Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think this might make for a disappointing "Ultimate X-Men" but be a fun comicbook nonetheless.

It's interesting how, while having some huge differences from the original Ultimate versions as well as their 616 counterparts, the Avengers/Ultimates and Spider-Man are still recognisably those, while X-Men truly went in a completely different direction. I wonder if it was done not to compete with the upcoming 616 relaunch or what. Anyway, I hope this is good and I will certainly give it a try next week.

Its a no for me as well because although she has beautiful art its not my style and I am really curious with how this is going to fit into the line.

I feel like she needed her own universe (which she has) but whoever comes after her is gonna be screwed because its gonna be so Momokoverse esque.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I've loved the UU books so far so I'm deciding to at least give this first issue a shot but it's going to be a uphill battle.
    My thoughts exactly.

Astonishing Member

I like it.

Should add Idol and Joshi wrestler mutants to the lineup.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

I will buy it for the art alone. I like Hisako/Armor so it won't be torture reading it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think this might make for a disappointing "Ultimate X-Men" but be a fun comicbook nonetheless.

It's interesting how, while having some huge differences from the original Ultimate versions as well as their 616 counterparts, the Avengers/Ultimates and Spider-Man are still recognisably those, while X-Men truly went in a completely different direction. I wonder if it was done not to compete with the upcoming 616 relaunch or what. Anyway, I hope this is good and I will certainly give it a try next week.
    A more honest name might have been "Ultimate X-men - Armor".

Making it clear that it's more like a prelude mini series or part of multiple which build towards the formation of the NUU version of the team proper.

As for avoiding similarities. That's a valid point to speculate about.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    A more honest name might have been "Ultimate X-men - Armor".

Making it clear that it's more like a prelude mini series or part of multiple which build towards the formation of the NUU version of the team proper.

As for avoiding similarities. That's a valid point to speculate about.
    I personally would have gone with something like "Ultimate Mutants", although I can understand why they would want to use the X-Men name.

I’m picking this up, however I agree the title should have been something like Ultimate X-Men: Armor or something like that. I could be way off base though after a few issues, but based on interviews Peach has done I don’t think this will be in the vain of a traditional X-Men team book.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's a pass for me- there was a very clear and innovative thing they could do with the X-Men in this universe: What do the X-Men look like in a world where Xavier and Magneto don't exist, and many mutants are elites and oppressors. But instead they are an afterthought focused on Armor of all characters