Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ooooh that ISH was SO GOOOOD!! That ending with Feint & Remy?? Outstanding! Also, shout out to Josh Cornillon -- the obvious inspiration for the New Orleans target.
    Oh yeah I was gonna note on that. I'm sure he's super happy !
    (also I do hope he gets at least an unlimited run at some point)

This sounds so good omg

All this Unlimited reviews make me think like it should be leading title of current era, seems to be best written

I hope X-Men Unlimited eventually gets printed in its entirety. They kinda started with the X-Men Green volumes, but that was a long time ago.

Mighty Member

Thanks for another great recap. This is definitely something that should have been in print and a much bigger story as part of FoX. I feel the most of the mini could have done without. Realm, Cable, Uncanny Avengers.. I feel like they were just so disconnected from what is happening. This should have been Plot B (Plot A being the fight against Orchis) instead it’s relegated to a plot D and X-men seems to be dragging along with Iron Man. This is much more interesting than what’s happening in X-men and Cable.

Considering how good this titles seem to fit into past/recent continuity, I agree that I would've liked that Monet and/or Angel were present in the flashback. But, considering what happens during that flashback, I can see why neither were included (they had to be on Krakoa during the attack).

Still, I agree that this title is apparently the best of the current era. That Gambit in the share panel looks handsome!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Mighty Member

I’m actually ok with the Monet and Warren not being there. It separates itself from what their X-Corp was. It was supposed to be a business venture type. (I think.. I gave up after one issue because I’m not a fan of Tini’s writing on any of these books). If this is a rescue and relief type of missions statement, this make sense… and makes sense to have Jamie and Trinary there since they worked on the island.

Was Roberto ever mentioned in that mini, because it seemed like was invested in a lot of places and prepared ahead. So I’m not shocked he has a big role in this venture and getting things done on the floating island. What was the power source that kept the island floating originally? Was it a Krakoan source or plain technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I’m actually ok with the Monet and Warren not being there. It separates itself from what their X-Corp was. It was supposed to be a business venture type. (I think.. I gave up after one issue because I’m not a fan of Tini’s writing on any of these books). If this is a rescue and relief type of missions statement, this make sense… and makes sense to have Jamie and Trinary there since they worked on the island.

Was Roberto ever mentioned in that mini, because it seemed like was invested in a lot of places and prepared ahead. So I’m not shocked he has a big role in this venture and getting things done on the floating island. What was the power source that kept the island floating originally? Was it a Krakoan source or plain technology?
    Yeah Roberto appeared a few times and had recommended Neal Shaara for a board position. From what I remember Trinary noted that it was solar powered but a unique type of solar power. I guess perhaps mutant related because in another issue Sunspot, Bishop, Vulcan, and Shaara combine their powers in an attempt to create a bandwidth service.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue, same as I did all the rest really. The Steves mastery of continuity is excellent and I loved that deepcut about Sam being an External. The character interactions are also also always gold. I honestly could continue reading them indefinitely and they weave mutants in and out of their story, it's just that good.

This sounds pretty good. Honestly, I wish this was being printed as a main book rather than just Unlimited. I'd vastly prefer this story and these characters over some of the other stuff going on. I do have to admit that I'm slightly bitter that Foxe killed off Warren just to then go and use X-Corp in a new story. I understand if I'm in the minority on that, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yeah Roberto appeared a few times and had recommended Neal Shaara for a board position. From what I remember Trinary noted that it was solar powered but a unique type of solar power. I guess perhaps mutant related because in another issue Sunspot, Bishop, Vulcan, and Shaara combine their powers in an attempt to create a bandwidth service.
    This is a very impressive feat by Sunspot to do on his own for days at a time. Really good showings for all characters involved so far. I hope they make X-Men Unlimited a monthly after reboot.

This is the X-CORPS that should have been published instead of the one that Howard was writing. I am actually impressed that this is being put out by the same editorial that it's doing the rest of FoX (sans what Guillen and Ewing are doing).

how many more issues do we have? I forget what number the arc started at. This is the highlight of my Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    how many more issues do we have? I forget what number the arc started at. This is the highlight of my Sundays.
    This is part 9 of 20 so next week is the halfway point.