Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wonder how a younger Capaldi would've played it. In his first season in particular his Doctor was patterned largely on other "White haired" Doctors like Hartnell and Pertwee (Although with a significant amount of the Sixth's rudeness as well, but less of the narcissism) although this gradually softened.

Kind of wonder if he'd a bit like his "Lair of the White Worm" character.

Pertwee's favorite Doctor seems to be 3 so we might've seen some of those allusions 12 had to 3's tenure pop up.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Well, one thing is for certain, no Mcgann in Big Finish and that would be a crime. His voice is perfect for Doctor Who audiodramas. I get to picture him as a badass adventurer rather than dressed in his 1996 outfit.

Knowing the Beeb, we would have more than likely ended-up with Jarvis Cocker as The Doctor...
    Formerly known as Don't pee in the (Dead)pool...

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay View Post
    Knowing the Beeb, we would have more than likely ended-up with Jarvis Cocker as The Doctor...
    Nah, even at the height of the coked-out Britpop years, Jarvis has never pursued acting. He has some pretty interesting ideas on naturalistic dialogue though - e.g. a normal person seeing an alien would say “fookin ell, look at that!”

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

This thread has reminded me that I really do think Paul McGann is one the best Doctors despite the lowest or near lowest appearances. The TV movie is so underrated.

Tom Baker, McGann, Eccleston really might be my top 3 personal favorite Doctors.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'm hoping they would change 8's look down the road.

The Dark Eyes look would've been perfect.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-04-2024 at 02:16 PM.

It's kind of interesting that both the audio and novels had storylines where he is rendered amnesiac or has his memory altered, perhaps because the TV movie-a regeneration story where the Doctor often has boughts of amnesia due to his body and brain adjusting-was his only TV adventure for a while. (Although it could be said all the Doctors now have it of their pre-Hartnell existence)-and quite dramatically too:

There were of course the rumors of an Eighth spin-off series a year ago but I don't think there's been anything since (Nor a "Tales of the Tardis" for the TV movie; I think it's rights issues are still complicated).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's kind of interesting that both the audio and novels had storylines where he is rendered amnesiac or has his memory altered, perhaps because the TV movie-a regeneration story where the Doctor often has boughts of amnesia due to his body and brain adjusting-was his only TV adventure for a while. (Although it could be said all the Doctors now have it of their pre-Hartnell existence)-and quite dramatically too:

There were of course the rumors of an Eighth spin-off series a year ago but I don't think there's been anything since (Nor a "Tales of the Tardis" for the TV movie; I think it's rights issues are still complicated).
    It became a running gag with Eight. He even loses his memory halfway through Dark Eyes 4.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-04-2024 at 04:07 PM.