Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Crow (2024)

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On paper?

I get what it seems like they are doing.

Take the basic premise, and rework it with "Now..." in mind. Not really all that different from adapting the source a second time in The Thing.

I'm just not sure that putting more of the focus on Shelly/Eric before it all goes wrong will make up for what looks like potential shortcomings everywhere else.

The upside is that they do have Huston. If he turns in a performance half as good as The Proposition? Potential game changer.
    The other thing that worries me is the brightness of this movie vs the dark gothic themes from both the graphic novel and the OG movie. I mean the OG was beautiful to watch and haunting at times, but here it seems like there is too much light.

As for too much time focusing on the two, i think that they can't pull off what they did in the OG where the tragedy has occurred and over the course of the movie we see snippets of Eric and Shelly lives together as Eric is on his quest to set things right before he is reunited.

Also did anyone else get the impression that they are making so that Eric needs to go through all this because something is going to happen to her soul? There is a part of the trailer where they show her underwater that gives me that impression and and if that is true i am not really a fan of it, again my bias towards the OG is acting up because at the ending where her soul comes to him once all is said and done really hit me in the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What are you talking about? The original looks and is great...
    I credit Brandon Lee for that, he really made that character his with the way he performed the role, which makes what happened to him so tragic.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The comments section is beautiful that Lionsgate posted the trailer. People are busy discussing how great Brandon Lee was. Quoting lines from the original. Its failed so much …it’s made people want the original film more.

There are comments mocking Florida Joker and Machine Gun Kelly for this one. Lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Just my opinion, but I think the comparison is saying that a "goth rockstar" back then was still cooler than what a MGK-type means today, not that he should still be a goth rocker in 2024. But ymmv and yeah - it's just a first impression. We'll see what they do with it.

Proyas should also be a bit more gracious about another director's vision rather than crap all over something based on an image. Just makes him sound petty. If they had copied the look of his movie, would he have crapped on it for being unoriginal?
    was it really though?? i think so, but i'm almost 46yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The violence is looking great. I still don't like Eric's look but I can get over it.
    agreed, eric's look doesn't really bother me though

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...who is this for i ask? Not fans of the Brandon Lee movie, which i feel still holds up to this day.

I mean i saw a poster of the dudes face...the tatoos and black make up on his natural skin is all over the place and just lacks what Brandon's simple yet effective white and black make up, there was something elegant about what they did Brandon over what they did with Bill that is just a mess.

Also is there a Sarah character in this?
    perhaps fans of the comics. there's a lot of ways to interpret the comics that won't be very faithful to the movie yet can still be good.

he doesn't always have the white paint, i think in the comic he just became really pale from being dead. i wouldn't be surprised if he does put on the white paint at some point in the movie not shown in the trailer.

As far as the face paint goes...

It feels like it is more along the lines of Iris in The Crow: Flesh And Blood, but they just didn't go the whole nine yards.

What I notice from images of the comics. Is that his hair is wild and unkempt. Bill Skarsgård's Crow's hair is short, neat, and greasy.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The look doesn't bother me. What bothers me or is that it looks like they''re making their deaths part of some bigger plan beacuse the girl 'saw something she shouldn't have'. The randomness of their deaths is an essential part of the story's heart, IMO.

Extraordinary Member

I credit Brandon Lee for that, he really made that character his with the way he performed the role, which makes what happened to him so tragic.
    God what a tragedy that was. Brandon Lee was great, and he did completely make that movie. I may also recommend that one he did with Dolph Lungren.

My problem is this doesn't look like it follows the original story at all I mean is Danny Huston supposed to be Top Dollar? Why didn't they make this a original crow story not a remake.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    ...he doesn't always have the white paint, i think in the comic he just became really pale from being dead. i wouldn't be surprised if he does put on the white paint at some point in the movie not shown in the trailer.

I think most people think of the interior art, which was a black and white comic. Then the Proyas/Lee movie gave him white facepaint which sealed the deal in terms of how most people envision the character.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Looks horrible
    ^^^Looks like a warmed over butt sandwich.

Maybe they should’ve gone w. Mamoa after all, get that ‘so bad it’s good’ thing going.

That was... graphic. Was this a redband trailer?

I doubt this will equal the original. Not just because of Brandon Lee's legacy. The original was violent, but not graphically so. It hammered home the love Eric and Shelley had for each other. I don't really get that from this one. Its more hollywood love, which is just two attractive people banging.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    God what a tragedy that was. Brandon Lee was great, and he did completely make that movie. I may also recommend that one he did with Dolph Lungren.
    What was the name of that movie? I watched a long time ago but forgot its name, i know the head bad guy in it was the actor who played Shang Tsung in the OG MK movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    That was... graphic. Was this a redband trailer?

I doubt this will equal the original. Not just because of Brandon Lee's legacy. The original was violent, but not graphically so. It hammered home the love Eric and Shelley had for each other. I don't really get that from this one. Its more hollywood love, which is just two attractive people banging.
    I think the reason for that is for the normies who never watched the original movie, hence why we are seeing more of the two before they are killed and he comes back as a means to explain why his love for her was so strong he comes back to avenge her.

What was the name of that movie? I watched a long time ago but forgot its name, i know the head bad guy in it was the actor who played Shang Tsung in the OG MK movie.
    I believe that the two of you are discussing Showdown In Little Tokyo.