Default Sitcom Characters in The Walking Dead Situation

Imagine The Walking Dead outbreak occurs in what we'll call the "Composite Sitcom Universe."

How do you think the characters of the composite sitcom world cope in the apocalyptic environment? Which characters do best? Who dies instantly? How do they react? Who holes up terrified? Who steps up to the plate?

Some ideas:

- The Friends cast.
    - The Cheers/Frasier cast.
    - The Big Bang Theory cast.
    - The How I Met Your Mother cast.
    - The Curb Your Enthusiasm cast.
    - The Roseanne/The Conners cast.
    - The My Name is Earl cast.
    - The Father Ted cast.
    - The Only Fools and Horses cast.
    - The Inbetweeners cast.
    - Any others you can think of...

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=KJS;6743242]Imagine The Walking Dead outbreak occurs in what we'll call the "Composite Sitcom Universe."

How do you think the characters of the composite sitcom world cope in the apocalyptic environment? Which characters do best? Who dies instantly? How do they react? Who holes up terrified? Who steps up to the plate?

Some ideas:

- The Friends cast.

I'll do the Friends cast...

Chandler- freaks out and gets killed.
    Monica- also freaks out and gets killed.
    Rachel -DEFINITELY freaks out and gets killed. She would also be a liability to the others due to her inability to handle the situation, so it's probably good that she dies quickly.

The only ones who have a chance to survive are:

Phoebe- she used to be homeless, so she has some survival skills. Also, she'd be likely to just accept the situation of "okay, they are zombies now. We have to deal with this."

Joey- seems athletic, will not overthink survival situations, and is less neurotic, and will also not argue with Pheobe's survival-based orders. (Chandler, Monica and Rachel will argue, hesitate and - thus- die).

Ross- though also prone to neuroticism and overthinking, he's also studied paleontology. He's likely to believe what he sees (and, like any good science geek, will develop a theory, or multiple ones, for what is going on). His explosive anger may actually prove to be an asset- as he actually has things he can unleash it on- namely zombies. Though he'll have some trouble after Rachel gets eaten by zombies.
    Last edited by Zagreus; 03-30-2024 at 11:40 AM.

If it takes place in a composite sitcom universe, then Steve Urkel builds a time-machine, goes back before the outbreak, and prevents it. Or accidentally turns out to be the one who caused it in the first place.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    If it takes place in a composite sitcom universe, then Steve Urkel builds a time-machine, goes back before the outbreak, and prevents it. Or accidentally turns out to be the one who caused it in the first place.
    Steve watches Patient Zero stagger off and start biting people. Everyone looks accusingly at Steve. "Eh-heh-heh... Did I do that?"

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

considering steve's intellect, he could easily whip up a cure.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Cast of Home Improvement might at least manage to make their neighborhood defensible with their mastery of various tools and construction methods and whatnot.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Ranma 1/2 is mostly a comedy about all the wacky situations and crazy people in Ranma's life. SO I'm thinking the Nermia area of Japan is going to be pretty safe unless Zombos can remember ki techniques.

There are probably other super-powered based sitcoms, but that's the one I've read recently.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Sabrina the Teenage Witch, I think, had an episode on this. Been a while since I watched it though.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Cast of Home Improvement might at least manage to make their neighborhood defensible with their mastery of various tools and construction methods and whatnot.
    Honestly, I'd say Red Green would somehow make a handy anti-zombie thingamajig out of random junk he can find and duct tape.

Samantha Stephens, Genie, and the Martian would tear threw zombies pretty easily.

The Nanny

Fran either gets the entire cast killed because of being obnoxiously loud, or her annoying laugh acts as a zombie deterrent, protecting her and the rest of the cast from zombie attacks. Somehow the Outbreak would all be Fran's fault.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Gilligan’s Island- The Castaways accept that “ Civilization” is doomed. Stop listening to the radio and learn to be happy where they are.