Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default UNCANNY X-MEN #700 Bids Farewell to the Krakoan Age

This June, creators from the X-Men’s past, present, and future come together to bid a final farewell to the Krakoan Age in 'X-Men' #35, the milestone 700th issue of Uncanny X-Men! Read more: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...le-uncanny-700

X-MEN #35 (LEGACY #700)
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN, KIERON GILLEN, AL EWING, CHRIS CLAREMONT & GAIL SIMONE
    Art by PHIL NOTO, JOSHUA CASSARA, LUCAS WERNECK, JEROME OPEÑA, STEFANO CASELLI, WALTER SIMONSON, LEINIL FRANCIS YU & MORE
    Wraparound Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
    On Sale 6/5
    Last edited by Luckystar.; 03-06-2024 at 12:14 PM.

gahd damn thats such a cool spread. Just missing a GenXer IMO

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This June, creators from the X-Men’s past, present, and future come together to bid a final farewell to the Krakoan Age in 'X-Men' #35, the milestone 700th issue of Uncanny X-Men! Read more: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...le-uncanny-700

X-MEN #35 (LEGACY #700)
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN, KIERON GILLEN, AL EWING, CHRIS CLAREMONT & GAIL SIMONE
    Art by PHIL NOTO, JOSHUA CASSARA, LUCAS WERNECK, JEROME OPEÑA, STEFANO CASELLI, WALTER SIMONSON, LEINIL FRANCIS YU & MORE
    Wraparound Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
    On Sale 6/5
    Great art. Some of the characters depicted though, are ...... odd choices for a major anniversary issue. Or more accuratly some of these choices are odd in that they are choosen over other characters that SHOULD be on this poster......

Also now am wondering who is flying the blackbird. Most of its normal pilots are already on the cover. Cyclops, Wolvie, Rouge, Jean, who else has flown it over the years... I know a lot but how many have pilots license or know I wonder.
    Last edited by dragon1440; 03-06-2024 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    For real... though, where's Mystique and Destiny? Some of the character choices seem a bit odd. Like, wtf did Gateway do in the Krakoan age?

well its for the end of the krakoa era so it makes sense

Mystique is right there

well its for the end of the krakoa era so it makes sense

Mystique is right there
    Apparently I'm getting blind in my old age.

pretty much confirms gail simone is part of the new era

Incredible Member

Gateway was in a few issues related to Penance wasnt he? Does that count.

Extraordinary Member

Pogg-ur-Pogg is an interesting choice, for instance. Dani, Roberto, and Karma are conspicuously absent from the New Mutants. Any of them could have taken Kid Cable's place. Aldo neither Proudstar brother is there.

Illyana riding on Piotr's shoulder is a cute touch.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 03-06-2024 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Great art. Some of the characters depicted though, are ...... odd choices for a major anniversary issue. Or more accuratly some of these choices are odd in that they are choosen over other characters that SHOULD be on this poster......

Also now am wondering who is flying the blackbird. Most of its normal pilots are already on the cover. Cyclops, Wolvie, Rouge, Jean, who else has flown it over the years... I know a lot but how many have pilots license or know I wonder.
    My thoughts exactly. While I love the cover, my personal preference would've been a celebratory Uncanny X-Men cover showing only people who have been members of the Uncanny X-Men. That crocodile is so distracting... haha
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

'X-Men' #35, the milestone 700th issue of Uncanny X-Men!
    None of this statement makes any kind of logical sense.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

omfg i just notice Jerome Opena listed. PLEASE PLEASE be an artist in the new era.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

That's a nice cover. Of course my eye was immediately drawn to Gambit breaking the 4th wall lol
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member

The cover is mostly meant to show people who have been important during the Krakoa era, not throughout X-Men history. That's the real reason these specific villains and people like Gabby are there and Moira is so close to Charles and Eric. Still doesn't explain Pogg's presense or why Sunspot isn't there given how major he's been in Red.

Definitely beautiful Larraz art but yeah there’s a lot of glaring omissions. Kwannon probably had the biggest glowup in the Krakoa era and was consistently used but not there? Destiny, Rachel and Monet as well.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!