Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The second one would be really hilarious if Thor got involved in World War II on the side of the Allies. As for the first . . . a Hulk Clone Saga would be positively brutal.
    That arc in the old Hulk cartoon was pretty nasty yeah....

What if Moondragon became the host of the Phoenix Force instead of Jean Grey?
    What If Mar-vell never died?
    What IF Drax succeeded in killing Thanos?
    What If Gamora had stayed with Thanos and led The Black Order?

What if the Sentry had had a competent authorial direction from word go.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    What if the Sentry had had a competent authorial direction from word go.

:P
    I'd argue that he did, in the series that introduced him. after that. I agree, no one seemed to know what to do with him

What If Elektra and Matt Murdock never met in college?

I'd pay a lot to see this.

What if Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were part of the original X-Men?
    I suppose you'd need to give Magneto a couple of X-Men in trade. Iceman and Beast were the last two recruited I think. I expect Iceman would've even had the support to come out as a teenager, so strangely it might even have been a better situation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What if ... when Captain America formed the Kooky Quartet version of the Avengers, he also went to find Hulk and give him a second chance?
    Avengers #16 actually had two of the greatest What If scenarios I've always wanted to see. What If Namor had accepted Iron Man's invite to join the Avengers? And What if Cap's Kooky Quartet (the Avengers) has succeded in recruiting the Hulk, as Iron Man sugested? Both would have changed completly the chemestry of the team, the interpersonal relationships and even the Avengers ability to face the challenges they faced, for, in both cases, they would still have a member that was one of the strongest manlike creatures on the face of the Earth (as well as a flyer, in Namor's case), changing completely the balance of power in the team. I can't believe Marvel never thought to do that one in the original series.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    What if Thor got involved in World War 2
    He did, and it was not a What If story (only if, as someone else suggested, it was at the allies side). It was in Invaders vol. 01 #32-33. Only he was working for Hitler (until the Invaders made him come to his senses).

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What if ... when trying to save his mother during college, instead of being disfigured, Doom was sucked into hell itself?
    There's so much material to mine from that 'mom in hell' thing!

What if Cynthia von Doom was rescued / escaped from hell, but now has here witchity-foo augmented by infernal secrets (and a hard attitude, like Madelyne Pryor turned up to 11).

What if Victor succeeded in busting her out of Hell, at the price of being trapped there in her place, and she's now the Queen of Latveria, forming a powerful coven on other disenfranchised mystics, like mutant mage (and fellow Romani!) Wanda Maximoff, and mutant Ilyanna Rasputin, to channel mystical power to Victor, who is fighting a war in hell *to take over the place.* She's not sure if Victor would approve of her turning Latveria into a mutant sanctuary state (to harness their power and take advantage of how other nations are ostracizing them), as well as a more magic-friendly place, a sort of 'new New Salem,' for folk like Salem's Seven to work openly and not worry about persecution.

What if she *wasn't* recued from hell, but *she's* the one who is taking over, or *has taken over* the place. Momma Von Doom as the new Mephisto of the setting!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There's so much material to mine from that 'mom in hell' thing!

What if Cynthia von Doom was rescued / escaped from hell, but now has here witchity-foo augmented by infernal secrets (and a hard attitude, like Madelyne Pryor turned up to 11).

What if Victor succeeded in busting her out of Hell, at the price of being trapped there in her place, and she's now the Queen of Latveria, forming a powerful coven on other disenfranchised mystics, like mutant mage (and fellow Romani!) Wanda Maximoff, and mutant Ilyanna Rasputin, to channel mystical power to Victor, who is fighting a war in hell *to take over the place.* She's not sure if Victor would approve of her turning Latveria into a mutant sanctuary state (to harness their power and take advantage of how other nations are ostracizing them), as well as a more magic-friendly place, a sort of 'new New Salem,' for folk like Salem's Seven to work openly and not worry about persecution.

What if she *wasn't* recued from hell, but *she's* the one who is taking over, or *has taken over* the place. Momma Von Doom as the new Mephisto of the setting!
    I like those ideas.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    He did, and it was not a What If story (only if, as someone else suggested, it was at the allies side). It was in Invaders vol. 01 #32-33. Only he was working for Hitler (until the Invaders made him come to his senses).

Peace
    Did not know that, thanks. I was thinking for that What If, Captain America got frozen in Niflheim lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Did not know that, thanks. I was thinking for that What If, Captain America got frozen in Niflheim lol
    Hmmm Cap in the 9 Realms has quite some potential. There was an arc where he got stuck in Alfheim for a while.

has "What If? The Avengers never found Captain America" been done yet?

I'd be intrigued to see how things would play out differently without his presence.
    something tells me things would be a lot more disjointed in terms of diverging agendas, different trajectories etc for a lot of individuals and teams... for example, think of all the guset spots he's had in other books to boost sales for a new char... um, I mean, help and/or encourage a new character, and how many of those would have gone differently if he hadn't shown up... no Unity Squad etc... would this government eventually have the Avengers hunting mutants?

New ideas. Though some might have happened or already been asked.

What If the Hulk's spaceship didn't explode on Sakaar and he stayed with his wife and raised Skaar?

What If there was a Teen Titans version of the Squadron Sinister/Supreme that fought the Young Avengers? Could have made a funny rogues gallery for them.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    New ideas. Though some might have happened or already been asked.

What If the Hulk's spaceship didn't explode on Sakaar and he stayed with his wife and raised Skaar?

What If there was a Teen Titans version of the Squadron Sinister/Supreme that fought the Young Avengers? Could have made a funny rogues gallery for them.
    The Young Squadron from Heroes Reborn could be a good base to build off, I'd think.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    has "What If? The Avengers never found Captain America" been done yet?

I'd be intrigued to see how things would play out differently without his presence.
    something tells me things would be a lot more disjointed in terms of diverging agendas, different trajectories etc for a lot of individuals and teams... for example, think of all the guset spots he's had in other books to boost sales for a new char... um, I mean, help and/or encourage a new character, and how many of those would have gone differently if he hadn't shown up... no Unity Squad etc... would this government eventually have the Avengers hunting mutants?
    ^^^Well Hell, right off the bat, would the Avengers even exist?
    It was Cap who kept the team going when Tony, Thor, Hank, and Janet all quit.