Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Damian Wayne, John Constantine, Harley Quinn (but only when DC tries too much to turn her into their version of Deadpool, which is basically nowadays), Superboy Prime.

The Joker would be #1 on my list with Harley a close second. The only reason I put Harley at #2 is because I've actually enjoyed some titles she was in that her presence didn't overwhelm or otherwise ruin for me. I can't say the same for the Joker.

Bizarro bugs me because I don't get why they keep using him. He was a funny gag when comics were aimed at children, but that's all he is - a one-joke (that isn't very funny) gimmick. Of course I tend to avoid reading him, but of the times I've read him taken seriously just reinforces that idea to me.

Lobo and Harley are annoying for the same reason - their popularity has given them not just plot armor, but raised their abilities beyond what they should be.

Hm, maybe I just don't like white characters...

Tim Drake. Pointless, odourless, flavourless and utterly lacking in nutritional value.

Writers keep prescribing him to me but I'm yet to see results or any Improvement. In fact the situation has gotten annoying to the point I've developed an allergic reaction to anything Tim Drake related.

Writers need to undermine other characters to butterss him is also annoying as heck and ruins any arc's he is in for me.

Needs to retire.

Lobo, because he's almost completely evil, but often written in a way that seems like we're supposed to like him.

The Batman Who Laughs! Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yeah, seconded.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Well, I resented the entire main cast of Earth 2 being shoved to the side in favor of Taylor's OCs and Batman. But he was such a weird mishmash of undeveloped and poorly thought out ideas without much personality. Apparently, he's the son of that universe's General Zod. Nothing is done with that. He's agoraphobic until Lois gives a saccharine pep talk and that's never brought up again. He's a pacifist, which is all well and good, but in a series thats about the world on the verge of destruction from the cosmic personification of evil, he's absolutely useless, standing around lecturing everybody about how "violence is the stupidest way to deal with conflict" while innocent people are being ripped apart by space demons. After the world blows up, he throws the Superman symbol in the dirt (which he earlier said he would never take off because the Els took him in), saying the world ended because of the heroes being too violent. His only consistent personality traits were refusing to do anything useful and lecturing everybody else about how he was a better person than him.

He just sucked on every level. He alternated between having no personality to being absolutely insufferable and his introduction pretty much turned the more interesting characters into a footnote.

I hate how people keep trying to make him more than he was. He has a cool design, but he was such a terrible character.
    Ah, I see. Don't get me wrong, I like the character, but I totally admit that that is because I approach him on a superfícial level. "Black, legacy, pacifist Superman" is a real cool premise that I can totally get behind.

That said, Earth 2 started getting worse and worse by the time he was introduced. I kinda of zoned out of that comic and, if I'm honest, had I paid as much attention to it as you did, I'd probably be annoyed by every character there as well.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Damian Wayne.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Ah, I see. Don't get me wrong, I like the character, but I totally admit that that is because I approach him on a superfícial level. "Black, legacy, pacifist Superman" is a real cool premise that I can totally get behind.

That said, Earth 2 started getting worse and worse by the time he was introduced. I kinda of zoned out of that comic and, if I'm honest, had I paid as much attention to it as you did, I'd probably be annoyed by every character there as well.
    I think pacifism is a noble thing in real life, but I feel like it makes for a less-than-exciting superhero. What I like about Clark is that, while he doesn't want to hurt anyone and will try to avoid it, he will absolutely throw down if he has to.

I was initially interested that we were getting a legacy Superman in Earth 2 and thought his design looked great, but I was just really disappointed in the execution. I wanted to like him, but ooof.

Lobo. (I'll probably think of someone else worse in the middle of the night, but Lobo's bad no matter what!)
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Add me to the list for Harley and Lobo.

I don’t dislike the characters, so much as the DC creatives direction with both characters.

It’s been apparent for decades that DC wants so hard for both to occupy the Deadpool role in the public consciousness. In-universe, it doesn’t work. Out-of-universe, the general audience sees them as pretenders/try-hards. Look at how Harley was viewed in the BOP movie. Frequent references to her being a mix of Deadpool and Jack Sparrow (POTC). When Harley has her own personality and story they could explore.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 03-04-2024 at 05:28 PM.

Jon Kent. I never liked him as the “gee schucks” all American boy in the Rebirth era and I really don’t like him aged up. He’s become a pointless character and harkens back to the time Didio and co felt there was nothing left to do with Clark Kent so they tried to phase him out and put Jon in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Oh yeah. The Batman Who Laughs is near the top of the list.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Bizarro bugs me because I don't get why they keep using him. He was a funny gag when comics were aimed at children, but that's all he is - a one-joke (that isn't very funny) gimmick. Of course I tend to avoid reading him, but of the times I've read him taken seriously just reinforces that idea to me...
    IMO, Bizarro can be done well, but needs to be used sparingly. STAS was about as good as it got with him.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Joker. He's not a "threat". He's a guy with white skin. He has no actual powers. His gimmick is that he supposedly makes people crazy or whatever.
    Assassinate Putin!