Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Was put off by the meanwhile scenes like Juliet and Anna, the play or the court scene I’m going to assume all those other characters will show up later or maybe future victims of the new jackal monster
    Having just rewatched the Batman Beyond episode "Hooked Up" with Spellbinder using hyper-realistically immersive (and addictive) virtual reality to get alienated kids to steal for him, I'm not gonna be surprised if Weisman cribs somewhat from that (the villain immersing lonely, desperate, alienated young people in dreamworlds where their fantasies come true as a means to exploit them) here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I loved this book, really fun and a great sense of personality. I love Peter and Miles' dynamic and how it repeatedly shows how similar they are in personality, despite each of trying to deny it.

It's amazing that every Spider-Man book is killing it right now except the main one.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I loved this book, really fun and a great sense of personality. I love Peter and Miles' dynamic and how it repeatedly shows how similar they are in personality, despite each of trying to deny it.

It's amazing that every Spider-Man book is killing it right now except the main one.
    It is indeed amazing . . .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It is indeed amazing . . .
    ...that every other Spider-Man book is amazing but ASM. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Yes. Very true. Sad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Didn't really love the time skipping here. Felt random and not particularly interesting.

This was okay. Peter comes off as essentially a giant cringe loser in a way that's not as funny as like a Peter B. Parker. Seems like a fluff book so I don't see myself continuing with it. Not into the art either.

I expected to enjoy this one more but it just didn't work for me
    I felt the same way, honestly. Peter felt very corny and annoying here and it's one of those things I hate with a lot of modern writers, where he doesn't come off as funny or likable, but like an obnoxious loser trying too hard to be funny. He's just...too much in every sense.

I didn't mind the art and a few parts made me laugh, but overall I found it to be kind of an abrasive read.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I felt the same way, honestly. Peter felt very corny and annoying here and it's one of those things I hate with a lot of modern writers, where he doesn't come off as funny or likable, but like an obnoxious loser trying too hard to be funny. He's just...too much in every sense.

I didn't mind the art and a few parts made me laugh, but overall I found it to be kind of an abrasive read.
    Understandable. I guess Weisman hasn't captured 616 Peter's voice all that well yet.

has Miles educated Peter on up to date slang yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post

I think Peter can get away with being at least a little corny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Understandable. I guess Weisman hasn't captured 616 Peter's voice all that well yet.
    I wonder if part of the problem was having to write him around Miles so Weisman compensated for Miles being mature and smooth with making Peter...less so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    You aren't kidding! My April 2024 pull list has about 6 or 7 Spider-Man related comics Spectacular Spider-Men included. But Amazing isn't one of them. Life's too short and comics are too expensive for me to follow that book until it gets a direction and some good writing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Peter can get away with being at least a little corny.

I wonder if part of the problem was having to write him around Miles so Weisman compensated for Miles being mature and smooth with making Peter...less so.
    Sure, he can be a little corny, but this reminded me of Slott's overly obnoxious "crazy town banana pants" version of Peter, which always grated on me.

i think i’m going to like this book: i like the idea of pete and miles just hanging out, and being friends. i don’t follow miles in his own book, but i’m down for this one. still, it’d be nice if the “ parker luck” could be tapered off a bit, and when did prof. warren get a brother?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    i think i’m going to like this book: i like the idea of pete and miles just hanging out, and being friends. i don’t follow miles in his own book, but i’m down for this one. still, it’d be nice if the “ parker luck” could be tapered off a bit, and when did prof. warren get a brother?
    looks like he was retcon into being the jackal brother. prior to this he appears to be nameless

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...6)/Appearances
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    looks like he was retcon into being the jackal brother. prior to this he appears to be nameless

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...6)/Appearances
    You are wrong, it has being the case for years, even they were brothers in the cartoons

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

He's named Mr Warren in ASM #8, the Living Brain issue.

ASM8.jpg

I'm pretty sure Peter has referenced their being brothers before, but that'd be way to hard to track down.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!