Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Muppets Take Manhattan, but the Muppets eat people.

National Lampoon's Vacation, but Clark is really Chevy Chase just being himself.

Police Academy where it's basically an origin story for Maniac Cop type character with Tackleberry being the Maniac Cop. He begins by killing off members of his class who he feels don't deserve to be cops and then begins to murder suspects after he graduates.

Extraordinary Member

I know this is tacky - and I love the show - but how about The Cosby Show?

Extraordinary Member

Key and Peele did a pretty funny skit on this. Using Family Matters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I know this is tacky - and I love the show - but how about The Cosby Show?
    Well, this scene is a little uncomfortable now knowing what we know.

Edit: Wow its age restricted now due to Cosby. It's a scene from the show where Cliff's talking about his homemade Barbecue Sauce and how it puts people in the mood, he even has some on the nightstand he tells Claire.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-03-2024 at 08:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well, this scene is a little uncomfortable now knowing what we know.

Edit: Wow its age restricted now due to Cosby. It's a scene from the show where Cliff's talking about his homemade Barbecue Sauce and how it puts people in the mood, he even has some on the nightstand he tells Claire.
    Yeah, they don't even allow reruns of that episode on the all too few channels that show Cosby reruns.

Sad because it's one of the best episodes of the final two seasons.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

If we’re doing TV shows, I think of 60’s comedies like …
    - Petticoat Junction. Mother and three beautiful daughters at an almost inaccessible Inn that attracts lonely male guests? Has horror movie vibes all over the place.
    - Gilligan’s Island with the titular character being the, perhaps supernatural, cause of everything as he keeps them from escaping.
    - Any of the magic character comedies, like My Favorite Martian, Bewitched (which they’re already looking to remake as a drama), Jeannie.
    - The Beverly Hillbillies with the cannibal Clampetts tearing through the wealthy community.

A lot of them have twistable premises.

Boisterously Confused

Bringing Up Baby. Hepburn's eccentric character dotes upon her human-eating leopard, whist Grant's Ivy Tower nerd is just trying to get his bone back and prevent a scandal from derailing his research funding.

His Girl Friday. Grant is trying to win Russell back from Bellamy, but is actively accelerating the execution of the condemned prisoner, knowing his blood-thirsty love can't resist a gory story. The goodhearted Bellamy, meanwhile, helplessly watches his fiancee slowly reveal the sadist she truly is.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 03-04-2024 at 02:36 PM.

Family Matters for sure. After Urkel kills someone - he would just say "Did I do that?" and just laugh evilly.