Astonishing Member

Default The Beekeeper Vs Nobody

Battle of the top-tier government secret one-man army guys (played by similarly middle-aged actors Jason Statham and, of all people, Bob Odenkirk of Better Call Saul fame) who hold unassuming jobs and almost nobody knows before they kill everybody.

They start unarmed in the middle of the Arena but there's a big knife in the middle for whoever can use it.

Astonishing Member

This is the final fight in Beekeeper after he had killed or humiliated like one or two hundred guys ranging from mob hitmen to FBI agents to Secret Service guarding POTUS to special ops hired by a corrupt CIA boss to another insane Beekeeper from the same top secret agency he retired from. Keep in mind Statham's Beekeper fighting against yellow jacket dude here is not just against a guy who is not only bulkier than him, but had shrugged off him freaking shooting him in the face, and even in this fight Statham's character stabbed him in the same cheek bullet entry wound with the guy still having gas in the fight tank. And the guy is noted as having been able to kill another top secret Beekeeper operative, even if he chalked it up to good luck and losing a leg in the process, which you can see in the fight above, he has a prosthesis. And Statham's Beekeeper still killed him despite being stabbed deep in the torso, which is more than anybody else hurt him in the movie.
    Last edited by Wildling; 02-28-2024 at 11:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

This is the Nobody fight when we're led to believe he's just a middle-aged man going through a midlife crisis before he wrecks a top Russian mob lord spoiled brother guarded by his bodyguard partymen.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

This is the final fight in Beekeeper after he had killed or humiliated like one or two hundred guys ranging from mob hitmen to FBI agents to Secret Service guarding POTUS to special ops hired by a corrupt CIA boss to another insane Beekeeper from the same top secret agency he retired from. Keep in mind Statham's Beekeper fighting against yellow jacket dude here is not just against a guy who is not only bulkier than him, but had shrugged off him freaking shooting him in the face, and even in this fight Statham's character stabbed him in the same cheek bullet entry wound with the guy still having gas in the fight tank. And the guy is noted as having been able to kill another top secret Beekeeper operative, even if he chalked it up to good luck and losing a leg in the process, which you can see in the fight above, he has a prosthesis. And Statham's Beekeeper still killed him despite being stabbed deep in the torso, which is more than anybody else hurt him in the movie.
    Man, this fight is dreadful. Like, 1990's choreography - better than the 80's, but that's all.

The Nobody fight is better, frankly, choreography-wise. Realism? Maybe the same, but the choreography is better and Odenkirk is actually smoother in the fight than Statham.

Also, Odenkirk frankly has better feats just based on these two fights. He takes more hits and keeps on trucking, including being thrown through a window and falling 6' onto concrete...when already stabbed and otherwise injured. He takes more stabs and keeps on trucking. He punches people literally off their feet. He casually grabs the damaged take-hold and rips the section loose; maybe it was so badly damaged this was easy, but the character shows no hesitation in making the attempt (as if he knew he would be able to do it, while someone is loading a gun behind him) and he does it with the arm on the side he has received on of the very, very deep stab wounds.

And while Statham and his buddy are just...shoving each other against walls and doors when they manhandle each other, Odenkirk is choosing to smack heads against metal hand-holds and such. Also, his knife fighting is - for Hollywood - better. Like, by a lot. It's not fantastic, but it's at least semi-functional and smoother, and the only functional knife-fighting in The Beekeeper is the part where Statham actually gets stabbed; otherwise, the knife is there as the usual 'Haha, Knives Are For Bad People And Will Always Be Taken And Used To Kill Them' Hollywood trope and its usage is truly woeful.

Based solely off the videos, I'm giving this to Odenkirk. Not an easy fight, I'm sure, but he takes it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I mean Bone-Wolverine level regen should make him really hard to take down as long as the Bee-Keeper doesn't have access to Heavy Artillery. But the Teleporting across dimensions is the real game changer.

Yeah, I'm betting on the Alternate Universe version of me.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I mean Bone-Wolverine level regen should make him really hard to take down as long as the Bee-Keeper doesn't have access to Heavy Artillery. But the Teleporting across dimensions is the real game changer.

Yeah, I'm betting on the Alternate Universe version of me.
    He loves this joke lol

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...y-vs-john-wick

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Man, this fight is dreadful. Like, 1990's choreography - better than the 80's, but that's all.

The Nobody fight is better, frankly, choreography-wise. Realism? Maybe the same, but the choreography is better and Odenkirk is actually smoother in the fight than Statham.

Also, Odenkirk frankly has better feats just based on these two fights. He takes more hits and keeps on trucking, including being thrown through a window and falling 6' onto concrete...when already stabbed and otherwise injured. He takes more stabs and keeps on trucking. He punches people literally off their feet. He casually grabs the damaged take-hold and rips the section loose; maybe it was so badly damaged this was easy, but the character shows no hesitation in making the attempt (as if he knew he would be able to do it, while someone is loading a gun behind him) and he does it with the arm on the side he has received on of the very, very deep stab wounds.

And while Statham and his buddy are just...shoving each other against walls and doors when they manhandle each other, Odenkirk is choosing to smack heads against metal hand-holds and such. Also, his knife fighting is - for Hollywood - better. Like, by a lot. It's not fantastic, but it's at least semi-functional and smoother, and the only functional knife-fighting in The Beekeeper is the part where Statham actually gets stabbed; otherwise, the knife is there as the usual 'Haha, Knives Are For Bad People And Will Always Be Taken And Used To Kill Them' Hollywood trope and its usage is truly woeful.

Based solely off the videos, I'm giving this to Odenkirk. Not an easy fight, I'm sure, but he takes it.
    The Beekeeper video was the only one I found that I could post here.

Now the Nobody scene was definitely my favorite part of the film. He did other stuff later like killing off a commando team of heavily armed IIRC Spetsnaz assassins who invaded his home to try to kill him off. I'll see if I can find the clip.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    The Beekeeper video was the only one I found that I could post here.

Now the Nobody scene was definitely my favorite part of the film. He did other stuff later like killing off a commando team of heavily armed IIRC Spetsnaz assassins who invaded his home to try to kill him off. I'll see if I can find the clip.

So they did capture him, but he got away, including one of those cool get handcuffs off scenes. And here he was still nursing the wounds from the bus fight, you can see it in his looks. The black guy is the right hand man of the Russian kingpin brother of the spoiled kid Odenkirk's character maimed in the bus, so they weren't fooling around.