View Poll Results: What did you think of Gang War?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was a great event

1 1.32%
  • It was a good event

8 10.53%
  • It was an average event

5 6.58%
  • It was a mediocre event

31 40.79%
  • It was a terrible event

31 40.79%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rate Gang War

Dark Web set the bar so low, and this? This is just a step above it.

I mean Peter starts out so serious as he looks over Randy and then as soon as he gets his "team" assembled it all goes down the drain, no one respects him, he isn't really leading anything and in the end he comes out as getting manipulated by Tombstone again (maybe that wasn't the intent but to me it felt that way), the side stories also don't help, especially MJ's debut as Jackpot...good what dumpster fire that was and frankly i still can't wrap my head around why the event ends in a Daredevil book and not official with Spider-man.

I'm pedantic with polls, so I kinda figured that "good event" is a B.

The main Spider-Man arc is okay. It is one of those stories where you don't see much focus on his private life like the Tablet of Time saga. It reads quickly, but it doesn't feel padded given all the different characters at war and the impressive work of John Romita Jr, pretty much doing what he does best: superhero crime stories. There's a decent personal connection with Randy's injuries, and it builds on the Tombstone saga that's been a big part of the current run, and the earlier Spencer run.

As for tie-ins...

My favorite is probably Shang Chi. His connections to Chinatown work for a spin-off mini-series. Everyone involved seems a bit to into the Art of War, but he has interesting challenges and betrayals. It fits what I know of the character's history, and the recent film adaptation.

The Spider-Boy story is also fun.

I didn't care much for Daredevil. It's interesting to see Elektra interacting with standard superheroes, but there are set-ups to mysteries that just aren't interesting. Two of the cliffhangers are boring: instead of an interesting reveal, it's just a character getting ready for the next act.

The Luke Cage tie-in is okay, since obviously the mayor will be busy. It makes sense to use Alistar Smythe as a bad guy to make this seem more important to Spider-Man fans. I don't like his new costume, especially if the idea is he's supposed to disguise himself to get around anti-vigilante laws.

Spider-Woman has a compelling challenge. It connects to her Hydra roots and appearance in End of Spider-Verse.

The Miles Morales issues are fine. It seems obvious they want to make it accessible to new readers in the hopes they stick around post-Gang War, although a lot of the dynamic is based on Miles yelling at Peter for ghosting him in First Strike, which is more about how Marvel didn't have a consistent approach to Peter and Miles in the same city.

I like that Jackpot's in a better mood, but I still don't like MJ as a superhero.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm pedantic with polls, so I kinda figured that "good event" is a B.

The main Spider-Man arc is okay. It is one of those stories where you don't see much focus on his private life like the Tablet of Time saga. It reads quickly, but it doesn't feel padded given all the different characters at war and the impressive work of John Romita Jr, pretty much doing what he does best: superhero crime stories. There's a decent personal connection with Randy's injuries, and it builds on the Tombstone saga that's been a big part of the current run, and the earlier Spencer run.

As for tie-ins...

My favorite is probably Shang Chi. His connections to Chinatown work for a spin-off mini-series. Everyone involved seems a bit to into the Art of War, but he has interesting challenges and betrayals. It fits what I know of the character's history, and the recent film adaptation.

The Spider-Boy story is also fun.

I didn't care much for Daredevil. It's interesting to see Elektra interacting with standard superheroes, but there are set-ups to mysteries that just aren't interesting. Two of the cliffhangers are boring: instead of an interesting reveal, it's just a character getting ready for the next act.

The Luke Cage tie-in is okay, since obviously the mayor will be busy. It makes sense to use Alistar Smythe as a bad guy to make this seem more important to Spider-Man fans. I don't like his new costume, especially if the idea is he's supposed to disguise himself to get around anti-vigilante laws.

Spider-Woman has a compelling challenge. It connects to her Hydra roots and appearance in End of Spider-Verse.

The Miles Morales issues are fine. It seems obvious they want to make it accessible to new readers in the hopes they stick around post-Gang War, although a lot of the dynamic is based on Miles yelling at Peter for ghosting him in First Strike, which is more about how Marvel didn't have a consistent approach to Peter and Miles in the same city.

I like that Jackpot's in a better mood, but I still don't like MJ as a superhero.
    Peter barely has a private life as is. Not that his Superhero life was in focus because he was barely relevant to the main story.

I think the Jackpot tie-in was probably the weakest.