Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Wolverine 44 synops review

As we open there putting logans hands and feet back on. The have a lead on Creed

Cap Creed lived, dom and colossus stop logan from killing him so they can interacted.

Sage: where's Creed
    Cap: screw you

Angry phoebe: I got this
    Cap crews: I ain't scared of a some kid
    Phoebe: you will be.
    She probes his mind

Logan leave to get lauras gift. It's a world best dad mug. With a message. "It's a overstatement but your trying. That means somting. Xo/x23
    Laura (aka best wolverine)" Logan is sad.

Phoebe years about the creeds but he'll Creed is in his mind and attacks
    Dom shoots Creed
    Quire ghost gives them a message(not a trap) he's on the krakoa

Logan goes after Creed alone.

Things are slowing down a bit BUT, I loved the bits with Phoebe and with Logan finding Laura’s present. Both added some emotional weight to the situation. I feel like some people will be annoyed with Aurora snapping at Logan, but it goes to show that all three of these characters are NOT dealing with their grief well. Which I think is perfectly exemplified by Logan going after Creed alone… as if that’s going stop Creed and his army from going after the base again.

Another great issue and I'm once again looking forward to the next one. I'm glad Phoebe got an important moment because I felt she was greatly underutilized when the initial attack on the base was happening. Yes she's more powerful with her sisters but she's not helpless and I wanted to see her trying to fend off the massacre at the beginning of the story. But this made up for it for me and I'm glad she briefly made contact with Quentin.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

We know this will end with Sabretooth dead decapitated by Wolverine just like before he might stay dead a couple years but somewhere along the line in the upcoming Brevoort Era he'll pop up with little to no explanation like nothing ever happened

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    We know this will end with Sabretooth dead decapitated by Wolverine just like before he might stay dead a couple years but somewhere along the line in the upcoming Brevoort Era he'll pop up with little to no explanation like nothing ever happened
    Basicly the same problem as with Joker. A villain who is bound to die sooner or later, if not by the heros hands then someone else they hurt or their own mistakes, but then has to come back because of popularity or writers being unable to get any new characters "over" in a similar role.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Another great issue and I'm once again looking forward to the next one. I'm glad Phoebe got an important moment because I felt she was greatly underutilized when the initial attack on the base was happening. Yes she's more powerful with her sisters but she's not helpless and I wanted to see her trying to fend off the massacre at the beginning of the story. But this made up for it for me and I'm glad she briefly made contact with Quentin.
    Agreed. This was dope. Liked it even more than Cable #2, which was also pretty good IMO. I’m just not feeling that story as much as this one I suppose.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    It's all about the journey, baby. This story slaps.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's all about the journey, baby. This story slaps.
    Yep. Besides, long-running IPs just aren't the place to be if you want definitive endings and meaningful consequences.

Fantastic Member

More disgusting garbage. I can't wait until Percy and his awful writing is done ruining my X.books.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I continue to enjoy this immensely. The bi-weekly publishing schedule is also a huge boon but the tight plotting, dialogues and effective art are making this one of my favourite reads in the final Krakoa stretch.

Same. And it’s got great art too which helps.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Is that blue uniformed guy with the goo arms Random?

It probably sounds strange, but Sage in „Wolverine“ is being written much better and more like her, than in X-Force.

Percy and crew are killing it on this last arc! (Pun intended). On an unrelated note I hate that adamantium is apparently unable to cut through mysterium over in the Iron Man book. The mutant metal is making adamantium and vibranium pointless.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post

It probably sounds strange, but Sage in „Wolverine“ is being written much better and more like her, than in X-Force.
    Percy's always been been more consistent on Wolverine than X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I thought it was Zero, even though he should be in the Limbo Embassy

I also noticed Maggot has made his way to the North Pole Refuge