Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    what would make best use of his skills ?
    I'd say Fantastic Four (if the upcoming "Venom War" is indeed the climax of his run and if the FF title is relaunched just in time for the 2025 movie). A way for him to keep working with Tom Brevoort (still the FF editor) outside of the X-titles and because Al Ewing seems a good fit for the FF (a fan of Jack Kirby, Dr. Doom & Galactus, the writer of several cosmic teams and the event Empyre in the past and also Immortal Hulk #49, a peculiar issue which can be described as an ode/love letter to the first family).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 03-03-2024 at 04:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    I'd say Fantastic Four (if the upcoming "Venom War" is indeed the climax of his run and if the FF title is relaunched just in time for the 2025 movie). A way for him to keep working with Tom Brevoort outside of the X-titles (still the FF editor) and because Al Ewing seems a good fit for the FF (a fan of Jack Kirby, Dr. Doom & Galactus, the writer of several cosmic teams and the event Empyre in the past and also Immortal Hulk #49, a peculiar issue which can be described as an ode/love letter to the first family).
    Fantastic Four would be a perfect match for Mr Ewing's skills, as would Avengers. But I really hope he makes his way back to the X-books at some point soon, his take on the characters and their history is just too good not to be put to good use.

I realised something: August 2027 will be both the time when Al Ewing turn 50 while his Immortal Thor run also reaches issue #50 (at least that the plan). Synchronicity !

I could see Ewing pulling a Gillen in a couple years and returning to the franchise to take more of a leading role. Funny enough back in the Decimation era Gillen’s Uncanny was the book being interrupted by crossovers and events, but still get getting praised as the bright spots in the said events.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I could see Ewing pulling a Gillen in a couple years and returning to the franchise to take more of a leading role. Funny enough back in the Decimation era Gillen’s Uncanny was the book being interrupted by crossovers and events, but still get getting praised as the bright spots in the said events.
    It was the best selling Marvel ongoing at the time and it was the best written. I think because what came after was a mess maybe that's why my view is soured.

I didn't like his first run with the X-Men either. It was sold as X-Men ala The Authority, which I was totally down for. What we got was colonial racist Sinister ad-nauseam and Unit. What a waste of a powerhouse lineup.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    I'd say Fantastic Four (if the upcoming "Venom War" is indeed the climax of his run and if the FF title is relaunched just in time for the 2025 movie). A way for him to keep working with Tom Brevoort (still the FF editor) outside of the X-titles and because Al Ewing seems a good fit for the FF (a fan of Jack Kirby, Dr. Doom & Galactus, the writer of several cosmic teams and the event Empyre in the past and also Immortal Hulk #49, a peculiar issue which can be described as an ode/love letter to the first family).
    I would have to agree, given FF deal with the more cosmic aspects of the Marvel U it would make sense.