View Poll Results: If DC Kills the New 52 - Which Continuity Should Return?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre-Crisis

56 15.43%
  • Post-Crisis

115 31.68%
  • Neither - Start over!

85 23.42%
  • Im fine with it the way it is

107 29.48%
Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1454

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Maybe turn it into the mighty rebirth thread or something like that.
    Rockin' Rebirth Thread
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Rockin' Rebirth Thread
    I love it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

I love it.
    Got my vote.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Maybe turn it into the mighty rebirth thread or something like that.
    That's a good idea but there are still a lot of fans out there with a colossal chip on their shoulder when it comes to the New 52. You'd think we were still in that period.

If we did start a new 'Rebirth' sticky then they would undoubtedly derail the thread on a regular basis.

No you should start a brand new thread for Rebirth. You can keep this one open for N52 fans to lament and reminisce.

Wait: fans of a prior continuity are allowed to lament and reminisce?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    That's a good idea but there are still a lot of fans out there with a colossal chip on their shoulder when it comes to the New 52. You'd think we were still in that period.

If we did start a new 'Rebirth' sticky then they would undoubtedly derail the thread on a regular basis.
    Upon reflection, it does seem a bit early for it anyway. We can make that decision after the event is done and the dust has settled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Wait: fans of a prior continuity are allowed to lament and reminisce?
    Damn, dude, keep your voice down. They might hear and shut us down. Some of us never registered with the New 52 Registration Act.

I'm getting a bit stressed trying to figure out what I actually need to read in New 52... In terms of characters that I like I plan to read Batman and Detective comics (read about 75% so far), Aquaman (7 and 8 left), Green Lantern, The Flash and JL/JLA/JLD. It would be easiest to just the Batman trades one after the other and read the Aquaman one after the other etc. However, I'm starting to feel like I need to be shifting between characters because of the events, I'm not where to fit them in or if I even need to read them at all... Some of them (Throne of Atlantis etc) are during a characters trades so that is fine, but things like Convergence. Also, if I read all of the Justice League trades in order, does that spoil (or require the previous reading of) trades from say Green Lantern or The Flash?

Can I just read the trades for each 'character' one after the other, one character at a time?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm getting a bit stressed trying to figure out what I actually need to read in New 52... In terms of characters that I like I plan to read Batman and Detective comics (read about 75% so far), Aquaman (7 and 8 left), Green Lantern, The Flash and JL/JLA/JLD. It would be easiest to just the Batman trades one after the other and read the Aquaman one after the other etc. However, I'm starting to feel like I need to be shifting between characters because of the events, I'm not where to fit them in or if I even need to read them at all... Some of them (Throne of Atlantis etc) are during a characters trades so that is fine, but things like Convergence. Also, if I read all of the Justice League trades in order, does that spoil (or require the previous reading of) trades from say Green Lantern or The Flash?

Can I just read the trades for each 'character' one after the other, one character at a time?
    Just read whatever book you want. You will often see when the next book ties into a crossover event at the end of the book, and you can worry about reading the crossover at that time. And the same holds true for crossover tie-ins. But if you want to know ahead of time what stories will be tying into which events, wiki can be your guide. Search the text for New 52, and click on the link for a given event to see which books participated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public...ossover_events

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

While I understand the thinking behind it, I found the New 52 managed to screw up alot more than it fixed.
    I hated the fact we lost all our legacy characters with the relaunch.
    Most of my favourite characters are legacy heroes like:
    Connor Hawke
    Wally West
    Tempest
    Jesse Quick
    Impulse
    The entire JSA (come back Jay!)
    And the less mentioned about Hawkman and Green Arrow the better!
    Then the characters they DID try to bring back were pretty much unrecognisable as they had to work within the '5 year' framework of DC52.
    It really was a case of the baby out with the bathwater, and I'm glad to see that DC has acknowledged this and are taking steps to rectify it.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

My favorite 52 books were:
    World's Finest with Powergirl and Huntress
    Grayson
    Grifter
    Frankenstein
    The ones that I thought had potential:
    Stormwatch(should have stuck to the original plot)
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    The series I would like to have seen:
    WildC.A.T.S
    Planetary( i can dream)
    The Syndicate (spin off from Grayson)
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    While I understand the thinking behind it, I found the New 52 managed to screw up alot more than it fixed.
    I hated the fact we lost all our legacy characters with the relaunch.
    Most of my favourite characters are legacy heroes like:
    Connor Hawke
    Wally West
    Tempest
    Jesse Quick
    Impulse
    The entire JSA (come back Jay!)
    And the less mentioned about Hawkman and Green Arrow the better!
    Then the characters they DID try to bring back were pretty much unrecognisable as they had to work within the '5 year' framework of DC52.
    It really was a case of the baby out with the bathwater, and I'm glad to see that DC has acknowledged this and are taking steps to rectify it.
    You didn't like this?GA 30 (3).jpg Cause I thought Lemire and Sorrentino both killed it.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I really enjoyed the Booster Gold series during this period. I miss Blue and Gold...

Things that I thought New 52 fixed....

1. Superman's power levels were closer to Silver Age levels
    2. Kents were dead again for a change
    3. Diana was the original Wonder Woman again
    4. Blonde Hippolyta
    5. Steve Trevor de-aged and his romantic history with diana restored
    6. Steve Trevor gained a sister and a nephew
    7. Characters that were alive again with the reboot: Vulko, Tula, Lilith Clay, Ted Kord, Ralph and Sue Dibney
    8. JSA was on a separate earth (they were botched but they work better on a different earth instead of being marginalized as a mentor team)
    9. Helena Wayne was back in canon (see #8)

BTW, I am enjoying Rebirth.

I stopped buying single issues around issue 9 or so of the New 52 and I'm going back and collecting the books I've missed as well as purchasing some new ones. I'm a fan of the New 52. I'm at Stormwatch issue 15 and I really enjoy it. It doesn't seem like a book people talk about much but as someone who isn't very familiar with Apollo, Midnighter, Jack Hawksmore and characters from Wildstorm it's got me really interested. I know Stormwatch stops at like issue 30, what happens to those characters after the end of the book? Do any of them appear in other books or get their own?

Also I read the early Detective Comics issues and I gotta say I'm not a fan of Tony Daniel's writing, but his art is incredible. Does Detective get any better because I might not pick up those issues (which is heartbreaking because I've read Detective since I started reading comics way back in '04)
    Last edited by Darkseid Is; 07-16-2017 at 10:18 AM.