All-New Member

Default DC Universe Infinite Back Catalogue

Have DC said anything about why they've stopped adding to their back catalogue on Infinite?

They used to add issues to a select group of series every week but that stopped a few months back. They were adding to pre-crisis Flash and Warlord at the time but there's been nothing of late.

Just a bit frustrating given how many large gaps there are particularly pre-crisis.

Even series which are mostly complete like Justice League of America or Batman & The Outsiders have odd gaps here and there.

DC is even worse when it comes to their Silver Age digital catalogue. Showcase, Adventure Comics, the Brave and the Bold and Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes are all still incomplete. It's really bizarre to not be able to read all of Dave Cockrum's Legion work digitally. But you can sure get the Threeboot issues. Individually or in trade. I just don't get it.

It's annoying. Even famous runs like Grell's Green Arrow had huge gaps last I checked.
    When they were adding comics every week, a lot of the times it was just some random runs and like 3-4 issues per week only.
    And they're incapable of releasing the app outside the US. They've announced it would come to other countries years ago and still nothing.
    This is one department where Marvel wins by a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It's annoying. Even famous runs like Grell's Green Arrow had huge gaps last I checked.
    When they were adding comics every week, a lot of the times it was just some random runs and like 3-4 issues per week only.
    And they're incapable of releasing the app outside the US. They've announced it would come to other countries years ago and still nothing.
    This is one department where Marvel wins by a landslide.
    I check like every month for an update on when it’s going to be available and it’s just crickets
    They’ve even stopped the “coming soon” announcements I used to see. Complete waste.

There's no excuse for this. The only reason content should be missing is if it involved a disgraced creator (Gerard Jones), is genuinely missing (which I wouldn't have thought is likely), or if it's culturally unsuitable (racist stereotypes). Also mature content if the app doesn't have an age limit. Anything else should just be a matter of time. Marvel had a several years head start on that and DC has simply never caught up. As for it not being available outside the US, that problem should've been stamped out when the video content moved to HBO Max.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's no excuse for this. The only reason content should be missing is if it involved a disgraced creator (Gerard Jones), is genuinely missing (which I wouldn't have thought is likely), or if it's culturally unsuitable (racist stereotypes). Also mature content if the app doesn't have an age limit. Anything else should just be a matter of time. Marvel had a several years head start on that and DC has simply never caught up. As for it not being available outside the US, that problem should've been stamped out when the video content moved to HBO Max.
    As soon as they changed the name and announced the shows moving I felt that we would get updates on the app soon since surely now they can focus on the comics side? But it’s been nothing. Very disappointing