Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's a nice cover. Of course my eye was immediately drawn to Gambit breaking the 4th wall lol
    The same. Lol. He's happy to leave this era behind.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    The same. Lol. He's happy to leave this era behind.
    I can't blame him
    Make Good Art

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love this! That cover by Pepe is just drop-dead gorgeous and I love how playful most characters seem.

It's great and fitting to have Claremont pen a story for Uncanny #700... I wonder if he'll be paired with Walt Simon on since he's also appearing as a creator?

And I might just die if Jerome Opeña is part of the new editorial and creative era! And if both Jerome and David Marquez are in, I will die but want to be resurrected immediately.

Gorgeous cover.

However...

Synch, Firestar, Sunspot and Destiny

Bishop, and Psylocke

all should have been included IMO.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Blame the editors. They pick who's on the cover. Thats what Mark Brooks insinuated. They just get to draw what version appeals to them most.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    pretty much confirms gail simone is part of the new era
    Oh nice catch. Happy to see her there.

The art is wonderful, but agree some of the character choices seem odd. Gateway, Banshee, Cannonball, Gabby, and Angel have played pretty minor parts in Krakoa.

Personally would have loved to see Kwannon (Hellions), Moonstar (New Mutants), Destiny (Immortal), Synch (X-Men) and Monet (Uncanny Avengers) as more representative of the era. Heck, Ms Marvel considering how much she's been pushed this era seems a strange omisson.

But oh well, it's not that big of a deal, that's just my nitpick.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh and this got me misty-eyed a bit. I know the story will go on and I'm incredibly excited about the new era, but Krakoa has been something truly special and an amazing playground for the mutants over the past several years... seeing a cover like this, I realize it's all really going to end in June.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Pogg-ur-Pogg is an interesting choice, for instance. Dani, Roberto, and Karma are conspicuously absent from the New Mutants. Any of them could have taken Kid Cable's place. Aldo neither Proudstar brother is there.

Illyana riding on Piotr's shoulder is a cute touch.
    Pogg was the first odd choice to pop out to me. Also is that Bei riding him or Hazmat hahaha. Also missing from here are all the Dead X-Men. I hope they dont die!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Oh and this got me misty-eyed a bit. I know the story will go on and I'm incredibly excited about the new era, but Krakoa has been something truly special and an amazing playground for the mutants over the past several years... seeing a cover like this, I realize it's all really going to end in June.
    My sentiments exactly. It's bittersweet because I've loved so much of the Krakoan era.

It's a beautiful cover and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm looking forward to finding out who the rest of the artists are.

Written by GERRY DUGGAN, KIERON GILLEN, AL EWING, CHRIS CLAREMONT & GAIL SIMONE
    Art by PHIL NOTO, JOSHUA CASSARA, LUCAS WERNECK, JEROME OPEÑA, STEFANO CASELLI, WALTER SIMONSON, LEINIL FRANCIS YU & MORE

The giant-sized issue will also feature a story of family by X-Men master Chris Claremont and offer a glimpse of things to come in the new X-Men titles launching this summer. It’s a landmark issue for one of pop culture’s most beloved franchises that no comic book fan will want to miss!
    A story of family by Claremont sounds wonderful.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

I am more than ready to say farewell to the Krakoa age. Hopefully we can get back to the characters acting the way they are supposed to not just poorly thought-out caricatures they have been the last five years.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't know what it is but...I really do not like that cover at all. Maybe one of the pending 700 variant covers will catch my eye.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Really nice cover. Could have probably fit a few more characters instead of the big crocodile. At least there's a tiny Pixie in the back for the Academy X rep.
    Karima sitting on Nimrod's arm actually looks cute.

OPENA ???§§§!!!!!
    IS HE BRINGING DEAN WHITE WITH HIM ???

Also, cool cover. dislike the weird perspective, love the Omega/Nimrod couple.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Great art. Some of the characters depicted though, are ...... odd choices for a major anniversary issue. Or more accuratly some of these choices are odd in that they are choosen over other characters that SHOULD be on this poster......

Also now am wondering who is flying the blackbird. Most of its normal pilots are already on the cover. Cyclops, Wolvie, Rouge, Jean, who else has flown it over the years... I know a lot but how many have pilots license or know I wonder.
    Wholeheartedly agree here. Like, why put Betsy Braddock and Gabby there when we could've had all 5 Cuckoos? Unforgivable!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Pogg was the first odd choice to pop out to me. Also is that Bei riding him or Hazmat hahaha. Also missing from here are all the Dead X-Men. I hope they dont die!
    It's Isca. Cannonball is in front of Pogg.