Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    That's interesting, because I think of her as a real actress with a ton of versatility. With the range she has, I can see her as an older hero, mom/aunt, villain ...
    Olivia Coleman was just in "Secret Invasion" and regardless of how that turned out, she worked just fine in the genre. Susan Sarandon was in "Blue Beetle" and Glenn Close was in "GotG" So yes, I think Streep could work in the right kind of superhero film.

Not really there's so many comic book Characters out there there's probably a good fit for everyone in Hollywood.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Dakota Johnson fit in just fine, she just hates that the movie wasn't a big hit and is backing away. Not really her fault that the studio picked a z-list character to do a movie about, didn't market it well and then wrote a kind of boring plot.
    From what I understand, from Johnson herself, it seems as if the script she signed onto bore no resemblance to what was eventually actually shot, so I don't think you can blame either her or her agent.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Olivia Coleman was just in "Secret Invasion" and regardless of how that turned out, she worked just fine in the genre. Susan Sarandon was in "Blue Beetle" and Glenn Close was in "GotG" So yes, I think Streep could work in the right kind of superhero film.
    Hear me out:

I’d paint Sarah Paulson blue and give her a white dress, then give Meryl Streep some shades and a walking stick.

There’s our MCU Mystique and Destiny.

I'd go Carla Gugino over Paulson, but I like where you're heading.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    From what I understand, from Johnson herself, it seems as if the script she signed onto bore no resemblance to what was eventually actually shot, so I don't think you can blame either her or her agent.
    Hm, not sure I can believe that she and her agent saw a good Madame Web script. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Hm, not sure I can believe that she and her agent saw a good Madame Web script. LOL.
    IKR? Dakota Johnson said she thought this movie was part of the MCU. Her agent and her were not paying much attention.

That Sony once had some masterpiece of a script for this movie is even harder to believe than the fact that we got a Madame Web movie at all.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I have a hard time imagining Meryl Streep doing a superhero movie. But I would have said the same about Robert Redford, Annette Bening or Michael Douglas so I may yet be surprised.
    Hey, if Glenn Close can...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    IKR? Dakota Johnson said she thought this movie was part of the MCU. Her agent and her were not paying much attention.

That Sony once had some masterpiece of a script for this movie is even harder to believe than the fact that we got a Madame Web movie at all.
    I don't think she was shown a masterpiece, just something a bit better than having large gushing open wounds.

I can kind of see Meryl as sort of a more 'classic'/Rosemary Harris-style Aunt May these days.

Although Harris is still around and seems to be in reasonably good health at age 96! This was her last year.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I can kind of see Meryl as sort of a more 'classic'/Rosemary Harris-style Aunt May these days.

Although Harris is still around and seems to be in reasonably good health at age 96! This was her last year.

She looks really good. Always loved her in the Raimi movies.

My hero! She is such a sweet lady.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I met her once. You could not ask to find a sweeter or nicer woman.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.