Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

yasss, yana, yaaaaaaaaaaaasssss!!

Extraordinary Member

And it looks like we're just pretending Realm of X never happened even though the issue seems to open with a direct reference to the fact that she was off-world until 'now.'

Fun preview for Magik fans. I wish Iceman got welcomed return.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I love Magik but can't stand Kitty. What a dilemma I have....
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Although I am vexed by the whole teleportation conundrum, I very much appreciate the colorist's tonal palette, distinguishing between yellows.

I would have awarded bonus points if Crud had been Crumbs.

Ahhh, my Illyana. One of my 3 favs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Although I am vexed by the whole teleportation conundrum, I very much appreciate the colorist's tonal palette, distinguishing between yellows.

I would have awarded bonus points if Crud had been Crumbs.
    It's not the teleportation that I'm bothered by. That wasn't solved in Realm of X. It's that she just had this whole adventure where she came to terms with her identity as a sorceress, and instead of building on that or from that they go back to pretending that she's not a trained sorceress who learned under Dr Strange. If things are serious and she's not holding back anymore, the first thing she should be doing at this point is casting actual spells. It's not like Real of X was that good, but it was truly nothing but a waste of everyone's time and money if this is how she's written immediately after it.

The fall has died down and dragging to the finish line, You think they have someone else as the artist. I like Noto but his style isn't for this book IMO
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Extraordinary Member

I am looking to stay positive, so at least this is one more issue until it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's not the teleportation that I'm bothered by. That wasn't solved in Realm of X. It's that she just had this whole adventure where she came to terms with her identity as a sorceress, and instead of building on that or from that they go back to pretending that she's not a trained sorceress who learned under Dr Strange. If things are serious and she's not holding back anymore, the first thing she should be doing at this point is casting actual spells. It's not like Real of X was that good, but it was truly nothing but a waste of everyone's time and money if this is how she's written immediately after it.
    Based on the whole Kurt conversation from a couple weeks ago, I think it’s apparent that Duggan didn’t read those FoX minis before he started writing this final arc.

This is kinda rough. Oof.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Based on the whole Kurt conversation from a couple weeks ago, I think it’s apparent that Duggan didn’t read those FoX minis before he started writing this final arc.
    Hopefully the issue and the reunion with Kitty will overcome the lack of continuity with the previous story. It's probably for the best I saw this preview now and got my initial disappointment out of the way nearly a week before the issue comes out so I can reset my expectations and be better prepared to enjoy the issue on its own terms if it turns out to be good despite my current gripes.

Mighty Member

The continuity is wonky. She got her magic back at the end of that series and now she doesn't have it? I am confused.

Welcome back Yana glad to have you home.