Spectacular Member

Default Thoughts on DC Dark Knights of Steel

Was this any good - they're offering volume 1 on Kindle for 2.99 USD

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    Was this any good - they're offering volume 1 on Kindle for 2.99 USD
    I enjoyed it, in fact I wish this story could generate more stories set within that world.

Gorgeous art, story is good thought definitely feel less fleshed out thanks to limited pages of comic form

The art was chef kiss. Absolutely gorgeus !
    And the story overall was really good imo, with really interesting lore and twists !
    My only complaint is that Taylor, once again, cant seem to be able to write a proper ending for his books to save his life
    It's not that it was bad per se, it's just that one of, if not THE, most important plot points of the book gets a really awkward resolution

spoilers:
    In the final issue, Waller basically gets away with conspiracy and murder, scott-free, with everyone none the wiser. And then she proceeds to basically disappear from the narrative, despite having orchestrated (or enabled) most of the book's events. Go figure..
    end of spoilers

Other than that, I really recommend the book !
    Also, you have the added benefit of not having to wait 2 months per issue :P )
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 03-08-2024 at 02:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    The art was chef kiss. Absolutely gorgeus !
    And the story overall was really good imo, with really interesting lore and twists !
    My only complaint is that Taylor, once again, cant seem to be able to write a proper ending for his books to save his life
    It's not that it was bad per se, it's just that one of, if not THE, most important plot points of the book gets a really awkward resolution

spoilers:
    In the final issue, Waller basically gets away with conspiracy and murder, scott-free, with everyone none the wiser. And then she proceeds to basically disappear from the narrative, despite having orchestrated (or enabled) most of the book's events. Go figure..
    end of spoilers

Other than that, I really recommend the book !
    Also, you have the added benefit of not having to wait 2 months per issue :P )
    Maybe *spoiler* means a sequel will resolve this loose end?

Astonishing Member

https://www.cbr.com/dark-knights-ste...elseworlds-dc/

I guess we're not done with this storyline

It might be better read in one sitting as a trade tbh. The last few issues were pretty delayed so I thought it lost some steam

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    It might be better read in one sitting as a trade tbh. The last few issues were pretty delayed so I thought it lost some steam
    Different creative team on this one though.