Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default The Marvel/DC multiverse crossover you want

If you could pick any person or team from the DC multiverse to team up with any person or team from Marvel's multiverse, who would it be? My choice would be the Age of Apocalypse X-Men & Kingdom Come's Justice Battalion
    Last edited by Captain Britain of Earth 20; 03-01-2024 at 07:04 AM.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I can't call it an event necessarily, but I think it would be cool if Marvel and DC each put out a regular team-up comic in the same formats as Marvel Team-Up and DC Comics Presents. The titles would be updated to reflect both companies: Marvel & DC Team-Up and DC & Marvel Comics Present. To keep things simple for current and future writers, all stories would occur outside canon. In fact, the team-ups can occur with any version of the character in any timestream.

Marvel & DC Team-Up would feature a Marvel character teaming up with a DC character in a story that occurs in the Marvel Universe. The issues would be something like...

1. Spider-Man & Shazam
    2. Wolverine & Lobo
    3. Miles Morales & The New Teen Titans (Yep, a time displaced story featuring the Wolfman & Perez team)
    4. Thing & Metamorpho
    5. Doctor Strange & Etrigan
    6. Hulk meets Solomon Grundy
    7. The Falcon & Green Arrow

Etc.

DC & Marvel Comics Present would feature a DC character teaming up with a Marvel character in a story that occurs in the DC Universe. The featured characters could be something like...

1. Superman & Doctor Doom
    2. Batman & Ghost Rider
    3. Batgirl & Gwen Stacy
    4. Wonder Woman & Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    5. Power Girl & She-Hulk
    6. Nightwing & Daredevil
    7. The Joker & Bullseye

Etc., etc.

With each company having so many great characters, you could spend countless hours coming up with team-ups.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

The Squadron Supreme and The Justice League.
    Captain Universe/Green Lantern
    Spider-Girl meets Batman Beyond
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Wolverine and Jonah Hex in the 19th century

Astonishing Member

Talent Exchange wherein 10 to 12 Marvel Super heroes and Villains are trapped on the Dc Universe and Vice Versa.

Something like this, just for the laughs:
    1593813805546.jpg
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

X-Men and the Legion of Super-Heroes -- based on the 70s or even 80s teams. X-Men were originally supposed to team with the Legion. To me, that grouping made a lot of sense -- and Dave Cockrum who designed character/costumes for both series was going to draw it. He dropped out of the project when DC decide to use the Teen Titans instead. I understand their thinking -- as New Teen Titans was huge in the early 80s. But the end result was very lackluster -- despite some nice Walt Simonson art.

The Terrifics and Fantastic Four together would be fun. I picture Michael and Reed hitting it off but also having a bit off a friendly rivalry, with Sue rolling her eyes at them and trying to make everyone else feel welcome lol

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    X-Men and the Legion of Super-Heroes -- based on the 70s or even 80s teams. X-Men were originally supposed to team with the Legion. To me, that grouping made a lot of sense -- and Dave Cockrum who designed character/costumes for both series was going to draw it. He dropped out of the project when DC decide to use the Teen Titans instead. I understand their thinking -- as New Teen Titans was huge in the early 80s. But the end result was very lackluster -- despite some nice Walt Simonson art.
    Oh, that explain the use of Darkseid in that story.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    And yet the X-men did meet up with the Legion of Super-Heroes ... only they were called the Imperial Guard, which we all know to be Marvel's homage to LoSH. Cockrum, I understand, played a significant role in designing characters of that Sh'iar elite force and Claremont used the IG a few times during his long run.

That said, I was one of many that eagerly anticipated the X-Men & the New Teen Titans crossover. No offense to Walt Simonson, whose artistry I also love and often imitate, but my only major lament creatively about the book was that John Byrne and George Perez weren't the featured artists.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Byrne was interested -- he had just dropped X-Men and Dave Cockrum had returned. Perez didn't draw it because DC and Marvel alternated production. Perez was working on JLA/Avengers being produced by DC. Marvel produced the X-Men/Teen Titans book. Word is that Jim Shooter who had a lengthy stint on Legion of Super Heroes wasn't happy about the change -- and it may have influenced his negative feedback on the aborted JLA/Avengers. series.

Dave Cockrum designed of the Imperial Guard that appeared in X-Men 107. Byrne created some new characters for the Dark Phoenix saga such as Manta, Hussar and Warstar. Cockrum dropped out of the DC/Marvel project when DC decided not to include Legion. Honestly, that would have been a fan dream. The Simonson book looked nice, but would have preferred to see characters drawn by an artist associated with at least one of the teams -- and would have preferred Legion -- as that series always had more in common with X-Men than Teen Titans did. But DC wanted the synergy of Marvel's best selling book and it's own best-selling book. Unfortunately, it didn't make for a great story.
    Last edited by kcekada; 03-06-2024 at 06:53 PM.

Not sure if Marvel can do this now, but...

Rom & the Space Knights meet the Green Lantern Corps!

And sure, one of the Galadorians gets a Lantern ring, making him/her the Green Knight.

I'd like a space crossover. Characters from both universes are visited by an amalgamated character that they all find vaguely familiar. Each set of heroes fight first before resolving their issues with their words (of course). Then they begin to realize that Captain Comet, and the Comet (Harris Moore) have somehow merged. The heroes have to find out a way to stop the In-Betweener from making this new Comet Amalgamation its weapon of destruction.

Fights:
    Nova (Richard Rider) vs. Lobo
    Captain Marvel vs. Starfire
    Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) vs. Green Lantern (Jon Stewart)
    Silver Surfer vs. Orion
    Photon vs. Lightray