED

I am loving the new 52, people need to realize that this is a brand new universe, anything is fair game. They can change anything they want. Seems like they don't understand what a reboot is. And welcome!