Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Crow (2024)

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    the movie is not called "The Crow: The Remake" people call it a remake because the comic has already been adapted to film before. look at batman movies, was batman begins a "remake" of batman from 89?? or was the batman a "remake" of batman begins?? same with the spider-man movies. every time those franchise restart the movies aren't remakes of the movies that came before, they're new adaptations of the comics.

things the new movie has in common with the comics
    couple is murdered
    man comes back from the dead via the crow
    man is guided by crow
    man puts paint on face
    man seeks revenge
    man gets revenge
    man finds peace and reunites with woman in death

why does he need to change his name?? all of that stuff is true to the character.
    I'd just rather a new story/Crow if it's not a remake like I was saying your list is every other crow movie as well.

The problem is people reject Off-Brand Eric (the protagonists of the Crow sequels), so they're kinda stuck using Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The Crow is actually many different people not just 1 guy eatch with their own story
    Like you said in your other comment, it's simply what you prefer, but that's all. It doesn't make this movie wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Like you said in your other comment, it's simply what you prefer, but that's all. It doesn't make this movie wrong.
    I didn't say it was wrong I haven't seen the movie it may be great just saying if the story is going to be different just use a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The problem is people reject Off-Brand Eric (the protagonists of the Crow sequels), so they're kinda stuck using Eric.
    Not really people thought at least 2 of the 3 sequels were OK if people dislike them it's not because the crow isn't Eric.

The Crow is actually many different people not just 1 guy eatch with their own story
    I'd just rather a new story/Crow if it's not a remake like I was saying your list is every other crow movie as well.
    which is it??

and off the top of my head and w/o seeing any of the crow sequels at least one was a man and his son getting murdered.

not trying to tell you what you should prefer but if all the basic elements of eric are there i see no reason to change his name.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    which is it??

and off the top of my head and w/o seeing any of the crow sequels at least one was a man and his son getting murdered.

not trying to tell you what you should prefer but if all the basic elements of eric are there i see no reason to change his name.
    It's both I guess I mean the basics of the Crow is he is a agent of vengeance ether for himself a loved one or both that happens in all 4 movies but it's not the same every time because it's different people in different ways.

I respect your opinion.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Lionsgate announced today that The Crow and SAW 11 have been delayed. The Crow has been shot but given the overall negative reaction from fans the film seems destined to bomb.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Delayed 51 days (from June 7 to August 23) but still coming out this year. Saw 11 is coming out next year at roughly the same time it would have come out this year (September 26th 2025 instead of September 27th 2024).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Delayed 51 days (from June 7 to August 23) but still coming out this year. Saw 11 is coming out next year at roughly the same time it would have come out this year (September 26th 2025 instead of September 27th 2024).
    You know a studio isn't confident in a movie when they're afraid of losing audiences to Bad Boys 4
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    You know a studio isn't confident in a movie when they're afraid of losing audiences to Bad Boys 4
    What? The Last movie made almost 500 million it is a very successful series.

What? The Last movie made almost 500 million it is a very successful series.
    The Crow doing those numbers or nah?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them