Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Kent Shakespeare from the Five Years Later era of the LSH.
    I did not read much of that run, but I vaguely recall a first appearance where the Persuader's axe, able to cut through Superboy, atomic bonds, gravity, dimensional barriers, force fields and various 'uncuttable' things, bounced off his face, and he wasn't supposed to be miraculously invulnerable, just 'tough.' I've seen a lot of puffing people up in their first appearance to sell them as the New Big Thing, but I was immediately turned off by this blatant puffery. I'm afraid I never gave him a chance after that.

But Ambush Bug wins for most annoying. Kent Shakespeare, Earth-Man, Superboy Prime, Damian Wayne, etc. are characters I don't like for various reasons or find obnoxious or loathsome, but Ambush Bug is actively annoying to me. Just too desperate in the attempts to be 'funny,' but, to me, not even remotely funny. It's like he's going for that Three Stooges energy, but trying way, way too hard.

Mighty Member

Bernard Dowd

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tim Drake. Pointless, odourless, flavourless and utterly lacking in nutritional value.

Writers keep prescribing him to me but I'm yet to see results or any Improvement. In fact the situation has gotten annoying to the point I've developed an allergic reaction to anything Tim Drake related.

Writers need to undermine other characters to butterss him is also annoying as heck and ruins any arc's he is in for me.

Needs to retire.
    I wish I could disagree with you analysis. I can not.

I can say that Tim should not be that way!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Ah, I see. Don't get me wrong, I like the character, but I totally admit that that is because I approach him on a superfícial level. "Black, legacy, pacifist Superman" is a real cool premise that I can totally get behind.

That said, Earth 2 started getting worse and worse by the time he was introduced. I kinda of zoned out of that comic and, if I'm honest, had I paid as much attention to it as you did, I'd probably be annoyed by every character there as well.
    Earth 2 was a great idea that kept fizzling out several times.

Both Tim and Earth 2 suffered from the same problem...Direction!

TPTB need to change the way these are handled...or TPTB need to change.

On Topic: Batman is the most annoying character for me. Being of combination of Bat-Jerk and Bat-God for so darn long has ruined the character for me.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 03-06-2024 at 12:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Damien Wayne. Entitled brat pretending to be a superhero. At least Guy Gardner's mildly amusing.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Amazing Member

For me is Lois Lane

Mighty Member

Bernard and Bisexual Tim. Did Bernard ever show up in the Dixon run or was he tacked on like Tim's sudden new sexuality?

LOBO : characters who run around killing but can't die themselves.