Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    If I had to choose X-Cutioner's Song > Fatal Attractions.
    I may need to reread but...
    • Fatal Attractions was fractured. You didn't need to read X-Factor, X-Force or even Excailbur. So 3 core issues vs 12 of XS.
    • XS would have been ten times better if they never brought back Stryfe. He was such a broken man...more like a angry child actually.
    • XS having all the teams rumbling then breaking into mixed groups...Bishop, Cable and Wolvy.
    • XS Sinister, Apocalypse, Stryfe, Dark Riders...enemies becoming allies...
    • Rahne & Rictor sitting in a tree...

Looking back I think XS had more memorable moments.
    Thank you. All the good stuff happens in UXM, X-Men and Wolverine for Fatal Attractions. I think the X-Factor issue tries to hype up Exodus and the Acolytes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm wondering if it shouldn't have stuck with its original premise, that Cable was the clone and Stryfe the original, and just had them both die at the end for real. We would've missed out on some good Cable stuff that came later for sure, though. Like Soldier X and the whole Cable/Deadpool run, the Messiah Trilogy and all the stuff with Hope... but it would've made XS a much more powerful story that way. Instead Cable came right back, and then Stryfe did too later on. The only really lasting thing from that crossover was the Legacy Virus, whereas Fatal Attractions saw Colossus with the Acolytes for some time and Wolverine sans adamantium for even longer... not to mention the impact to Magneto and ultimately the birth of Onslaught coming out of FA too.
    I'm not sure why they teased Cable died at the end of Song. He was getting too popular. They also did the evil hero's child thing in Days of Future Present.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Can I just say the "X-traitor" heck even Onslaught were such wasted opportunities to do anything different and somehow they managed to come up with the most confusing, predictable, boring, nonsensical, mess possible.
    Onslaught being the traitor still doesn't make sense since no one in Bishop's future even knows who that is but that happens in comics lol.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Onslaught being the traitor still doesn't make sense since no one in Bishop's future even knows who that is but that happens in comics lol.
    Jean making the recording that Bishop finds closes the loop. In the original...prime...errrr alpha(?) timeline Bishop wasn't there to save everyone so what actually happened was lost.

We might have stumbled upon a story here. Did Onslaught contribute to making Bishop's future happen? What happened to him?
    (Did the Summers rebellion happen in Bishop's timeline? I don't remember if Multiple Man and Layla went to Bishop's timeline or an alternate...)

Damn, now I'm going to have to go and pull the Times and Life of Lucas Bishop from the shelf.

I don't remember if Multiple Man and Layla went to Bishop's timeline or an alternate...)
    It was Bishop's timeline. The X-Factor Layla Miller one shot confirms it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Fatal Attractions. Magneto has an orbiting base that humanity is threatened by so the X-Men have to fly up to stop him and results in Magneto being shelved at the end. They already did that with the first three issues 1991 reboot but having Colossus become an acolyte and Magneto EMP pulse the world along with liquifying and pulling out the adamantium from Wolverine makes it much, much worse.

It also is a direct cause of Onslaught existing and being the way they resolve the Bishop 'who is the traitor in the future' arc.
    Bishop turned out to be the x traitor?

Astonishing Member

No Xavier via possession of Onslaught.
    Forgot about that. The ending of the x traitor plotline was such a letdown.