View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I was watching some of Superman: The Movie last night and it made me miss Superman. The Superman before the New 52 seemed to be more affectionate more friendly to me and this new version isn't.
    When was the last time anyone saw Superman express emotions of happiness and joy of doing his good deeds ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    So is the New 52 better than before?
    If by better than you mean much darker and confusing than ever, then yes the new 52 is Better /darker than before

Hell no .
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

I think so, but I think it's better to decide on your own though, fellow Storm fan. Old bitter fans will tell you that it's terrible, while New 52 fans will say it's great. Don't listen to us, come up with your own opinion my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Old bitter fans will tell you that it's terrible,
    Way to be classy and slam those with an opinion that differs from yours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post

So that's all you saw in that post? I'm only going by what I see. Some are bitter, some aren't. The ones who are bitter tend to be louder. If someone has a different opinion from mine, then so be it. I won't lose any sleep over it.
    Last edited by Starchild; 12-22-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Yeah, because you lot never express things along similar, dismissive lines. You can't have it both ways.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Guys, let's not make this personal.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So that's all you saw in that post? I'm only going by what I see. Some are bitter, some aren't. The ones who are bitter tend to be louder. If someone has a different opinion from mine, then so be it. I won't lose any sleep over it.
    As requested by Darknight Detective, I'm not trying to be personal. But what started out as a very fair "try it and see for yourself" comment included a shot at fans of older DC books and characters. And yes, that's the main thing that jumped out at me in an otherwise very reasonable post. I think your advice is well-taken: people should try the books out for themselves and decide.

It's easy to make broad criticisms, and as pointed out, I've done it myself. I'll try to guard against that tendency in future. I don't have a problem with fans of the New 52, generally speaking. It's the books themselves that still, after three years, largely don't work for me, with a few exceptions.
    Last edited by andersonh1; 12-22-2014 at 10:15 PM.

BANNED

Believe me. There is a lot of the New 52 that I am not fond of either, but I try to focus on what I do like from the New 52.
    As requested by Darknight Detective, I'm not trying to be personal. But what started out as a very fair "try it and see for yourself" comment included a shot at fans of older DC books and characters. And yes, that's the main thing that jumped out at me in an otherwise very reasonable post. I think your advice is well-taken: people should try the books out for themselves and decide.

It's easy to generalize, and as pointed out, I've done it myself. I'll try to guard against that tendency in future. I don't have a problem with fans of the New 52, generally speaking. It's the books themselves that still, after three years, largely don't work for me, with a few exceptions.

Believe me. There is a lot of the New 52 that I am not fond of either, but I try to focus on what I do like from the New 52.
    I could do that, but that would essentially be Green Lantern and just about nothing else.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    When was the last time anyone saw Superman express emotions of happiness and joy of doing his good deeds ?
    Like, a lot of times in the New 52? Under Morrison, Lobdell and Pak just to name three.

Not for me...I still don't read anything by DC (except the Multiversity: PAX Americana issue) since New 52 took over.

The characters are damaged IMHO.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Not for me...I still don't read anything by DC (except the Multiversity: PAX Americana issue) since New 52 took over.

The characters are damaged IMHO.
    How could you hold an opinion on the characters if you haven't read anything they've been in?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    How could you hold an opinion on the characters if you haven't read anything they've been in?
    This happens a lot.

Most people only try something once.

Most likely he tried New52, like I did, when it first started. And didn't like it.

This brings up an interesting thought, though...

Should someone that didn't like it in 2011 keep dipping in, at $3 to $4 a pop, periodically to see if it changed?
    It's possible that he, like so many others, have attached their distaste of the comics of 2011 with the "New52" label on the cover. And as such, it's treated either like a new comic company that didn't interest them or an event that won't end until the "New52" label disappears.

At least he, and others, are still supporting DC by buying Multiversity and coming to the forums, even though someone like that isn't made very welcome here.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.