View Poll Results: What movie did you like more?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Marvels

32 86.49%
  • Madame Web

5 13.51%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Madame Web or The Marvels

So both movie are considered less than perfect to say the least but what movie did you personally like more? I think The Marvels is the better movie technically as in put together better but I found way more entertainment value in Madame Web what's your opinion?

Extraordinary Member

This is sort of like asking "which do you like better, a head wound, or one to the groin". But, in the spirit, I'd say Madame Web, you can at least get some more "so bad it's fun" movie vibes from it.
    Last edited by achilles; 03-04-2024 at 04:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I haven't seen Madam Web and don't intend to but the Marvels was legitimately fun so I'll go with that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I haven't seen Madam Web and don't intend to but the Marvels was legitimately fun so I'll go with that.
    I think The Marvels is underrated and over-hated. It’s simple, bright, and fun. I don’t have a problem with that. The action sequences were entertaining, and there’s villain with a clear motivation. It probably should have been longer, but overall, I enjoyed it. I get that it’s not for everyone, but no movie is. There are people who hate every movie, they just don’t make YouTube’s about it.

Haven't seen Madame Web and don't plan on it until it's free to me on a streaming service.

As for the Marvel's I thought the singing planet went on a little longer than I would have preferred but outside of that I thought it was a fun movie.

Madame Web is at least an entertaining hatewatch. It's unintentionally hilarious
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Madame Web by a country mile. In spite of enjoying the actors better in Marvels, it was an unholy mess whereas Madame Web was merely a holy mess.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Madame Web by a country mile. In spite of enjoying the actors better in Marvels, it was an unholy mess whereas Madame Web was merely a holy mess.
    I think that people should have watch parties of a double bill of Morbius and Madame Web. Alcohol might be involved, and a great time would be had by all.

I totally disagree with the idea that Madame Web and Morbius are so bad they're good.

I love Schlock and what makes schlock great is shooting for the stars with a shoestring budget. Cash grabs with big budgets aren't schlock they're just bad because they could have made something good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I totally disagree with the idea that Madame Web and Morbius are so bad they're good.

I love Schlock and what makes schlock great is shooting for the stars with a shoestring budget. Cash grabs with big budgets aren't schlock they're just bad because they could have made something good.
    I agree they're bad, but enough booze and the right frame of mind can make them funny. Yes, it's probably mostly the booze, but still...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think The Marvels is underrated and over-hated. It’s simple, bright, and fun. I don’t have a problem with that. The action sequences were entertaining, and there’s villain with a clear motivation. It probably should have been longer, but overall, I enjoyed it. I get that it’s not for everyone, but no movie is. There are people who hate every movie, they just don’t make YouTube’s about it.
    Yeah, this.

I wouldn't blame Madame Web on anyone but Sony

They're both terrible. But at least Madame Web cost 80 million USD to produce, versus The Marvels' 270 million USD. If you're gonna make a bad movie, at least make it "cheap" (cheaper)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    They're both terrible. But at least Madame Web cost 80 million USD to produce, versus The Marvels' 270 million USD. If you're gonna make a bad movie, at least make it "cheap" (cheaper)
    Unfortunately it costs much more than that. That 275M did not include reshoots for 2023. It only included up till the end of Sept 2022 if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't want people to think it only cost 275M when it probably was closer to 300M if not significantly more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Honestly I personally don't think Morbius was bad it was a ok movie.

Its weird that Madame Web was the better looking movie, though granted it did not have very much CGI. But the CGI was kind of horrible in the Marvels. With very few exceptions it reminded me of the CGI in several much cheaper made B grade movies. Where did all that $275 million go? Marvels almost felt like it was just tossed together with no or very little planning. At least you could discern a fairly coherent plot and a more clearly interesting and less unnecessarily toothy villain in Madame Web.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 03-05-2024 at 02:28 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.