View Poll Results: What movie did you like more?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Marvels

32 86.49%
  • Madame Web

5 13.51%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I like MW better because it's funny. It's pure uncanny valley cinema. Almost every line of dialogue is delivered as if the actors were held at gunpoint. There is inflection/emotion on all of the wrong words, it's like they put multiple takes of one scene together as one and didn't care about the context of how people were speaking to each other. And there's no self awareness about how much of an awkward jarbled mess it is. It's endlessly entertaining to see movies like this. The Marvels is just an average MCU product to me.
    What you're basically saying it seems is subjectively you like Madame Web, but objectively the Marvels is better. Because one is McDonald's, and the other is a trainwreck on a plate, but you find the trainwreck entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What you're basically saying it seems is subjectively you like Madame Web, but objectively the Marvels is better. Because one is McDonald's, and the other is a trainwreck on a plate, but you find the trainwreck entertaining.
    That's one way to look at it. I see both as terrible, both are garbage corporate products but one has entertainment value to me whereas the other just feels bland and tasteless.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Thats actually a good way of putting it. But it also highlights why I think its not an apples to apples comparison, since Marvels had an entire MCU of ideas to draw from and Madame Web was completely its own thing in its own universe, seemingly. Seems like people would have to go into a film like Marvels with higher expectations than they would have had for Madame Web.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Seems like people would have to go into a film like Marvels with higher expectations than they would have had for Madame Web.
    Especially since The Marvels budget is almost 4 times that of MW. There were reshoots done to The Marvels after the last accounting and I highly doubt Disney will ever give the exact figures.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I like MW better because it's funny. It's pure uncanny valley cinema. Almost every line of dialogue is delivered as if the actors were held at gunpoint. There is inflection/emotion on all of the wrong words, it's like they put multiple takes of one scene together as one and didn't care about the context of how people were speaking to each other. And there's no self awareness about how much of an awkward jarbled mess it is. It's endlessly entertaining to see movies like this. The Marvels is just an average MCU product to me.
    That just sounds horrible to me, not entertaining in the least.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That just sounds horrible to me, not entertaining in the least.
    We might be of different generations because I promise you it truly is exhilirating
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

BANNED

Even now I'm not seeing any reason why Madame Web is supposedly better.
    Even these last few pages the only reasons given boil down to being one is in the MCU and the other isn't, but no actual discussion about the story or characters.

Astonishing Member

We might be of different generations because I promise you it truly is exhilirating
    I don't think it's a generational thing. There have always been people who took delight in truly bad movies, while others just find those movies unwatchable.

The Marvels hands down at least the plot wasn't a confusing disjointed mess, unlike Madame Web.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."