Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    You got me curious there. What do you find annoying about Val Zod?
    Well, I resented the entire main cast of Earth 2 being shoved to the side in favor of Taylor's OCs and Batman. But he was such a weird mishmash of undeveloped and poorly thought out ideas without much personality. Apparently, he's the son of that universe's General Zod. Nothing is done with that. He's agoraphobic until Lois gives a saccharine pep talk and that's never brought up again. He's a pacifist, which is all well and good, but in a series thats about the world on the verge of destruction from the cosmic personification of evil, he's absolutely useless, standing around lecturing everybody about how "violence is the stupidest way to deal with conflict" while innocent people are being ripped apart by space demons. After the world blows up, he throws the Superman symbol in the dirt (which he earlier said he would never take off because the Els took him in), saying the world ended because of the heroes being too violent. His only consistent personality traits were refusing to do anything useful and lecturing everybody else about how he was a better person than him.

He just sucked on every level. He alternated between having no personality to being absolutely insufferable and his introduction pretty much turned the more interesting characters into a footnote.

I hate how people keep trying to make him more than he was. He has a cool design, but he was such a terrible character.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Well, I resented the entire main cast of Earth 2 being shoved to the side in favor of Taylor's OCs and Batman. But he was such a weird mishmash of undeveloped and poorly thought out ideas without much personality. Apparently, he's the son of that universe's General Zod. Nothing is done with that. He's agoraphobic until Lois gives a saccharine pep talk and that's never brought up again. He's a pacifist, which is all well and good, but in a series thats about the world on the verge of destruction from the cosmic personification of evil, he's absolutely useless, standing around lecturing everybody about how "violence is the stupidest way to deal with conflict" while innocent people are being ripped apart by space demons. After the world blows up, he throws the Superman symbol in the dirt (which he earlier said he would never take off because the Els took him in), saying the world ended because of the heroes being too violent. His only consistent personality traits were refusing to do anything useful and lecturing everybody else about how he was a better person than him.

He just sucked on every level. He alternated between having no personality to being absolutely insufferable and his introduction pretty much turned the more interesting characters into a footnote.

I hate how people keep trying to make him more than he was. He has a cool design, but he was such a terrible character.
    Honestly I feel like this explains alot about Taylor's Superman run with Jon.

Definitely Harley Quinn

Superboy Prime was amusing at first, but the joke definitely got old long before they killed him off

Kent Shakespeare from the Five Years Later era of the LSH.

And I know this will be controversial, but it needs to be said: Ambush Bug. Keith Giffen's worst tendencies cynically embodied in one intolerably insufferable (and not remotely funny) character.

Extraordinary Member

Probably Lobo or Harley Quinn

Damian Wayne and Jon Kent

Don’t feel either really add value their respective families and seem like reminders of how blotted they are.

Jon had a some promise when he was a kid but now as an adult he is just another super person amount super people who will never be Clark Kent.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-03-2024 at 03:24 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I feel like this explains alot about Taylor's Superman run with Jon.
    I'm not a big fan of Taylor's work in general. I didn't read much of his Jon run, but I've heard similar complaints.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Probably Lobo or Harley Quinn
    Lobo would have been my first choice but at least they aren't pretending he's a hero.
    Assassinate Putin!

Dan DiDio.

Danny Chase/Phantasm of the New Teen Titans.
    Cringed when he first appeared, and nothing ever changed my mind!

Secondarily Damien Wayne, although he's okay in small doses.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post

What an excellent description of Val-Zod. I would add the failed attemp to make him a light version of Flashpoint Superman. And yeah, cool suit.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Fantastic Member

Jimmy Olsen.

I didn't mind original Harley. I've never been able to get on board with quasi-reformed antihero Harley. And it's annoying how much they keep pushing her.

I would add Ambush Bug. I just find him annoying and his main schtick (kooky personality and the fourth wall breaking) has been taken by too many others.

I also personally don't like the Creeper. I don't like the name, the design (is he wearing a boa?), and I just find him annoying.

I’ll add Batgod
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Diana's brother or whatever he is at this point.
    What in Hera's name are you talking about? Diana has no brothers.