Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Hahahaha! That's great.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I certainly hope that the Cover for #700 indicated a full return to service by Banshee.
    He’s been so ignored.
    I doubt it. It's probably just because he looks good. He'll definitely be back either dead or being wallpaper right after this.

Where's he been the past few months?

I wonder with all the discussion of no POC characters on the cover if Marvel is gonna have more variants with more POC charcters.

I mean they should. It would be smart.

Edit: Just saw the tweet of Pepe owning it so I do appreciate that.
    Last edited by CGAR; 03-07-2024 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Quiet Council: Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Destiny, Mystique, Exodus, Sinister, Selene. Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Shadowcat, Storm, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Colossus

War Captains: Cyclops, Bishop, Magik, Gorgon, Psylocke

The Five: Hope, Egg, Tempus, Elixir, Proteus

Fan Vote: Polaris, Firestar, Juggernaut (so redic)

Dead X-Men: Cannonball, Frenzy, Jubilee, Prodigy, Dazzler

X-Men: Synch, X-23, Rogue, Sunfire, Iceman, Forge, Rasputin

Cypher & Bei

Excalibur/KoX/CB: Captain Britain, Rictor, Askani

Hellions/Dark X-Men: Greycrow, Havok, Madeline Pryor

X-Force: Domino, Quentin Quire, Sage

X-Factor/Alpha Flight: Norther, Aurora, Daken

Sword/Red: Abigail Brand, Sunspot, Rockslide

Honorable Mention: Gambit, Manifold, Moonstar, Warpath, Thunderbird, Angel, M/Penance, Ms. Marvel, Vulcan, Tempo, Sabretooth

Villains: Nimrod, Omega Sentinel, Dr. Stasis, Mother Righteous, Orbis Stellar, Enigma, MODAK, Nature Girl, Beast, Moira McTaggert (sigh)
    [slips this carefully thought out list into his jacket pocket]

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The response to this image definitely has me curious now.

In your nerdy mind's eye, what does a tribute to the Krakoa era look like to everyone?

It feels appropriate to include prominent images of the architects --Xavier, Magneto and Moira, and subsequent leaders --The Quiet Council members, and of course the War Captains and the Five.
    Arakko is essential -- but I'd be curious to know WHICH Arakki get featured over others. Would Nova make the cut as an honorary Arakki? Craig of NASA?
    Somehow, someway, it would be lovely to see representation from the various and beloved "teams" that formed during Krakoa's reign: X-Factor, the Marauders, X-Force, Excalibur, the Hellions, etc.
    Maddie Pryor's revival and ascension feels worthy to include.

The X-Men proper, oddly, is the toughest for me to conceptualize among all the potential content/showcasing given the roster rotation? And SOME of their placement within the Krakoan experience could be applied to other areas (Council, Captains, Marauders, etc)
    For me a fitting tribute to the Krakoa age would be a stinky disgusting garbage barge set on fire slowly sailing its way out to sea. A hot disgusting mess that I hope I never have to sit through again.

Damn, SturdyMike! Tell us how you really feel. Lol.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    For me a fitting tribute to the Krakoa age would be a stinky disgusting garbage barge set on fire slowly sailing its way out to sea. A hot disgusting mess that I hope I never have to sit through again.
    - Moira MacTaggert, post-game interview, 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

[QUOTE=Fokken;6745394][slips this carefully thought out list into his jacket pocket][
    Dead X-men; those guys are dead?��

They were blown up at the Hellfire Gala, Xavier resurrected them but everyone else except Rachel thinks they're dead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They were blown up at the Hellfire Gala, Xavier resurrected them but everyone else except Rachel thinks they're dead.
    was that ever explained without the Five around?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    was that ever explained without the Five around?
    The Five actually resurrected them in the WHR, they forced Mother Righteous to retrieve their souls after Rachel selected them for her team.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The Five actually resurrected them in the WHR, they forced Mother Righteous to retrieve their souls after Rachel selected them for her team.
    Im confused.

1. Rachel has made contact with the mutants lost in the WHR? I know she knows about them, but she's actually interacting with them?

2. I thought Hope was the only one in the WHR. Were the other 4 shown? How were they able to be resurrected without access to Sinister's DNA bank in there?

3. If the Five can resurrect people in the WHR and Rachel plucked them out, why doesnt she do that with everyone? Why is that even still a dangling plotline?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im confused.

1. Rachel has made contact with the mutants lost in the WHR? I know she knows about them, but she's actually interacting with them?

2. I thought Hope was the only one in the WHR. Were the other 4 shown? How were they able to be resurrected without access to Sinister's DNA bank in there?

3. If the Five can resurrect people in the WHR and Rachel plucked them out, why doesnt she do that with everyone? Why is that even still a dangling plotline?
    Ok so spoilers for Rise #2 for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

spoilers:
    1. The Mother Righteous in the WHR is an avatar created by the real Mother Righteous. Xavier somehow (hasn't been shown yet) captured the real MR and they use her to communicate with the MR in the WHR. Xavier tasked Rachel with the mission in Dead X-Men and she communicated through MR that she wanted that team resurrected. Hope made sure it happened.

2. The Five are all in the WHR and were shown in Immortal X-Men. The MR in the WHR can access the Waiting Room and that's how they've been able to resurrect mutants again, but in the WHR only. They started resurrecting people in Immortal.

3. Well there's really nowhere to pluck them to because right now Xavier and Rachel (and Rasputin) are hiding from Enigma in No Place-X which is outside time and space. I guess theoretically she could start pulling people in there but No Place-X is not safe at all and keeps getting attacked thus Sinister has to keep moving it. So for right now the WHR is the safest place for those mutants now that the MR there has been neutralized.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Marvel has heard your critiques and will update the artwork with more influential characters. Come printing day, this will be the version they put out.

LOL, perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Gorgeous cover.

However...

Synch, Firestar, Sunspot and Destiny

Bishop, and Psylocke

all should have been included IMO.
    You must not have received the memo: Sunspot, Bishop, Synch, and Prodigy, then there's Manifold. All got the back of bus treatment cause, well reasons. Exactly what I would expect from there editors. List characters had various degrees of involvement in this "Age"
    Last edited by dkrook; 03-08-2024 at 05:07 AM.