Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Synch is noticeably missing. He was one of the more prominent faces this era

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I certainly hope that the Cover for #700 indicated a full return to service by Banshee.
    He’s been so ignored.
    Me too as he's always been one of my favorite X-Men. I'd also like to see Sunfire and John Proudstar aka Thuderbird both get more positive attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Sounds about right.

X-Men (1963-1980) #1-141 = LGY #1-141
    Uncanny X-Men (1980-2011) #142-544 = LGY #142-544
    Uncanny X-Men (2011-2012) #1-20 = LGY #545-564
    Uncanny X-Men (2013-2015) #1-35 = LGY #565-599
    Uncanny X-Men #600 (2015) = LGY #600
    Uncanny X-Men (2016-2017) #1-19 = LGY #601-619
    Uncanny X-Men (2018-2019) #1-22 = #LGY 620-644
    Uncanny X-Men War of the Realms #1-3 (2019) = #LGY 635-637
    X-Men (2019-2021) #1-21 = LGY #645-665
    X-Men (2021-2024) #1-35 = #LGY 666-700
    It's amusing that they don't count both Uncanny X-Men #-1 and Uncanny X-Men #534.1

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    It's amusing that they don't count both Uncanny X-Men #-1 and Uncanny X-Men #534.1
    I can see the rationale in that those are treated more like oneshots, almost like annuals (which themselves are not included)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Synch is noticeably missing. He was one of the more prominent faces this era
    He is arguably the main character missing. I'd add Destiny and Sunspot.

But its gorgeous either way. Too many great characters to get them all.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The response to this image definitely has me curious now.

In your nerdy mind's eye, what does a tribute to the Krakoa era look like to everyone?

It feels appropriate to include prominent images of the architects --Xavier, Magneto and Moira, and subsequent leaders --The Quiet Council members, and of course the War Captains and the Five.
    Arakko is essential -- but I'd be curious to know WHICH Arakki get featured over others. Would Nova make the cut as an honorary Arakki? Craig of NASA?
    Somehow, someway, it would be lovely to see representation from the various and beloved "teams" that formed during Krakoa's reign: X-Factor, the Marauders, X-Force, Excalibur, the Hellions, etc.
    Maddie Pryor's revival and ascension feels worthy to include.

The X-Men proper, oddly, is the toughest for me to conceptualize among all the potential content/showcasing given the roster rotation? And SOME of their placement within the Krakoan experience could be applied to other areas (Council, Captains, Marauders, etc)

Fantastic Member

This looks like they are all following Magneto to watch him dump Charles off a cliff

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'd also like to see Sunfire and John Proudstar aka Thuderbird both get more positive attention.
    Maybe we will get a reunion of this team for the 50th anniversary of the Giant-Size next year (the 1975 gang is complete after all, since John is back from the dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    This looks like they are all following Magneto to watch him dump Charles off a cliff
    Lol. A remake of this meme.

a4ae6179eea326446ca76835b4b1b748girl-in-wheelchair-thrown-off-the-cliff.jpg
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 03-07-2024 at 09:14 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Maybe we will get a reunion of this team for the 50th anniversary of the Giant-Size next year (the 1975 gang is complete after all since John is back from the dead).

Lol. A remake of this meme.

a4ae6179eea326446ca76835b4b1b748girl-in-wheelchair-thrown-off-the-cliff.jpg
    YAS YAS YAS!!!!!!! someone needs to Photoshop that NOW!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Larraz's response when someone asked about the lack of POC characters

Screenshot 2024-03-07 10.35.53 AM.jpg
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

Please dont tell me he's counting Emma, Banshee and Gateway as Gen X represetation

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh nice catch. Happy to see her there.

The art is wonderful, but agree some of the character choices seem odd. Gateway, Banshee, Cannonball, Gabby, and Angel have played pretty minor parts in Krakoa.

Personally would have loved to see Kwannon (Hellions), Moonstar (New Mutants), Destiny (Immortal), Synch (X-Men) and Monet (Uncanny Avengers) as more representative of the era. Heck, Ms Marvel considering how much she's been pushed this era seems a strange omisson.

But oh well, it's not that big of a deal, that's just my nitpick.
    Maybe it's indicative of the future direction of the characters. In Mutant Menace #1, Kamala asks herself if she should go back to her old colours. And a villain just so happens to have had her original costume remade! I bet she's going to acquire that and revert to it. She'll still be a mutant, but no longer an active X-Man - and if she doesn't have her own book will be in the spider books (she can count both Peter and Miles as allies now, and seems to be in Miles's supporting cast currently, having been in Peter's pre-Hellfire Gala). If she's not on the new teams, I can understand them not including her on the covers.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Pogg was the first odd choice to pop out to me. Also is that Bei riding him or Hazmat hahaha.
    Hazmat isn't a mutant though? She has been used in this era, but in Captain Marvel, which of course is an Avengers office title, not an X book.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    "Continue to witness the final epic moments of Krakoa in the pages of FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X and RISE OF THE POWERS OF X and stay tuned in the coming weeks to learn what will rise from the ashes!"

So if this issue comes out on June 5th does that mean new era books will drop during the rest of June?
    I don't think so. I think a mini or two will have an issue left to finish. Ms. Marvel Mutant Menace is in that situation, it's first issue was just out yesterday, so issue 4 is either the same day as X-Men #700 or after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It's also interesting how pretty much everyone is sporting their Krakoa-era looks but Magneto is in his classic costume and Charles is in a wheelchair instead of his perv bodysuit and Cerebro helmet. Might be purely symbolic on Larraz's part obviously.
    Yeah, Cyclops in his initial Krakoa costume even though he reverted to the 90s look again too.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Funny, most of them played a role during the Krakoa age. I just don't get that Pixie is there, she was just a background filler.
    Yeah, the most memorable thing Pixie did in this era wasn't even in an X book - she teleported Cyclops to collect the Champions (whose book is Avengers office), who were being chased by Roxxon during the Outlawed event, and then took the team to the Marauder so they could regroup and come up with a plan to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Are they counting a mini? Did the regular Uncanny X-Men stop while the War of the Realms mini was coming out? Seems kinda odd to count it.
    Not odd at all. Avengers No Road Home (the sequel to No Surrender) was included in the Avengers legacy numbering, causing Aaron's run to suddenly jump 10 issues in the legacy numbering. It's just something they were doing in the Marvel Legacy and fresh Start eras.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yes, the mini came out alongside the main title, with the mini using the legacy numbers #635-637 between issues #15 and #16. Almost all Marvel legacy numbers should have an asterisk beside them because they even pulled this stunt with some minis retroactively.
    They should do an updated set of graphics like they did for Marvel Legacy. Some major titles like Fantastic Four never had one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The response to this image definitely has me curious now.

In your nerdy mind's eye, what does a tribute to the Krakoa era look like to everyone?

It feels appropriate to include prominent images of the architects --Xavier, Magneto and Moira, and subsequent leaders --The Quiet Council members, and of course the War Captains and the Five.
    Arakko is essential -- but I'd be curious to know WHICH Arakki get featured over others. Would Nova make the cut as an honorary Arakki? Craig of NASA?
    Somehow, someway, it would be lovely to see representation from the various and beloved "teams" that formed during Krakoa's reign: X-Factor, the Marauders, X-Force, Excalibur, the Hellions, etc.
    Maddie Pryor's revival and ascension feels worthy to include.

The X-Men proper, oddly, is the toughest for me to conceptualize among all the potential content/showcasing given the roster rotation? And SOME of their placement within the Krakoan experience could be applied to other areas (Council, Captains, Marauders, etc)
    Quiet Council: Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Destiny, Mystique, Exodus, Sinister, Selene. Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Shadowcat, Storm, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Colossus

War Captains: Cyclops, Bishop, Magik, Gorgon, Psylocke

The Five: Hope, Egg, Tempus, Elixir, Proteus

Fan Vote: Polaris, Firestar, Juggernaut (so redic)

Dead X-Men: Cannonball, Frenzy, Jubilee, Prodigy, Dazzler

X-Men: Synch, X-23, Rogue, Sunfire, Iceman, Forge, Rasputin

Cypher & Bei

Excalibur/KoX/CB: Captain Britain, Rictor, Askani

Hellions/Dark X-Men: Greycrow, Havok, Madeline Pryor

X-Force: Domino, Quentin Quire, Wolverine

X-Factor/Alpha Flight: Northstar, Aurora, Daken

Sword/Red: Abigail Brand, Sunspot, Rockslide

Honorable Mention: Gambit, Manifold, Moonstar, Warpath, Thunderbird, Angel, M/Penance, Ms. Marvel, Vulcan, Cable, Tempo, Sage

Villains: Nimrod, Omega Sentinel, Dr. Stasis, Mother Righteous, Orbis Stellar, Enigma, MODAK, Sabretooth, Nature Girl, Beast, Moira McTaggert (sigh)
    Last edited by NewMutant; 03-07-2024 at 02:22 PM.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

I'm glad he replied and owned it.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    someone needs to Photoshop that NOW!
    8ieavw.jpg

8ie73c.jpg