Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They should also lower prices to keep existing readers.
    There was an announcement at a con in Pittsburgh 2 weekends ago where Dan Buckley says marvel is committed to the $3.99 price point. My LCS says the prices are going back down to $3.99 on most of their books but no time frame given. It was on bleeding cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Current Marvel is not.... family friendly. The whole thing can blow up in their faces very easily. Certain characters would have to be "reset".
    When I was a kid reading comics over 30 years ago, we had Carnage writing on walls in his own blood and a supervillain murdering a baby in a stroller in Ghost Rider. I remember my parents reading some of my Punisher comics when I was a kid and then they decided those were forbidden until I was older. I remember decapitations and serial killers and Psylocke licking Cyclops' face while trying to seduce him....let's not pretend this is some new thing.

I'm not concerned with pearl-clutching hypocrites whining about characters being gay and neither is any other form of entertainment. The beliefs of bigots aren't worth consideration.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 03-10-2024 at 08:11 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    When I was a kid reading comics over 30 years ago, we had Carnage writing on walls in his own blood and a supervillain murdering a baby in a stroller in Ghost Rider. I remember my parents reading some of my Punisher comics when I was a kid and then they decided those were forbidden until I was older. I remember decapitations and serial killers and Psylocke licking Cyclops' face while trying to seduce him....let's not pretend this is some new thing.

I'm not concerned with pearl-clutching hypocrites whining about characters being gay and neither is any other form of entertainment. The beliefs of bigots aren't worth consideration.
    Lets not forget

I do remember one of the first Thor comics I got had Enchantress with Loki in bed when Thor came in and gave Loki a lecture.
    The first few pages of X-Men God Loves Man Kills that featured black children being murdered.
    Green Lantern Mosaic. John Stewart was being stabbed by little girls in the first issue.
    Green Lantern issue that featured Black Hand blowing out his brains NEXT to an ad saying mind blowing.

NOBODY is thinking about kids.

I have YET to hear about any chapter books of The Loud House being banned in schools. Clyde does have 2 dads and one of the sisters is gay.

Do we NEED to talk Manga and anime???

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Nuff said.

Lets not forget the power pack kids finding the bodies of dead kids in that story. Speaking of dead kids--

[IMG][/IMG]

Killing a baby right in the ad! That whole mini series was about demons killing kids!

Comic code they got away with stuff a bunch at times. More "pg-13" than pg at times but still could be "family" comics just with an edge.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets not forget

I do remember one of the first Thor comics I got had Enchantress with Loki in bed when Thor came in and gave Loki a lecture.
    The first few pages of X-Men God Loves Man Kills that featured black children being murdered.
    Green Lantern Mosaic. John Stewart was being stabbed by little girls in the first issue.
    Green Lantern issue that featured Black Hand blowing out his brains NEXT to an ad saying mind blowing.

NOBODY is thinking about kids.

I have YET to hear about any chapter books of The Loud House being banned in schools. Clyde does have 2 dads and one of the sisters is gay.

Do we NEED to talk Manga and anime???
    To say nothing of the "problematic" things Kitty Pryde would say not only in GLMK, but also in issues of New Mutants and Uncanny X-Men. Comic books haven't really been for kids in a very long time.
    Last edited by SturdyMike89; 03-11-2024 at 08:03 PM. Reason: screwed it up the first time

I know the scenes you mean. A black guy calls her a mutie, so she calls him the N word.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman