View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1454

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    If they want me as a customer, this is what has to happen. It's that simple.
    You might find this enlightening: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/233005

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Wow, that is some ultimatum. I bet there are some seriously fraught meetings taking place behind closed doors at DC at the moment....

They don't care, because you've just been replaced by three new readers.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    They don't care, because you've just been replaced by three new readers.
    They want as many customers as possible, so I would disagree DC doesn't care. Having said that, though, they have more customers now than they had at the end of the DCU, so it would be foolish to change back at this point.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Some old elements from pre flashpoint could come back to DC You via the movies and tv shows. The superman movie seems to favor the old Lois and Clark popularized by the very memorable Lois and Clark tv show. The tv shows also prefer the reincarnation origin for both Hawkman and Hawkgirl Kendra. The Flash Tv show is using the classic Jay Garrick. The movies seem to be pairing Wonder Woman with Steve Trevor like in pre coie.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 07-28-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    They want as many customers as possible, so I would disagree DC doesn't care. Having said that, though, they have more customers now than they had at the end of the DCU, so it would be foolish to change back at this point.
    But if somebody is stubborn enough to boycott the entire company over a storyline in one book, there's literally nothing they can do. There's a time you just have to write somebody off as a hopeless cause.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

But if somebody is stubborn enough to boycott the entire company over a storyline in one book, there's literally nothing they can do. There's a time you just have to write somebody off as a hopeless cause.
    I don't expect to ever read DC comics again.

If it were just a temporary storyline that might be one thing; as a new status quo it simply is something that I'm not willing to accept. Moreover, it makes enjoying DC comics difficult; every time I'm reminded that this is the new status quo, I get angry and depressed again. I won't be able to enjoy any DC books until that bit of vandalism has been repaired. I also don't see myself as under any obligation to buy comics I won't enjoy reading.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

If it were just a temporary storyline that might be one thing; as a new status quo it simply is something that I'm not willing to accept. Moreover, it makes enjoying DC comics difficult; every time I'm reminded that this is the new status quo, I get angry and depressed again. I won't be able to enjoy any DC books until that bit of vandalism has been repaired. I also don't see myself as under any obligation to buy comics I won't enjoy reading.
    You don't have to buy anything you don't want to, but no company in their right mind is going to cave in to unreasonable demands.

You don't have to buy anything you don't want to, but no company in their right mind is going to cave in to unreasonable demands.
    "If the brussel sprouts companies want me as a customer, they'd better make their product taste like chocolate ice cream! It's that simple. Otherwise, I'll get angry and depressed."

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    "If the brussel sprouts companies want me as a customer, they'd better make their product taste like chocolate ice cream! It's that simple. Otherwise, I'll get angry and depressed."
    I do wish 3 Musketeer bars tasted like they did 30-40 years ago, though. Where's my pitchfork?!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Let me get my violin out...

I'm sorry but you strike me as the kind of guy that will never be truly satisfied with comic books. Even if DC bowed to your wishes and 'repaired' Wonder Woman I feel that it would only be a matter of time before they did something else to offend you. No-one is suggesting that you read something if you're not happy with it but the notion that this is DC's problem as opposed to yours is almost unreal. Sometimes it's better to just part ways I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    I know this may be a bit of a firestorm. But I like the new 52. I was a marvel reader that got to lost in the complicated story lines. You had to read 5 books to understand the story (ie avengers dissemble, civil war, house of m, planet hulk, secret invasion, dark avengers, Thor, just to understand seige). It was crazy

New 52 allowed me to start fresh and pick it up at number 1s. I bought back issues of justice league, omac, justice leage of America, all on ebay. I'm current and I like it.

Glad dc did the new 52
    I just jumped on this thread, so I thought I'd start with the first post. I grew up a Marvel guy but I'm with you in terms of losing interest in Marvel lately. For me, It's not so much the "big" stories that require picking up a lot of titles, it more that these events ended up giving short shrift to characterization where the plot took so much precedence over character (I'm looking at you "Infinity") that it almost doesn't matter anymore which characters are there because it's not at all about them.

That said, I understand that DC continuity had gotten overblown, but DC could have done what Marvel used to do in terms of ignoring things that weren't directly related to a story without having to remake the universe every three years. Personally, I liked the structure of the post-crisis DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That said, I understand that DC continuity had gotten overblown, but DC could have done what Marvel used to do in terms of ignoring things that weren't directly related to a story without having to remake the universe every three years. Personally, I liked the structure of the post-crisis DCU.
    I find it funny that Marvel fans brag that Marvel never reboots and that they always are in the same continuity. However, when you are always going in new directions and ignoring everything that came before unless it's convenient, in what way is that different to DC's reboots?

Anyway, you are right that DC could have done what Marvel does and a DCU-wide reboot was not necessary. However, I think it was a marketing plot more than anything. For a time it worked, it got a lot of attention, got readers on board and sales were improved. By now a lot of that extra steam is lost, but from a sales point of view you can't say it was a bad idea.

For the most part I don't mind the new52. It has brought us some good things. I'm much more concerned about getting good stories that about strict continuity. However, one real problem is that it has savaged the background of some characters. Tim Drake is a good example. And it's a pity, because it was quite unnecessary. You could just have had Batman be a bit older than the other 20-something heroes and keep the history of the batfamily intact.
    Last edited by db105; 09-18-2015 at 03:34 AM.

The DCU is just a messy place to read about right now.
    I'm just waiting it out until DC gets its act together and I recognize my favorite characters again.

Just my opinion of course.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

hmm disappeared for few month come back to find its basically right where I left this argument. neat its like I didnt miss anything.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52