Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spectacular Spider-men 1 Preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/01/ma...-spider-men-1/

Something for 616 Peter to enjoy perhaps?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Not going to lie I got a chuckle out of Peter shooting down the idea of him and Miles flirting with college girls because "he is too old, and Miles is too young."
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

I know I'm in the minority but I love Ramos' art, especially for spider-man. Knowing Weisman's previous works, he's going to use alot of lesser known villians in this series but I hope he creates a sort of shared rogues gallery between Peter and Miles that can show up in their solo titles.

It’s so great seeing Peter and Miles displaying such a positive and fun dynamic especially after how they had Miles acting towards Peter at the start of Gang War. It’s like night and day once you’re outside of Wells’ run.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Jackal? Not a good way to start. That's not a villian. Who jayat shows up even if he is another clone of Warren
    X-Men Forever

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Jackal? Not a good way to start. That's not a villian. Who jayat shows up even if he is another clone of Warren
    You might want to avoid Spine-Tingling Spider-Man, then, as Jackal turned out to be the villain behind Peter's harrowing ordeal there. Between this and that, maybe we're on the way to a Jackal renaissance . . . or Clone Saga 3.0.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You might want to avoid Spine-Tingling Spider-Man, then, as Jackal turned out to be the villain behind Peter's harrowing ordeal there. Between this and that, maybe we're on the way to a Jackal renaissance . . . or Clone Saga 3.0.
    oh no.. not feeling that.

hopefully non-clone adventures only in this title.

The whole premise of this book still feels a little forced to me. "Hey, I'm Spider-Man! You're Spider-Man! We're similar, let's hang out!"

Wasn't Miles looking at ESU in one of his Marvel Infinite stories? Though I like how Weisman kind of made fun of how long he's been in high school.

Oh hey, the Jackal! One of the villains Weisman didn't get to properly use in Spec because the show was canceled so we never saw Warren transform. And now he's colossal like 2017 cartoon Jackal.

Weisman writing Miles as a bit of a playa despite having a girlfriend is...a choice. Kind of reminds me of how Bendis depicted Miles with women at the start of his ANAD run. And him eventually fake dating Kamala in an upcoming issue.

"You want them to know your name and order by heart" - doesn't seem like that's working out for you, Pete.

I'm guessing the person that recognizes Peter is Sha Shan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The whole premise of this book still feels a little forced to me. "Hey, I'm Spider-Man! You're Spider-Man! We're similar, let's hang out!"

Wasn't Miles looking at ESU in one of his Marvel Infinite stories? Though I like how Weisman kind of made fun of how long he's been in high school.

Oh hey, the Jackal! One of the villains Weisman didn't get to properly use in Spec because the show was canceled so we never saw Warren transform. And now he's colossal like 2017 cartoon Jackal.

Weisman writing Miles as a bit of a playa despite having a girlfriend is...a choice. Kind of reminds me of how Bendis depicted Miles with women at the start of his ANAD run. And him eventually fake dating Kamala in an upcoming issue.

"You want them to know your name and order by heart" - doesn't seem like that's working out for you, Pete.

I'm guessing the person that recognizes Peter is Sha Shan.
    Ah. I hope she can be more of a full time supporting character, and without dated portrayals (I remember an ultra-demure Sha Shan, bewildered by everything American). Is she still Vietnamese or is her background in the fake country that Mark Waid/Marvel retconned for most Southeast Asian military conflicts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ah. I hope she can be more of a full time supporting character, and without dated portrayals (I remember an ultra-demure Sha Shan, bewildered by everything American). Is she still Vietnamese or is her background in the fake country that Mark Waid/Marvel retconned for most Southeast Asian military conflicts?
    Weisman already brought her back to the modern era with his Flash Thompson story in ASM.

oh no.. not feeling that.

hopefully non-clone adventures only in this title.
    Gwen's in issue 3. Unless it's Ghost-Spider, she's been cloned again. Which Jackal loves to do.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gwen's in issue 3. Unless it's Ghost-Spider, she's been cloned again. Which Jackal loves to do.
    It could not even be the real jackal. Might just be a plot by Arcade

Sin-Cong/Siancong?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Weisman already brought her back to the modern era with his Flash Thompson story in ASM.
    Oh, yeah . . . and she was apparently one of his favorite supporting cast members, explaining why Season 2 of Spectacular Spider-Man featured her a lot.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if this is supposed to take place after Gang War with Pete trying to repair his damaged relationship with Miles. Peter is acknowledging that he is too old to flirt with girls who are in their late teens and early twenties. Maybe that still works if you are in your late twenties as Marvel seems obsessed with keeping Peter's age as, but I don't know. Wish Marvel would just let Miles be the young teen Spidey and Peter as the one in his 30s/40s. As much as I am looking forward to this comic, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the real-time jokes the two characters throw in. Does not come off as natural IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I wonder if this is supposed to take place after Gang War with Pete trying to repair his damaged relationship with Miles. Peter is acknowledging that he is too old to flirt with girls who are in their late teens and early twenties. Maybe that still works if you are in your late twenties as Marvel seems obsessed with keeping Peter's age as, but I don't know. Wish Marvel would just let Miles be the young teen Spidey and Peter as the one in his 30s/40s. As much as I am looking forward to this comic, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the real-time jokes the two characters throw in. Does not come off as natural IMHO.
    Probably does, technically speaking, though Weisman might just be catching up on getting a better feel for how the Spider-Men (should) interact with each other. We'll probably know for sure in a few more issues.