Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hmmm...like What If Storm stayed in Africa, turned evil and became the kind of super villain Magneto used to be?

What If Xavier became the villain/terrorist and Magneto was the one who stood up to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    What If Xavier became the villain/terrorist and Magneto was the one who stood up to him?
    I guess Xavier wants to force peace through mind control while Magneto became a pacifist.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-07-2024 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess Xavier wants to force peace through mind control while Magneto became a pacifist.
    not quite what I had in mind, I guess I should have been more clear... I meant it more like, Xavier is the one who thinks mutants are the next step in evolution and humanity has become obsolete/inferior to them

What If the Young Avengers and Champions grew up and replaced the mainline Avengers as adults? Same with Franklin, Valeria, Jo-Venn, and N'Kalla as the new Fantastic Four. Spider-Man retired with Mayday being born. A new X-Men team with the grown up Academy X students like Surge and Hellion. What If time actually passed since the Marvel universe began to today with the ages? That's a What If I'd love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    What If the Young Avengers and Champions grew up and replaced the mainline Avengers as adults? Same with Franklin, Valeria, Jo-Venn, and N'Kalla as the new Fantastic Four. Spider-Man retired with Mayday being born. A new X-Men team with the grown up Academy X students like Surge and Hellion. What If time actually passed since the Marvel universe began to today with the ages? That's a What If I'd love to see.
    That was called MU2, in the 90's (2000s?). Spider-Girl, A-Next, Wild Thing and the X-People, the Fantastic Five, etc... I loved it. Saddly, not enough people did, so, except for Spider-Girl, it didn't go very far. On a cuirious note, the whole thing did start on a What If issue.

Peace

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    That was called MU2, in the 90's (2000s?). Spider-Girl, A-Next, Wild Thing and the X-People, the Fantastic Five, etc... I loved it. Saddly, not enough people did, so, except for Spider-Girl, it didn't go very far. On a cuirious note, the whole thing did start on a What If issue.

Peace
    Indeed, "What If Spider-Man's Daughter Had Lived?" Issue 105. The beginning of a modern legend. That said, it does seem like Spider-Man analogues are a great foundation on which to begin and spin out new iterations of the Marvel Universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

not quite what I had in mind, I guess I should have been more clear... I meant it more like, Xavier is the one who thinks mutants are the next step in evolution and humanity has become obsolete/inferior to them
    I understood that part, I was just describing what I thought their methods are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    A-Next deserved way more respect then it gets. So many fun ideas came from that. It's also cool it started as a "What If"

What if Jessica Jones was bitten by the spider instead Peter?
    What if Wakanda got involved in World War 2?
    What if Mystique had an origins story?
    What if Spider-Man decided to stay as a wrestler?
    What if the Kree created Captain America's super soldier serum?

A-Next deserved way more respect then it gets. So many fun ideas came from that. It's also cool it started as a "What If"
    True. They were my favorite. Such a cool book.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I understood that part, I was just describing what I thought their methods are.
    I would tend to think this Xavier would have Cerebro modified to attack humans in some capacity, with Magneto leading the mutants who disagree and want to stop what he's trying to do. why would he want peace if he thinks we're inferior?

I would tend to think this Xavier would have Cerebro modified to attack humans in some capacity, with Magneto leading the mutants who disagree and want to stop what he's trying to do. why would he want peace if he thinks we're inferior?
    He's a telepath, he could take over the world via mind control.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    What if Jessica Jones was bitten by the spider instead Peter?
    What if Wakanda got involved in World War 2?
    What if Mystique had an origins story?
    What if Spider-Man decided to stay as a wrestler?
    What if the Kree created Captain America's super soldier serum?
    I could see Jessica Jones getting bitten by a spider that was exposed to whatever strange chemicals spilled out in the truck collision that killed her family, kind of like the "Anarchic Spider-Man"/Spider-Punk version of Hobie Brown. Wakanda making itself known in World War II would be very compelling, especially given the sociopolitical/cultural climate in that era regarding members of the African diaspora. The Kree being secretly responsible for Project Rebirth's Super-Soldier Serum reminds me of how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the first season harvested the biofluids of a Kree corpse to make a regenerative formula that could revive the recently dead.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

With talks of Super Soldiers I have one, though it might have been mentioned before or something like it. What If Isaiah Bradley was the real Captain America frozen in ice and essentially in Steve Rogers place? The history of Captain America, the mantle, and the position itself would be turned on it's head way more then when Sam Wilson took over.