Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Storm wasn't written out but I wish she was in Morrison's run instead of X-Treme.
    I feel similarly... not because I think she would have been particularly well-written in that run but because it started a decade+ long trend where Storm could be relegated to leadership of side titles and have no bearing on the primary storylines. Ex: somehow in the entire Decimation era, the character with the most significant arc about losing her powers seemingly has no ideas about the direction that mutantkind should take.

My non A-lister answer is Karma. No specific era, but there just seems to be a ton of times where she's nowhere to be found (shoot she's even MIA right now) and I find her to be a genuinely interesting character.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 03-03-2024 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Storm wasn't written out but I wish she was in Morrison's run instead of X-Treme.
    Didn't Morrison originally want Storm instead of Emma?

He did. At least I’m almost positive I read that somewhere.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Yes. I remember reading it. I'm not sure how reliable it was, though. I think that he wanted her to have the affair with cyclops. Thank gosh that didn't happen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    If memory serves, there was an interview where he noted that his original plans also involved Collosus, but since he was dead at the time from curing the legacy virus that was off the table (and his revival was likely held back by how recent his death was combined with Quesada's sudden "dead means dead" rule at the time), so Morrison came up with the secondary mutation to turn Emma into a Collosus stand in.

Which would mean Emma had to serve as a place holder for two characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Not 100% comics related but I think Ms. Katherine Pryde missed out on being the POV young mutant in X-Men: TAS (and possibly the first X-Men movie) due to her being part of Excalibur at the time and not Jim Lee's X-Men.
    I don't know how true it is, but I heard the reason Shadowcat was black listed from the 90s cartoon was due to her being the POV character in the previous attempt at an X-men cartoon, Pryde of the X-men. It tanked and it poisoned the character in the execs minds.

Due to the loss of his sonic scream sustained through injuries, Banshee missed out on being involved in The Final Fate of the Phoenix!
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-03-2024 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Due to the loss of his sonic scream sustained through injuries, Banshee missed out on being involved in The Final Fate of the Phoenix!
    Yeah, I loved Banshee. I hated when they had written him out.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Rachel was effective sent packing, written out, or kept to the shadows of every major X-Men event since the 80's
    Mutant Massacre - Mojoverse
    Fall of the Mutants - Mojoverse
    Inferno - a mannequin in a bridal store (I'm not kidding)
    X-Tinction Agenda - in the multiverse
    Muir Island Saga - in the multiverse
    X-Cutioner's Song - literally killed and sent healing into space so she and the Phoenix couldn't take part in THE SUMMERS EVENT OF THE 90'S
    Fatal Attractions - Sent into the unknown future
    Phalanx Covenant - through Planet X - in the future
    House of M - not in main story, just Uncanny X-Men side issues
    Phoenix Endsong - literally a story about the Phoenix and Jean and Rachel gets a cameo in a big splash page saying Mom.... But can't participate
    Deadly Genesis - gets taken hostage most of the event by her uncle
    RaFotSE - has a small role (yay) but it's primarily to get her off a earth for...
    All of Messiah Complex - Second Coming - in space because Phoenix plus red haired neice means readers might get confused
    Age of X - a role but cos playing as her mother until revealed afterwards
    AvX - side books and minor appearances because as much as they tried to ignore/hide her the writers realized she couldn't be in it
    Battle of the Atom - was there but she's not allowed to interact with Jean and Scott so
    Axis - hound
    Death of X - MIA
    IvX - MIA (minus two small appearances)
    Phoenix Resurrection - knocked out in the first issue
    Extermination - hound
    Disassembled - snarling hound
    Age of X-Man - slobbering hound
    HoX/PoX - MIA
    X of Swords - in the healing gardens, also not allowed in Jean's TP club even though she's on the cover of the event advert with the Phoenix Blade
    Inferno - Otherworld
    Sins of Sinister - MIA
    Fall of X - MIA
    Rise of the Powers of X - Finally here and in a main role

Iceman missed out of being a part of it because Jo Duffy was developing a series for him that was on-and-off for years and had 'laid claim' to the character, meaning others couldn't use him.

Claremont and Byrne were only able to 'sneak' him in, unnamed in human form and dialogue-less at Jean's funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    If memory serves, there was an interview where he noted that his original plans also involved Collosus, but since he was dead at the time from curing the legacy virus that was off the table (and his revival was likely held back by how recent his death was combined with Quesada's sudden "dead means dead" rule at the time), so Morrison came up with the secondary mutation to turn Emma into a Collosus stand in.

Which would mean Emma had to serve as a place holder for two characters.
    While there *might* be an interview where Morrison wanted Storm, it was never in place of Emma. In fact when you look up the “was Scott supposed to have an affair with Storm” theory all that pops up are CBR forum discussions with no sources cited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He did. At least I’m almost positive I read that somewhere.
    His X-Men Manifesto (it must in the tpb/omnibus/collected editions of his run) ?

https://imgur.com/gallery/JLBv5Ca

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    While there *might* be an interview where Morrison wanted Storm, it was never in place of Emma. In fact when you look up the “was Scott supposed to have an affair with Storm” theory all that pops up are CBR forum discussions with no sources cited.
    Thanks for the correction.

I for one think Sabretooth missed out on the trial of Gambit. I would have love to see him gloat knowing he knew Remy was there the entire time during the Massacre.

Jean Grey being dead during the Messiah Complex and Second Coming, and Avengers vs Xmen to me was a big void of her not being there.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Also Iceman was the only 05 member who wasn't with the team here.