Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    People being mad this book exists remind me of all the whiny poons who cry every time Logan gets a new series. Just don’t read it. You can even say you’re not going to read it because it’s not your cup of tea. But then move the f@&$ on. Damn. Stop trying to scream into the void until it magically makes the offending book go away. That never works. I tried it once.
    Yes complaining about a book having a bait and switch title is just like complaining there are too many Wolverine comics. Come on man give me a break. How would you feel if Wolverine was cancelled and years later they bring it back. But when you get it it’s an Elsie Dee origin story with just her no Albert no Wolverine no even mention of them. Do you think maybe you’d be a bit upset?

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Cool fan fiction you wrote about my statement bro. Do you always tell people their thoughts so you can paint them in a poor light? Maybe try having an argument. Because sorry but when I think comics it not this.

And it has everything to do with what I grew up reading as comics and nothing to do with me otherizing Manga. Just like me not considering NASCAR a sport isn’t me otherizing nascar fans.
    It’s literally a comic by every definition of the word though - that’s my point. The only thing that makes it different to any other comic on the shelf is that it’s written and drawn by a Japanese person.

If you don’t like her style, then that’s fine, but you can just say that. There are plenty of comic creators I don’t care for, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to say they’re not making comics.

Yes complaining about a book having a bait and switch title is just like complaining there are too many Wolverine comics. Come on man give me a break. How would you feel if Wolverine was cancelled and years later they bring it back. But when you get it it’s an Elsie Dee origin story with just her no Albert no Wolverine no even mention of them. Do you think maybe you’d be a bit upset?
    False choice. You act like there aren’t lots of other X-men books to choose from. Simply ignore this one and buy the ones that feature actual X-men characters you care about since it wasn’t what you wanted. The better equivalent would be if they’re still publishing 616 Wolverine books, and he still appears everywhere too like he does, and then there’s this alternate universe Ultimate Wolverine book that comes out which features a 12-year old Japanese girl running around as Wolverine. Disappointing? Sure. You like Logan as Wolverine. So do I. I’d probably say, “not for me” in the thread about it, and then vote with my wallet and move on. Because there are plenty of other options for me featuring Logan.

Like I said, if this was the only X-men book being published — the only place you could get your X-men fix — I would get the hate, but it’s not. So be disappointed. Or “upset” as you put it. But let it go. It’s healthier for you.

Some friendly advice, which you are obviously free to ignore and keep right on expending your energy hating on this book’s existence. I’m just gonna wait it out. Eventually, it will end.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    It’s literally a comic by every definition of the word though - that’s my point. The only thing that makes it different to any other comic on the shelf is that it’s written and drawn by a Japanese person.

If you don’t like her style, then that’s fine, but you can just say that. There are plenty of comic creators I don’t care for, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to say they’re not making comics.
    Can I say it is not what I picture when I go to buy a Marvel Comic? I really am not trying to be dismissive. It’s just in my experience manga fans and comic fans were there own friend groups without much overlap. But apologies for not saying that and getting defensive.

False choice. You act like there aren’t lots of other X-men books to choose from. Simply ignore this one and buy the ones that feature actual X-men characters you care about since it wasn’t what you wanted. The better equivalent would be if they’re still publishing 616 Wolverine books, and he still appears everywhere too like he does, and then there’s this alternate universe Ultimate Wolverine book that comes out which features a 12-year old Japanese girl running around as Wolverine. Disappointing? Sure. You like Logan as Wolverine. So do I. I’d probably say, “not for me” in the thread about it, and then vote with my wallet and move on. Because there are plenty of other options for me featuring Logan.

Like I said, if this was the only X-men book being published — the only place you could get your X-men fix — I would get the hate, but it’s not. So be disappointed. Or “upset” as you put it. But let it go. It’s healthier for you.

Some friendly advice, which you are obviously free to ignore and keep right on expending your energy hating on this book’s existence. I’m just gonna wait it out. Eventually, it will end.
    I’m going to say this for what seems like the millionth time the main line X-Men books aren’t like the Ultimate books. That’s the false choice. I can’t go read the Ultimate Wolverine solo instead or Ultimate X-Force. That would be like telling Ultimates fans just read Avengers it’s the same.

Then carry on I guess. This book ain’t for me so I’ll see myself out of this thread.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Then carry on I guess. This book ain’t for me so I’ll see myself out of this thread.
    I’m doing the same. I’m just venting my disappointment but I’m not the type to drag this series every issue.

I’m going to say this for what seems like the millionth time the main line X-Men books aren’t like the Ultimate books. That’s the false choice. I can’t go read the Ultimate Wolverine solo instead or Ultimate X-Force. That would be like telling Ultimates fans just read Avengers it’s the same.
    This IS what Ultimate X-Men is though. And even if they went in a more traditional manner, it still wouldn’t be the same as the old Ultimate X-men, so that ship had already sailed. Just like Hickman’s USM, as good as it is, is hardly the same thing as Bendis’s in any way shape or form. Telling “Ultimates fans” to read Avengers is no different than telling them to read this new Ultimates book, because neither one of them is the Ultimates they fell in love with 20 years ago.