View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 63 of 97 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Actuallly no, if you haven't experienced something you don't have any knowledge about it, at most you read someone's opinion on it, and not everyone shares the same opinion.
    I would say sometimes that's true and sometimes it's not.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spektre View Post
    I've seen this erroneous argument frequently. One need not experience a thing to have strong and knowledgeable opinions on a thing. Or perhaps you have no strong opinions on jumping from an airplane without a chute?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Actuallly no, if you haven't experienced something you don't have any knowledge about it, at most you read someone's opinion on it, and not everyone shares the same opinion.
    This isn't worth disagreeing over. The analogy was daft in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Really...people are still going on about hating the New 52?
    Did you think that argument would have stopped by now? You ought to know comic book fandom better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Really...people are still going on about hating the New 52?
    I hope you’re not being so crass as to lump everyone who doesn’t care for the New 52 together into a single category of “haters”.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I hope you’re not being so crass as to lump everyone who doesn’t care for the New 52 together into a single category of “haters”.
    I'd say if you don't like every single book just because it says New 52 on the cover, you're pretty much just a hater.

There's so much variety in story and quality across all the titles, you're bound to find something you like unless you already decided you won't like any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    I'd say if you don't like every single book just because it says New 52 on the cover, you're pretty much just a hater.
    OTOH, nobody dislikes a book “just because it says New 52 on the cover”; there’s always a reason why the New 52 label turns them off of the book — and until you address that reason, you’re lumping people in as “haters” who don’t really deserve the label.

In fact, I think that the label should be reserved for those who want to see the end of the New 52. Someone who simply doesn’t buy New 52 titles doesn’t hate it; he simply doesn’t care for it; someone who tries to discourage others from buying it, or attacks those who like it, or lobbies against its future publication, or cheers whenever the New 52 suffers a setback, or mopes when it doesn’t suffer a setback? That’s a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    There's so much variety in story and quality across all the titles, you're bound to find something you like unless you already decided you won't like any of them.
    Nice loophole you put in there: if anyone says that they haven’t found anything they like in the New 52 line, you claim either that they haven’t looked hard enough or that they’re not giving it a fair shot. In short, it’s a way of saying that there’s something wrong with anyone who doesn’t like the New 52.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think hating on the New 52 just to hate on it is unfair. I'm pretty much 'meh' on it all. Now, I've enjoyed JUSTICE LEAGUE, and Snyders BATMAN,FOREVER EVIL was pretty nice and I'm grateful that the SUPERMAN titles are actually worth reading again with creators that actually get the character,but in my opinion as a whole, the larger New 52 main earth is pretty bland and boring compared to the DCU we had prior to Identity Crisis. From 2003 to 2011, it felt like the people in charge were obsessed with putting the genie back in the bottle with all their moves backward. Barry Allen HAD to be Flash again, Hal Jordan HAD to be GL again. Too many legacy and Teen heroes....gotta get rid of them! Superman's origin is ALL WRONG! We gotta keep fixing it...and fixing it....and fixing it.....

The people in charge's fumbling attempts to retcon the Post-Crisis DCU back to the Pre-Crisis Bronze Age DCU (or a slightly darker facimile of it) is why we have the New 52. When Looking at the New 52, new costumes and color/gender swaps aside, the current DCU is basically the DCU as it existed in the mid to late 70's...around the time the current leadership were regular readers...and I don't think that's an accident. For all the handwringing that the New 52 is too nontraditional and ruins or disregards the history of DC, The New 52 is too much like the DCU from 30+ years ago, just with surface changes and a little more "edginess" in some of the stories. It's not really New. Just a facelift to a previously existing paradigm that had been outgrown and surpassed before the people in charge decided it all needed to be fixed and transformed back the way it was, as that is what they grew up with, and that's how it should always be.

For all the complaints (many justified) that the Post-Crisis was "clutter" earth, too full of characters, too contradictory and complicated,The New 52, until the past year or so, felt too small, limited....just bland. The tone, art, writing style across the line just seemed too much the same stuff. (a few exceptions here and there of course). I prefer a diverse, large and exciting fictional backdrop which these stories take place in...and the New 52 was...and in some ways still is, lacking in that. It has gotten better the last while I must admit, but it still has a ways to go.

I do hope that CONVERGENCE and whatever it leads to gives us a more complex, exciting, no limits DCU that fans new and old can enjoy. DiDio's interview about CONVERGENCE and the move west gives me hope that perhaps that a change is around the corner. We will see in 6 months time I guess.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 01-22-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Nice loophole you put in there: if anyone says that they haven’t found anything they like in the New 52 line, you claim either that they haven’t looked hard enough or that they’re not giving it a fair shot. In short, it’s a way of saying that there’s something wrong with anyone who doesn’t like the New 52.
    Anyone who doesn't like the New 52 as a whole, yeah that's completely on them.

What’s “on them”? That’s the sort of phrasing that one uses when a crime has been committed; but there’s nothing inherently wrong with disliking the New 52 as a whole. Conversely, there is something wrong with calling people haters for not liking what you like.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Amazing Member

He, meaning Joe, is doing the same "you-know-what" that he did, or does, at BleedingCool. Jesus blanking Christ will you STOP defending every single blanking move that DC does currently?

I mean you are damn-near like a cult with it.

But on a serious note 40+ books published per month there must be at least one title that has your interest, at least one.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Not really, no. The only book from DC that I’m following right now is Multiversity; and that’s largely because it’s about the other Earths and has very little to do with Earth 0.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Whats wrong with Earth 0?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Objectively? Nothing; and I wish DC success in selling it, and the New 52’s fans enjoyment in reading it. It’s just not something that I enjoy. Maybe that will change in the future; but for now, there’s not enough of interest to me in any of the New 52 titles to entice me to spend any of my budget on it.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Ok fair enough