View Poll Results: What movie did you like more?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Marvels

32 86.49%
  • Madame Web

5 13.51%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Didn't watch either film (came here for the opinions) but is Madame Web really worse than something like this? My first reaction was, "This a parody or the actual movie?" but a part of me doesn't want to know the answer. Still trying to grasp how this was a 300 million dollar flick?

Yes Madame Web is way worse than that, and you need more context for that scene because it was actually funny.

MW on the other hand, uses an Easter Egg about Uncle Ben getting shot as a joke. That **** didn’t land.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ezekiel Sims goal was to kill the girls who were going to kill him it's about as basic and simple as you can get.
    But still, why though? The movie never answered that.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    That's in the Clarkson Cut, coming to Bravia Core soon!

Heat is one of the great crime action/drama films of all time it was the inspiration for the Dark Knight. But taken out of context here's one few second long scene.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    That's in the Clarkson Cut, coming to Bravia Core soon!
    And here I thought it would be in Kraven. Silly me!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Why did they want to kill him? It never says it's just some point in the future maybe he becomes a big time villain maybe he killed MW or something .

He wants to kill them now before they get powers so he is safe.

Of course if I was him I'd just move to the other side of the world or something so they don't find me.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why did they want to kill him? It never says it's just some point in the future maybe he becomes a big time villain maybe he killed MW or something .
    It's probably because he wanted to kill them - timeloop!

Astonishing Member

Didn't watch either film (came here for the opinions) but is Madame Web really worse than something like this? My first reaction was, "This a parody or the actual movie?" but a part of me doesn't want to know the answer. Still trying to grasp how this was a 300 million dollar flick?
    It was shot during COVID not to mention tons of reshoots, otherwise it is hard to believe it cost that much or possibly more since accounting stopped Sept 30 2022 before more reshoots in Jan. 2023. I doubt the MCU will ever release the accurate number due to the severity of how The Marvels bombed.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    This might come as a shock to you but movies tend to have far more than one scene and one line.
    There's not even anything wrong with that scene so I don't even know what your point here is supposed to be.
    After seeing the previews, that clip, and how much it cost....what would actually shock me is if this movie didn't bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    It was shot during COVID not to mention tons of reshoots, otherwise it is hard to believe it cost that much or possibly more since accounting stopped Sept 30 2022 before more reshoots in Jan. 2023. I doubt the MCU will ever release the accurate number due to the severity of how The Marvels bombed.
    I read the new Captain America Movie went through tons of re-shoots too and the audience that previewed the movie wasn't crazy about it so its put on hold. I'm curious about the costs on that one.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-18-2024 at 07:00 PM.

Can you explain what's so bad about that clip? I don't get it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Can you explain what's so bad about that clip? I don't get it.
    Yeah, I don't get it either.

Is it just a pushback against "wokeness" because Nick Fury uses the term "Black Girl Magic"( a term celebrating the strength of women of color)?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it either.

Is it just a pushback against "wokeness" because Nick Fury uses the term "Black Girl Magic"( a term celebrating the strength of women of color)?
    I think some people are just sick of Marvel humor and the informality of it. I don't see anything wrong with the clip on its own but I could see why some would see it as cringe.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I think some people are just sick of Marvel humor and the informality of it. I don't see anything wrong with the clip on its own but I could see why some would see it as cringe.
    My retort would be "would there be the same outcry to that scene if he shouted, "man up!" to say Spider-Man saying he couldn't do something?"

The meaning would be exactly same...but I'd think the outcry would not.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    My retort would be "would there be the same outcry to that scene if he shouted, "man up!" to say Spider-Man saying he couldn't do something?"

The meaning would be exactly same...but I'd think the outcry would not.
    Yeah, to me that would be just as cringe-worthy. The weird buzzword hashtag self aware referential humor is just not my thing, and I feel like those fall into that bracket, even with how brief they are.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Yeah, to me that would be just as cringe-worthy. The weird buzzword hashtag self aware referential humor is just not my thing, and I feel like those fall into that bracket, even with how brief they are.
    None of those terms even apply to that, actually a lot of this falls far more into the category of buzzwords than what Nick Fury said in that scene.