Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Crow (2024)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    LOL, I wasn’t ready for this, I just screamed.

They should rename it The Crow Capo Status.
    Haha no doubt. "I really mean it!"

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Has any Crow remake ever been good? This doesn't look particularly worse than the priors. The pink outfits are confusing tho. Are they down with dipset? Computers, computin....
    Up until now?

None of them have been remakes.

One sequel, and a bunch of "In Universe..." films.

Past that?

I actively doubt that this film's Eric will even be as fleshed out as Furlong's Jimmy. Jimmy was almost a character than you could feel for in a lousy film.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is a rare case where you wish Warner Bros made this one. So they could take a lighter to the film negatives so we never saw it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Up until now?

None of them have been remakes.

One sequel, and a bunch of "In Universe..." films.

Past that?

I actively doubt that this film's Eric will even be as fleshed out as Furlong's Jimmy. Jimmy was almost a character than you could feel for in a lousy film.
    Wasn't there a TV show that started as a remake?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    yeah it remade the movie and changed some things. Including, hilariously, Eric can't kill or else the person he kills become a Snake, the evil counterpart to a Crow.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Stairway to Heaven with Mark Dacacos and it was quite good actually.

No issue with the Crow movie, as the sequels showed, someone else can be the Crow. The problem the sequels had was that they were just garbage.

Didn't need to rehash Eric/Shelly, that's just inviting negativity IMHO, just do another person, another tragic scenario and just make a better movie.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    But it doesn't look like it's adapted from the comic at all it it looks like everything else is original.
    really?? i saw a guy and his girlfriend get murdered, the guy come back from the dead to seek revenge guided by a crow. that sounds an awful lot like the comic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Didn't need to rehash Eric/Shelly, that's just inviting negativity IMHO, just do another person, another tragic scenario and just make a better movie.
    If they insist on redoing Eric and Shelly, just have Shelly be the one who comes back for revenge - you'd think she'd be the one most interested in getting some payback. (I'm sure a certain crowd would cry "Woke Crow" or something)

Alex Proyas has been saying they shouldn't remake it because of Lee? I only read the headline, but I think these remakes/reboots just remind everyone how great that first one was and how great Lee was in it. Otherwise, nobody'd be talking about it.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-20-2024 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    really?? i saw a guy and his girlfriend get murdered, the guy come back from the dead to seek revenge guided by a crow. that sounds an awful lot like the comic to me.
    it also sounds like a lot of other movies comics games etc it also sounds like the other 3 crow movies what it doesn't sound like ( Besides a crow being init and a girl beingkilled) is the 1st crow movie or the original comic its based on....

it also sounds like a lot of other movies comics games etc it also sounds like the other 3 crow movies what it doesn't sound like ( Besides a crow being init and a girl beingkilled) is the 1st crow movie or the original comic its based on....
    have you read the comic?? all the key elements are there. if i'm missing something please fill me in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    have you read the comic?? all the key elements are there. if i'm missing something please fill me in.
    The plot seems different than the comics or movie is what I'm saying the only similar thing is guy and girl girl are killed and comes back to life something like that happens in all 4 movie so if that's the only thing it has in common why call it a remake? I don't think the average person even knows the crows real name so it wouldn't matter.

The plot isn't so much what people remember about the original as much as the mood and the visual. The original Crow was bleak, but it was very stark and bold with strong artistic elements.

The new movie feels a lot more grungy and messy with none of the soul or feeling the first one had.

The plot seems different than the comics or movie is what I'm saying the only similar thing is guy and girl girl are killed and comes back to life something like that happens in all 4 movie so if that's the only thing it has in common why call it a remake? I don't think the average person even knows the crows real name so it wouldn't matter.
    the movie is not called "The Crow: The Remake" people call it a remake because the comic has already been adapted to film before. look at batman movies, was batman begins a "remake" of batman from 89?? or was the batman a "remake" of batman begins?? same with the spider-man movies. every time those franchise restart the movies aren't remakes of the movies that came before, they're new adaptations of the comics.

things the new movie has in common with the comics
    couple is murdered
    man comes back from the dead via the crow
    man is guided by crow
    man puts paint on face
    man seeks revenge
    man gets revenge
    man finds peace and reunites with woman in death

why does he need to change his name?? all of that stuff is true to the character.

Why does it have to? "The Crow" isn't just the one story - it's the character. And a comic book character at that. Comic book movies don't have to adapt a particular story - they just adapt the basic premise and the character's looks/powers or origin. (usually, though not always)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Why does it have to? "The Crow" isn't just the one story - it's the character. And a comic book character at that. Comic book movies don't have to adapt a particular story - they just adapt the basic premise and the character's looks/powers or origin. (usually, though not always)
    The Crow is actually many different people not just 1 guy eatch with their own story