View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I agree.
    Static Shock in particular should have been given as much of a chance as Green Arrow and Batgirl have had. A new creative team and direction could have saved it.
    Same for Legion Lost, which had some of the most popular Legion members in it.
    Static Team was bad it was just 8 issues and I couldn't finish it
    Legion Lost is back thou in JLU of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Unfortunately, almost everything on the DC board here is related to the Nu52. I wish CBR could make a subforum for non Nu52 related discussions here.
    Can't you just make threads about the old stuff.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I think there would be too much opposition to that idea.
    Or the threads will get derailed rather quickly.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I think there would be too much opposition to that idea.
    Or the threads will get derailed rather quickly.
    Make an Appreciation thread then, users who derail those get banned quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I have before, but those either don't last long or are quickly pushed away by new Nu52 threads.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Make an Appreciation thread then, users who derail those get banned quickly
    Very true, as well as posters who would use it to beat up on the DCnU or any other universe he or she didn't like. If you're just appreciating, however, you have nothing to worry about.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I have before, but those either don't last long or are quickly pushed away by new Nu52 threads.
    Then you just need to try harder.

BANNED

I'd be all for a Pre 52 Appreciation Thread, as long as it was about appreciating what came before and not bashing what's going on now.

I was watching some of Superman: The Movie last night and it made me miss Superman. The Superman before the New 52 seemed to be more affectionate more friendly to me and this new version isn't.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

BANNED

So is the New 52 better than before?

New 52 is awesome. I'm sick of people trying to bring it down just because it's different.

I can't speak for myself, because I read more than just DC... However... I think the problem stems from people who are loyalists to one company and refuse to read anything else. In this case, DC.

For them, there is nothing else but DC Comics.
    And when a title gets relaunched or goes in a new direction and those readers don't care for it, they simply ignore the book until it changes again. In the meantime, they focus on other areas of the DC Universe that fit their tastes and are still considered important to the overall continuity of the universe.

With New52, they simply can't just ignore it because it envelops the entire line. There's nowhere for them to go that's still in continuity for them to "wait it out".
    They could read some Image, Marvel or Dynamite... but their habitual devotion to the one universe puts up a barrier.
    Some do eventually break through and sample other companies, but then some have just stopped reading comics altogether.
    While a few diehards have caved and bit into the New52 because "something is better than nothing".

I, personally, think the push started by Doyle's Batman line to allow more creativity will bring a lot of people back in. Especially once it seeps into the rest of the DCU.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Nope. And before the whining starts, I didn't start reading DC until a few months ago. I came in after the reboot, and I still thinks its trash.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Then the last dozen years immediately before? Yes, by far.

I can't speak for myself, because I read more than just DC... However... I think the problem stems from people who are loyalists to one company and refuse to read anything else. In this case, DC.

For them, there is nothing else but DC Comics.
    And when a title gets relaunched or goes in a new direction and those readers don't care for it, they simply ignore the book until it changes again. In the meantime, they focus on other areas of the DC Universe that fit their tastes and are still considered important to the overall continuity of the universe.

With New52, they simply can't just ignore it because it envelops the entire line. There's nowhere for them to go that's still in continuity for them to "wait it out".
    They could read some Image, Marvel or Dynamite... but their habitual devotion to the one universe puts up a barrier.
    Some do eventually break through and sample other companies, but then some have just stopped reading comics altogether.
    While a few diehards have caved and bit into the New52 because "something is better than nothing".
    That largely describes me, except I tried some Marvel when it became clear that the New 52 wasn't working for me. I bought Captain America for a bit, and really enjoyed Superior Spider Man and Waid's Daredevil. But that universe just doesn't have the emotional connections that DC's universe does. As you point out, in the past if a book went off the rails, I could always just stick with other books that I still enjoyed. When a whole line changes overnight, where is there to go? I ended up delving into DC's older books since the current ones largely didn't do it for me. I've become a big fan of the Archives at this point.
    Last edited by andersonh1; 12-17-2014 at 03:36 PM.