Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hero View Post
    Didn't Mark say on one of his interviews before starting up his Kingdom Come Arc in WF that he contacted Ross to make sure he was okay with it? I think they're cool with one another.
    Yeah he talked to Ross about what Ross wanted Gog to be, and he also refrained from using any characters that Ross created (like the Pastor). They seem to be on amicable terms, Waid even ruled out a proper KC sequel unless Ross was on board.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's possible the relationship between DC and Ross is being repaired lately and they'll work again soon.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's possible the relationship between DC and Ross is being repaired lately and they'll work again soon.
    That'll sell big time.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What caused the split in the first place?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I remember reading he was against the New52 costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Who wasn't?
    Assassinate Putin!

Any speculation what he'd work on? I assume Superman but would it build on Kingdom Come or be a new separate project?

Knowing Ross it was probably more like he objected to the New 52 period. With Ross I totally understand where the hate comes from, he already had a bunch of gripes with Post-Crisis and then New 52 shook things up even more - but Waid’s hate for the New 52 amuses me given it had the Superman status quo he’s always wanted: single, young Superman with Ma and Pa dead. Course Waid is a bit of a hypocrite since he hates Superman being married with a kid but is fiercely protective of Wally/Linda and their kids. Didio was right about that being a problem though, can’t keep Superman and Batman young and let the Titans gen grow up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Knowing Ross it was probably more like he objected to the New 52 period. With Ross I totally understand where the hate comes from, he already had a bunch of gripes with Post-Crisis and then New 52 shook things up even more - but Waid’s hate for the New 52 amuses me given it had the Superman status quo he’s always wanted: single, young Superman with Ma and Pa dead. Course Waid is a bit of a hypocrite since he hates Superman being married with a kid but is fiercely protective of Wally/Linda and their kids. Didio was right about that being a problem though, can’t keep Superman and Batman young and let the Titans gen grow up.
    Alex Ross has a very strict view of the DCU, I read an interview of his. In his Justice book, he stated Firestorm's appearance was a mistake, so this checks out for him. I think the simplest solution is to say screw it. The DCU is almost a century old, there's no need to make everything make sense of be canon. Jon will be having his first decade special next year. If want to do a story set in the future, call it canon and contradict it later on, go ahead and do it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I hate this. Every anniversary or celebration of KC just reminds me I'm almost 30.
    Getting old (which 30 is most definitely not) is a blessing many wish they had.

Ross basically wants the Super Friends universe. Which is fine, we all have our favorite DCU. Justice was basically the pre-Crisis universe. But it also seems like a silly reason to turn down work. Now, if he thought management was screwing people over (which is what we kept hearing at the time) that would be one thing. He also wasn't a fan of the post-Crisis universe but still did work for it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It seems he didn't like modern DC and wasn't happy to not receive money or credit for the use of his designs in adaptations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Any speculation what he'd work on? I assume Superman but would it build on Kingdom Come or be a new separate project?
    Idk making covers? lol

I was speculating Ross could make a return at DC because he started liking and reposting Gunn's stuff and following him.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-12-2024 at 01:23 PM.

It seems he didn't like modern DC and wasn't happy to not receive money or credit for the use of his designs in adaptations.

Isk making covers? lol

I was speculating Ross could make a return to DC because he started liking and reposting Gunn's stuff and following him.
    This makes a lot more sense. I knew about the whole Stargirl thing.
    Assassinate Putin!

Idk making covers? lol

I was speculating Ross could make a return to DC because he started liking and reposting Gunn's stuff and following him.
    FYI his manager Sal handles all his social media accounts if my recollection is correct. That Ross is making a KC documentary does potentially mean DC has mended that bridge.

I don't think Waid would have liked how the New 52 handled Lois though.