Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Crow (2024)

Default The crow remake

Looks like john wick with powers.

Looks horrible

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Looks horrible
    So it's a faithful adaptation of the original?

Looks like one of those Sony Spider-Man spinoffs.

I'll wait for it to come on streaming.

Looks pretty good given what franchise it is. That song they used for the trailer was so corny though
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Looks like utter dog crap. Brandon Lee’s film remains untouchable.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The violence is looking great. I still don't like Eric's look but I can get over it.

Extraordinary Member

I just liked Brandon Lee. He gave me a reason to like Eric and care about his fate. Not to mention his look was so much better.

Fantastic Member

Not impressed with this trailer. The level of violence and the lighting work for me though. I also think the cast might be alright too. I was getting Morbius and Bloodshot vibes when looking at it. It feels like many of the smaller superhero/comic book movies are sort of going back to the Aughts in their storytelling and quality.

...who is this for i ask? Not fans of the Brandon Lee movie, which i feel still holds up to this day.

I mean i saw a poster of the dudes face...the tatoos and black make up on his natural skin is all over the place and just lacks what Brandon's simple yet effective white and black make up, there was something elegant about what they did Brandon over what they did with Bill that is just a mess.

Also is there a Sarah character in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    ...who is this for i ask? Not fans of the Brandon Lee movie, which i feel still holds up to this day.

I mean i saw a poster of the dudes face...the tatoos and black make up on his natural skin is all over the place and just lacks what Brandon's simple yet effective white and black make up, there was something elegant about what they did Brandon over what they did with Bill that is just a mess.

Also is there a Sarah character in this?
    On paper?

I get what it seems like they are doing.

Take the basic premise, and rework it with "Now..." in mind. Not really all that different from adapting the source a second time in The Thing.

I'm just not sure that putting more of the focus on Shelly/Eric before it all goes wrong will make up for what looks like potential shortcomings everywhere else.

The upside is that they do have Huston. If he turns in a performance half as good as The Proposition? Potential game changer.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

This trailer feels so European. It seems more like a Transporter sequel than a Crow remake. It's just too bright.

It also feels so this current year to take it out of Detroit and make the killers a bunch old rich people. Top Dollar, T-bird, Tin-tin, and Fun boy were gutter freak bastards, and they were awesome for it. Who are these unmemorable new guys?

FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    From what I remember the TV show tuned down the violence and use of drugs. It also made Eric more of a standard superhero with a secret identity and a no kill code (lmao). For what it was, it was alright
    It was super Canadian. Eric's job went from avenging his murder to "Protecting the innocent." He also had to unravel a greater mystery surrounding his death and show the ropes to a rookie female Crow. But above all else, he mustn't kill, otherwise his enemies will rise and become Snakes. (Snakes were the Sinestro corps version of Crows.)

It was so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    So it's a faithful adaptation of the original?
    What are you talking about? The original looks and is great...