Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The hate Twilight fad when the movies were popular.
    Was that a fad? O r a reaction to seeing the movies?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Was that a fad? O r a reaction to seeing the movies?
    A bit of both. It became pretty fashionable to hate on Twilight in nerd circles. I got swept up and indulged in it too much.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-02-2024 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The only people who say that are usually white men who voted Republican 80% of the time.
    Or trans marxist/leninist leftists who believe in organized action over electoral politics and political theatre. You must not get out much...
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I own a Funko Pop, the Beanie Babies of the new millennium.

-M
    I have two. But they were a gift.

Walter and The Dude for anyone who's curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I have two. But they were a gift.

Walter and The Dude for anyone who's curious.
    I have a few, mostly of characters I like who didn't have a lot of affordable merch otherwise (I have Flash Gordon, Vultan, Ming, Space Ghost, Phantom, Conan and Red Sonja for example) and my wife has a few, but I haven't bought one in years and with Funko filling landfills with unsold inventory because they wanted to cut warehousing fees, I don't expect them to be an enduring line or to hold value in the future, much like the course Beanie Babies took in the 90s.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I own a Funko Pop, the Beanie Babies of the new millennium.

-M
    I have several Funko Pops. I love them. I dont have them for profit or to try and sell down the line because of value like people did with the Beanie Babies. I just really like them I have 13 of them including two over sized Marvel Zombie ones. And I will be getting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Pogs. It had to be pogs.
    I went nuts on Pogs. I had over a thousand of them at one point with over two dozen slammers.

Remember Alf? He's back. In Pog form. Five Cool Points to whoever gets that reference without using Google
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-02-2024 at 05:49 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I had SEVERAL Mood Rings
    I didn't, but my grandmother actually had one.

Pet rocks? I had enough in the backyard if I wanted one.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Collecting comics vs. just buying and reading them. All that wasted time buying backer boards and plastic sleeves.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Collecting comics vs. just buying and reading them. All that wasted time buying backer boards and plastic sleeves.
    I may have 6 or 7 sealed copes of X-Force 1 in a box somewhere.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Or trans marxist/leninist leftists who believe in organized action over electoral politics and political theatre. You must not get out much...
    ...except the notion of not voting for a candidate because they aren't liberal enough IS just pure political theater. You aren't "sending a message" that the status quo isn't good enough by withholding your vote or voting third party over voting against a candidate that will do legitimate harm to minorities and personal freedoms. The only thing you're doing is I guess making yourself feel good? You certainly aren't going to change anything or make anything better like that.

I wish there was a legitimate third option too, one that really pushed for liberal ideals that would put us on even footing with the rest of the civilized world...but we don't, so the best we can do is support the least bad option and hope we get where we want eventually.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

babyblob is right vvvvv
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-03-2024 at 09:19 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There is a politics thread for this type of talk. Can everyone stop derailing a fun thread with politics?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

When I was much younger (like 5 or 6), I used to get beanie babies. While I didn't know much about them being a fad back then, I just enjoyed having them.
    Looking back, that was a slope that lead to me collecting comics today... make of that what you will.

I grew up when the hate for both Twilight and Justin Bieber was at their peak.
    Looking back on them now, both were just pieces of media I didn't really relate to or had any impact on my life.
    Twilight at least allowed Robert Patterson to start being in more interesting projects, he is just awful in the clips I've seen of him in Twilight.
    Justin Bieber has always been crap, but nowadays, I get more fun at Theneedledrop and Todd in the Shadows just trying to review his music. So while his music doesn't do much for me, the reactions to it do.

I guess you could say I was both an early adopter and early dropper offer of the Superhero Movie craze. I started with Raimi's Spider-Man and by the time the first Avengers came out, I was already on burnout. Don't know if you could call it a fad however...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    Pogs. It had to be pogs.
    I know, right?! It got so big, even The X-Men had to express their opinion on the matter (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I may have 6 or 7 sealed copes of X-Force 1 in a box somewhere.
    Look on the bright side, you've got a decent set of trading cards for your collection (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-03-2024 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i was pretty hyped for that show son of zorn but they cancelled it after 1 season