Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default which is the most overrated overhyped storyline? X-Cutioner or Fatal Attractions

just wondering what X Men storyline you people think is the most overrated over the top storyline, X Cutioner Song or Fatal Attractions?

BANNED

reason why im asking is because im watching Comicpop's old youtube video of Fatal Attractions

Neither. Both are awesome. If if had to choose one, I’d give Fatal Attractions the edge. Mind blowing to my 15 year old self at the time, with no internet to spoil it for me!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Neither. Both are awesome. If if had to choose one, I’d give Fatal Attractions the edge. Mind blowing to my 15 year old self at the time, with no internet to spoil it for me!
    Absof..kinglutely!

Both events were amazing.

I still remember how freaked out my friends and I were after we read Fatal Attraction.

Fatal Attractions was such a wild ride and I'm glad I got to experience it as it came out. X-Cutioner's Song as well which was a bigger story in terms of number of issues. Hard to choose, I loved them both.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Absof..kinglutely!

I still remember how freaked out my friends and I were after we read Fatal Attraction.
    Yeah both were great. I'm still annoyed that Rachel was purposely "killed off" in Excalibur so she couldn't be involved in X-Cutioner (as the only Summers not part of it) but it was still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Absof..kinglutely!

I started reading at the end of Xcutioner song... so I didn't understand it at all. It was the month that issue 19 came out and I had grabbed a bunch of back issues between my first issue and then before I even understood who all the characters where.. and I was only reading X men and Uncanny.

Then came the news there was going to be another cross over... the guy at the store I walked to told me it was going to have a special thing with covers, but I had to buy other comics too... X factor and X force and Wolverine (did Excalibur cross over that time?) so I had to mow lawns to get extra money... when I read the BIG thing that happened I almost fell off my couch.

now I have a trade of Xcutioner and like it better then fatal attraction, but in 93 94 I was sold on FA... and then the build up to onslaught

so they are not overhyped, they are amazing.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Um... I actually liked both.

Fantastic Member

I agree with the general feeling that both crossovers were really good but for me, X-Cutioner's Song has the edge. The art was consistently amazing with Brandon Peterson, Andy Kubert, Greg Capullo, and Jae Lee being very solid. The fights between the teams were well done, I liked the story better, and of course three issues were written by Peter David. the aftermath issues were pretty good too. Fatal Attractions isn't bad at all, but for me it has two strikes: Magneto (and to a lesser extent the X-Men) having their characterization kneecapped, and the loss of Wolverine's adamantium which led to a storyline that dragged out for six years.

Oh man… I’m the exact opposite on Wolverine’s adamantium loss. That run from Wolverine #75 until issue 90’s big epic fight with Sabretooth, just before AoA kicked off, was some of the best character work ever done with Logan IMO. And it was also some of Adam Kubert’s best, most dynamic work of his career. Just pure gold, seeing Logan faced with his own mortality and more vulnerable than ever, being hunted one by one by his entire rogue’s gallery… Deathstrike, Bloodscream & Cylla, Cyber, the Hand, Hunter in Darkness, Kane/Weapon X, Deadpool, Sabretooth…

I’ll admit, after about issue #100 it dragged for another 45 issues. But those first 15-25 or so… man, they were good!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I always thought this was a powerful speech in Fatal Attractions . Probably not popular (because its Xavier and the message) , but...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I remember not loving Fatal Attractions when it first came out. I was just coming from reading Claremont's work on Magneto at the time and what followed was... that?! And Colossus betraying the team? Everything and everyone felt too dark and bleak for my taste, although probably I'd enjoy the story more if I reread it these days as an adult.

But X-Cutioner Song was balls to the wall fun from start to finish. At the time, Apocalypse, Sinister and Stryfe were still relatively unexplored so having them front and centre was a lot of fun. The first meeting between the new X-Force and X-Factor teams and the X-Men were great. PAD/Jae Lee's X-Factor issues were pitch-perfect. Just a very good crossover in general and probably my favourite of the Bob Harras era after the Age of Apocalypse.

Extraordinary Member

In a vacuum with no history before it Fatal Attractions is fine as an action story and spectacle, like a Fast and Furious movie. In the context of everything Claremont had done with the X-Men in the preceding 15+ years it is the culmination of some very bad trends both in the franchise and Marvel as a whole that make me really dislike 90s Marvel and turned X-Men into a shell of its former self.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 02-28-2024 at 01:22 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Song was better but that's probably cuz I like Cable, Stryfe and Apocalypse and the inter-connectivity between titles are better. People probably like Attractions because of the Uncanny, X-Men and Wolverine parts.
    "Cable was right!"

I loved both and still do. Both are worthy of the praise they get though I prefer Fatal Attractions.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel