Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Poison Ivy vs Swarm

Poison Ivy vs Swarm

From marvel? Isn't he a bunch of bees or something what's she supposed to do to him?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    From marvel? Isn't he a bunch of bees or something what's she supposed to do to him?
    Grow plants with irresistible but deadly pollen?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member

Kill the bees probably.

It's not like he's like Sandman or Hydro-man. If she destroys his component parts she can beat him.

Pulling that off is going to be a challenge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Kill the bees probably.

It's not like he's like Sandman or Hydro-man. If she destroys his component parts she can beat him.

Pulling that off is going to be a challenge though.
    He's made of 100s of bees he can hurt spiderman I don't see this ending good for Ivy

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Grow plants with irresistible but deadly pollen?
    If she had prep time sure but she's not growing anything on the spot that can kill that many super bees at 1 time.

Fantastic Member

If she had prep time sure but she's not growing anything on the spot that can kill that many super bees at 1 time.
    Doesn't need to kill them, though. Just needs to put them to sleep. Smoke could work in a pinch. I would be very surprised if the stings from bee affect her. I would expect her to be immune.

It's tricky, because Poison Ivy SHOULD know enough to grow the right plant on the spot to neutralize Swarm. But, by feats, she always grow giant venus-flytraps and vines, which doesn't work against Swarm.

It's Swarm by KO-Punch. In my head, Poison Ivy should win this 9 out of 10, but I don't see the right feats for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Doesn't need to kill them, though. Just needs to put them to sleep. Smoke could work in a pinch. I would be very surprised if the stings from bee affect her. I would expect her to be immune.

It's tricky, because Poison Ivy SHOULD know enough to grow the right plant on the spot to neutralize Swarm. But, by feats, she always grow giant venus-flytraps and vines, which doesn't work against Swarm.

It's Swarm by KO-Punch. In my head, Poison Ivy should win this 9 out of 10, but I don't see the right feats for her.
    The stings hurt spiderman they can definitely hurt Ivy

Spectacular Member

Poison Ivy has immunity to toxins, though. Getting stung by Swarm won't be pleasant, but unless his bees have super bee strength or some kind of super venom, they aren't going to kill her before she has a chance to try something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Poison Ivy has immunity to toxins, though. Getting stung by Swarm won't be pleasant, but unless his bees have super bee strength or some kind of super venom, they aren't going to kill her before she has a chance to try something.
    Don't they? They hurt spiderman

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

WHy not? Venus flytraps eat bugs in real life, so a giant fly-trap should be able to eat LOTS of bugs in a bite.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Swam can call in a lot of bees. A lot. Over running the city amounts of bees. Those bees can build honeycombs so fast and so thick Hercules has a hard time break through them. Besides Spider-man, we've also seen Hank Pym in giant man form being completely overtaken and stung by bees.

He also doesn't seem to mind sending swarms of bees of kamikaze missions. He's use bees to clog up the engines on aircraft to crash them. Also, with enough bees, he's managed to go Kaiju sized. While I haven't seen him do it with super people, he's completely engulfed people in bees.

Another big advantage he has is that Ivy has a big meaty physical body. With Swarm, as long as ONE of his many bees is there he can keep going.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Swam can call in a lot of bees. A lot. Over running the city amounts of bees. Those bees can build honeycombs so fast and so thick Hercules has a hard time break through them. Besides Spider-man, we've also seen Hank Pym in giant man form being completely overtaken and stung by bees.

He also doesn't seem to mind sending swarms of bees of kamikaze missions. He's use bees to clog up the engines on aircraft to crash them. Also, with enough bees, he's managed to go Kaiju sized. While I haven't seen him do it with super people, he's completely engulfed people in bees.

Another big advantage he has is that Ivy has a big meaty physical body. With Swarm, as long as ONE of his many bees is there he can keep going.
    Note: In Batgirl and the Birds of Prey 12-13, Poison Ivy gained control of a company that specialized in fertilizers that killed bee populations. She has the technology and knowhow to take out the bees long-term.

Remember, her body emits pheromones'. Swarm has NO guarantee with time, she can change her scent so that the bees don't attack her. Also, the toxin from the stings aren't affecting her. If she can shrug off Joker Toxin, she is ignoring bee toxin. Combine that, with her ability to change the landscape to her advantage, any long-term battle favors her.

Swarm can blitz her. Win via physical knockout. Still the most probable way of victory. But Swarm doesn't want to give a genius bloodlusted eco-terrorist ANY time to think and plan. She probably knows bees better than he does.

Note: In Batgirl and the Birds of Prey 12-13, Poison Ivy gained control of a company that specialized in fertilizers that killed bee populations. She has the technology and knowhow to take out the bees long-term.
    Oh? Do we want to bring technology into this? Swam has made robot bees that have stood up to Hercules.

Remember, her body emits pheromones'. Swarm has NO guarantee with time, she can change her scent so that the bees don't attack her.
    If they were normal bees, that might mean something, but they are bees directly under Swarm's control. He says sting something they'll sting it.

Also, the toxin from the stings aren't affecting her. If she can shrug off Joker Toxin, she is ignoring bee toxin.
    I'm pretty sure that if over a million bees sting you, you're going to be in bad shape even if you're immune to their toxin. And that's assuming they don't go for the eyes, go down her throat, or or simply trap her in honey.

Swarm can blitz her. Win via physical knockout. Still the most probable way of victory. But Swarm doesn't want to give a genius bloodlusted eco-terrorist ANY time to think and plan. She probably knows bees better than he does.
    Genius blood-lusted eco-terrorist? Is that somehow supposed to be impressive to one of the Nazi's top mad scientists, an expert in toxicology, the study of bees, and robotics.

Also, one time Squirrel Girl tried to beat him off panel, and it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Also, one time Squirrel Girl tried to beat him off panel, and it didn't work.
    Just to touch on this, off panel fights are not feats and cannot be used as such.