Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm here for Jane Howlett.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    First AoA Wolverine calls EX Wolverine 'f-a-t-s-o', body-shaming him like he's in an old episode of Cannon...

Then we get a completely random lecture on pronoun usage from EX Wolverine, and Jane tells us how non-binaries have existed throughout the ages, and were considered so commonplace as to be 'hardly unusual' in 1909 on her Earth?

Gage seems to be trying to deliberately separate the Wolverines into woke/non-woke subgroups. That is certainly... a choice. Wonder how he will align OML and Zomberine?
    OML is surprisingly super woke. Or at least tolerant. He’s less Clint Eastwood “get off my lawn” (that’s Earth X Logan) and more “I’ve seen what happens when we tear each apart rather than come together to combat evil.”

And, yes, I just made all that **** up as my own head canon, but it makes sense to me. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

im up to to the restored earth 295.

that world deserved a happy ending.

I'll check it out as a Wolverine fan, but this preview did not give me a lot to be excited about.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    OML is surprisingly super woke. Or at least tolerant. He’s less Clint Eastwood “get off my lawn” (that’s Earth X Logan) and more “I’ve seen what happens when we tear each apart rather than come together to combat evil.”

And, yes, I just made all that **** up as my own head canon, but it makes sense to me. Ha.
    I don't know, he wasn't too tolerant of the Hulk gang and there choice of lifestyle lol (just kidding, they were horrible people)
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yeah, he gets a pass on that one.

Lol. After whatever Phoenix did to arrest his hunger, I'm expecting Zomberine to go Vegan.

'I wont eat anything with a face, never again, especially when it is someone's face.'

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't know, he wasn't too tolerant of the Hulk gang and there choice of lifestyle lol (just kidding, they were horrible people)
    Some fans weren't too tolerant of that, either, especially when they at first thought it was a possible future of the 616.

'Our Bruce Banner engaging in human cannibalism and incest!? That might be fine for the Ultimate Universe, but not the 616!"

Not sure it was exactly a great idea for them to do that in the Ultimate Universe, either...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Lol. After whatever Phoenix did to arrest his hunger, I'm expecting Zomberine to go Vegan.

'I wont eat anything with a face, never again, especially when it is someone's face.'

Some fans weren't too tolerant of that, either, especially when they at first thought it was a possible future of the 616.

'Our Bruce Banner engaging in human cannibalism and incest!? That might be fine for the Ultimate Universe, but not the 616!"

Not sure it was exactly a great idea for them to do that in the Ultimate Universe, either...
    I honestly don't think that it was fine for the Ultimate Universe either. Mark Miller clearly hated Marvel superheroes.

I think it was more of a deconstructionist take to be honest. It's not that he hated Marvel superheroes per se, but rather that he has a generally low opinion of humanity and human nature. So, in asking the question, "What would people really do if they had these incredible powers?"... the answer was often some pretty deplorable things.

In looking at the state of the world right now, it's hard to argue that he's entirely wrong. But maybe that's just me.

I think it was more of a deconstructionist take to be honest. It's not that he hated Marvel superheroes per se, but rather that he has a generally low opinion of humanity and human nature. So, in asking the question, "What would people really do if they had these incredible powers?"... the answer was often some pretty deplorable things.

In looking at the state of the world right now, it's hard to argue that he's entirely wrong. But maybe that's just me.
    Back in the day I was initially blown away by books like The Authority, before I quickly grew tired of 'the heroes are awful but the villains are even worse'. It was fine for what it was but then Marvel and DC, but mostly Marvel, kept wanting to emulate that in some form. I feel like it pretty much doomed the Ultimate Universe in some way almost from the start.

I remember Bendis saying in an interview that he felt Mark Millar was a nihilist. That Millar didn't think he was but that he was.

I turn on the news and I feel like I'm watching the end of civilization. I don't mind a story about that, but I want the heroes to be fighting against it, not being a contributing part of it.

Anyone else remember the that stint in time when Wolverine was in basically every X-Book and in like 2-3 Avengers title?

Seeing 5 Wolverines in 1 title makes me want to stay away from the title just on principal that it might happen again lol
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Well he might do it or just have many minis as this year is the 50th anniversary lol. I don't like some of the woke dialogue and a completely au story seams Pointless imo from Jean to logan to onslaught being AU. But I'm getting it as I'm a sucker for Logan especially his 50th year lol
    X-Men Forever