Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Who is that riding the Blackbird?
    Deadpool. Is Krakoa pulling a groot? I am guessing the flowerpot is Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Someone said Gateway was minding his business meditating and this parade started going by. Now I can't unsee it. LOL!
    That’s true because he loves to hover but he doesn’t travel like that lol

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Blame the editors. They pick who's on the cover. Thats what Mark Brooks insinuated. They just get to draw what version appeals to them most.
    Pepe confirms on X it was his choice who to feature.

It's a beautiful cover and I'm looking forward to the issue. That said there's a few character omissions that are strange.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The cover is mostly meant to show people who have been important during the Krakoa era, not throughout X-Men history. That's the real reason these specific villains and people like Gabby are there and Moira is so close to Charles and Eric. Still doesn't explain Pogg's presense or why Sunspot isn't there given how major he's been in Red.
    Gabby probably had one of the worst Krakoa's out of characters that were featured prominently in the 2010s. She had one arc about her family not giving a damn about her, and then proceeded to disappear during a crazy mutant crisis... seemingly confirming that her family does in fact not give a damn about her.

But tbh I'm not reading into it too much... covers are random sometimes. Uncanny X-Men #600 went down the route of showcasing random costumes from different eras and timelines: https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...x-men_2013_600

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Also, why is Pixie so small that it looks like Banshee is about to eat her?
    The perspectives are a little off. Laura is significantly taller than QQ and the Cuckoos, Kurt's looking kinda small, etc. Honestly I'm sure it's challenging to get all these characters in one cover and I'm just glad we're getting one last cover by Pepe.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 03-06-2024 at 03:47 PM.

Gorgeous piece!

Illyana & Piotr

Fantastic Member

Thank God! Can finally put this to bed.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Deadpool. Is Krakoa pulling a groot? I am guessing the flowerpot is Krakoa.
    This cracked me up a little. I now imagine Krakoa living on in a vase at the Xavier Institute.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Love the cover. I'm glad to see Betsy here but surprised that there's no Kwannon, The Five, Bishop, Genesis and the Four Horsemen, or even Vulcan's team. Though, I'm sure there are variant covers not yet revealed, so there's still hope for some of these characters, especially Psylocke who always gets a solo variant in this Krakoan Age.

Well, looking forward to another era to come and hoping for the best.
    Peerless and Fearless

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Gabby probably had one of the worst Krakoa's out of characters that were featured prominently in the 2010s. She had one arc about her family not giving a damn about her, and then proceeded to disappear during a crazy mutant crisis... seemingly confirming that her family does in fact not give a damn about her.

But tbh I'm not reading into it too much... covers are random sometimes. Uncanny X-Men #600 went down the route of showcasing random costumes from different eras and timelines: https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...x-men_2013_600

The perspectives are a little off. Laura is significantly taller than QQ and the Cuckoos, Kurt's looking kinda small, etc. Honestly I'm sure it's challenging to get all these characters in one cover and I'm just glad we're getting one last cover by Pepe.
    I think that's one of the reasons why I don't like it. It looks a little messy and wonky as if not much thought went into the composition. Larraz has done far better.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Marvel has heard your critiques and will update the artwork with more influential characters. Come printing day, this will be the version they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

LOL@Mercury's little head.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Its nice to see Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Jean, and Beast in their current Krakoan duds. I wish they all interacted together and friendlier... that was the reunion I was looking for (in these uniforms).

I wish he drew Emma in her HoX dress.

I am grateful Ms.Marvel was not included. I would have been more pissed seeing her there and not Synch.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    If Hickman had wrapped up the Krakoa era as planned, I think I'd be a bit more bummed to say goodbye to it. Despite Ewing and Gillen's efforts, the last few years felt kind of stagnant. So, I'm actually more pumped about whatever comes next. If anything, Claremont writing anything Krakoa-related will be entertaining to say the least.

Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 #1-544
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 #1-20
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 #1-35, #600
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4 #1-19
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 5 #1-15
    War of the Realms: Uncanny X-Men Vol. 1 #1-3
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 5 #16-22
    X-Men Vol. 5 #1-21
    X-Men Vol. 6 #1-35
    Are they counting a mini? Did the regular Uncanny X-Men stop while the War of the Realms mini was coming out? Seems kinda odd to count it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    My thoughts exactly. While I love the cover, my personal preference would've been a celebratory Uncanny X-Men cover showing only people who have been members of the Uncanny X-Men. That crocodile is so distracting... haha
    i was wondering what that was doing there….🤔